• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Shuttle Train from Woodlands to JB Central

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to KTMB, a new shuttle service will run to and from Woodlands and JB central starting from 01 Dec 2014.
Although the trip only takes 5 mins but the frequency is 1 hour during peak and 2 hours for off peak.
If they can increase the frequencies, this should be a very good alternative.
As I have earlier suggested, if they just upgrade the train stations in Woodlands and JB Central and have the trains departing more frequently like every 15 mins., then why bother to spend unnecessary for the RTS??
All the railway lines and stations are already there!
And it takes only 5 mins.

s2_5473e02908162.jpgtrain.jpg

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to KTMB, a new shuttle service will run to and from Woodlands and JB central starting from 01 Dec 2014.
Although the trip only takes 5 mins but the frequency is 1 hour during peak and 2 hours for off peak.
As I have earlier suggested, if they just upgrade the train stations in Woodlands and JB Central and have the trains departing more frequently like every 15 mins., then why bother to spend unnecessary for the RTS??

View attachment 18217View attachment 18218

its cancelled

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 18217View attachment 18218

This will be good for Princess Cove Project! Good News indeed!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
News lately had been quite quiet in Iskandar.
Seems like the entire property market is in the toilet.
Singapore is probably even worse with everyone hunkering down to anticipate a huge supply coming in stream pretty soon.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confused..
Issit on or off?

KTM just announced that the launching of this new service will be postponed indefinitely.
So typical of these MY companies and worse, this one being the national railway, announced something and later just postpone without any new dates.
According to the newspaper report, there were many people at the station early in the morning to catch the train only to be told that its not running yet!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current shuttle is still on but for the whole day only 5 trips each way and the fare is ridiculous.
JB -Woodlands - RM3.00
Woodlands -JB - S$11.00! , except one trip at 1830hr @S$3.00, maybe special for workers returning home from work.
So, in the morning, there will still be workers taking this shuttle train to SG but will not take it on return trip if can't catch the 1830hr schedule.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current shuttle is still on but for the whole day only 5 trips each way and the fare is ridiculous.
JB -Woodlands - RM3.00
Woodlands -JB - S$11.00! , except one trip at 1830hr @S$3.00, maybe special for workers returning home from work.
So, in the morning, there will still be workers taking this shuttle train to SG but will not take it on return trip if can't catch the 1830hr schedule.

Anyone tried this shuttle service so far? May I know where to park at JB side and is where does it end in Woodlands? Near any mrt, bus or taxi stands? Anyone switched from driving in to taking this shuttle?

Thinking if I can stay in JB, buy a Malaysian car and sell my Sg car and commute to work in Woodlands area with this....

How long is the journey and where can I get more info on this? With the new VEP and tolls, this might be an attractive alternative to driving a Sg car in and out everyday...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried this shuttle service so far? May I know where to park at JB side and is where does it end in Woodlands? Near any mrt, bus or taxi stands? Anyone switched from driving in to taking this shuttle?

Thinking if I can stay in JB, buy a Malaysian car and sell my Sg car and commute to work in Woodlands area with this....

How long is the journey and where can I get more info on this? With the new VEP and tolls, this might be an attractive alternative to driving a Sg car in and out everyday...

Just drop by the KTM office in JB Central or at the Woodlands Terminal and ask all the questions you have.
For your info, there are bus services and taxi stand just outside the Woodlands CIQ which is also the train Terminal.