• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Nation in Limbo and a Divide that Drives through the Heart of Singapore

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To see the PAP accuse another party of doing something they are even worse at doing, I do not even know what to say.

If you cannot get your own house in order, if you cannot even be transparent and accountable to Singaporeans, what makes you think you are even in a position to utter those very words to another?

The PAP makes transparent opaque.

It makes accountable discounted.

And then it thumps its own chest and say: we care for the people, we believe in equality, we…

Oh, spare me the bulls***, please.

If there is one thing that the PAP cares about, it is their money.

And that is the only thing.

ONLY THING.

If you seriously believe in wanting to protect Singaporeans, when you hear of stories of people choosing to die instead of go to a hospital, you will change your policies to make sure that they can at least go to a hospital. You will make sure that their first thought is not whether they can pay for their hospital bills but whether they can receive immediate quality care.

If you sincerely believe in wanting Singaporeans to earn a decent living, you would calculate how much Singaporeans need to survive and give them that amount of salary so that they can actually survive. You will not give someone $1,000, show off that you have raised it by 20 percent from a miserly $800, then when it is (still obviously) not enough, give the worker some extra cash then lament that the worker is begging you for it, when it was you who made the worker beg in the first place.

Look, if the PAP does its job, do you think Singaporeans would be angry with them?

Do you think Singaporeans would throw their support behind the opposition, if the PAP actually cares for Singaporeans?

And then when Singaporeans speak up, the PAP would crush them like a cockroach.

Honestly, be a gentleman. If you cannot take care of the people, then please vacate your seats and let someone else do it.

How can anyone justify that by paying themselves millions while paying tens of thousands of Singaporeans only S$1,000 every month in the most expensive country in the world, that they actually have the interests of the people at heart?

If the PAP actually cares for Singaporeans, then Santa Claus is also real.

My point?

Yes, what’s my point.

My point is that Singapore does not need to be in the mess it is in now.

Because the PAP wants to stay in power so that it can continue to protect its own wealth, it will attack the opposition and innocent Singaporeans just so it will get its way.

The PAP then uses the other estates of government, such as the civil service, and then turn it into their personal tools to attack Singaporeans.

We are no longer a country, if you have not noticed.

Who among us feel proud to be here?

Who among us are still proud to call Singapore home?

But why do we have to languish to this extent?

Not too long ago – maybe two decades ago – our country was still on its way to becoming the pride of our people.

What happened?

Because the PAP played dirt-cheap politics and would do anything it can just to stay in power.

Today, our country is divided because the PAP would protect the rich over the poor and the middle-class, foreigners over Singaporeans (because of the agreements they have signed with the other countries) and their own cronies over Singaporeans.

Of course, the PAP’s support is built on a very weak base. How many among its supporters genuinely believe that the PAP has its heart for its people? How many who swear by the PAP swear because of the money they get to earn just by swearing?

It saddens me to see how our country has become so divided, where the large majority of Singaporeans who are poor and the middle class, and where those who cannot help the PAP make the money they want, are cast aside as leeches.

I find it very sad.

Maybe pardon me for being so blatant about my disdain today. I do not know if there are other ways to frame this.

I have come to a point where I realise that Singapore is in a state of limbo.

And if we truly want change for our country, we have to decide to want it.

The problem is, Singaporeans do not really know what we want.

And so we keep dancing cha-cha. Back, forth, cha cha cha.

And then we hope that at some point, things will change and the country will become a better place!

How so, we do not know. Just not too drastic, not too harsh, I will not be able to take it, we think.

OK, sure, then what is it we really want?

Nothing, then?

I think we have reached a point where we have to ask ourselves......http://thehearttruths.com/2014/11/2...e-that-drives-through-the-heart-of-singapore/