• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raffles Institution in the 60s and 70s ..... where are the guys now?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RI also produced a true blue English Lord - Lord Cole, formerly Chairman of an international UK based company (Unilever)

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
RI also produced a true blue English Lord - Lord Cole, formerly Chairman of an international UK based company (Unilever)

Ahh but Cat High produced a prince who has led a great nation for over a decade and served the nation diligently for several decades prior. I'd say RI pales in comparison. :rolleyes:

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Benny lim joined the Police Force as a lowly Constable only......

Now he is right at the top of the heap.....

Nice and friendly guy with little airs....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shit! this thread is for old folks to gather around to feel nostalgic and later on get depressed.:biggrin:

but i admire RI boys, really smart. those inferior quality sinkies from some dun know what schools always jealous of those from RI and SAP schools, and they always like to play politics at work and sidelined those from good schools. a general observance.:o

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Retired several months ago. Last appointment was PS PMO.

Yup, super friendly with no airs ......

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have never have good impression of Home Affairs as a whole cos' i personally have been abused before, until today, there is no accountability. what can i do about it, just suck thumb and move on.:o

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
RI in the 70s also produced the scourge of the PAP in Sammyboy............... Yours Sincerely, and his best friend Ravi Menon.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though I regard Benny as one of the best, the "joining as lowly constable is misleading". It was special NS avoidance scheme that old man agreed to after being pressured by rich businessmen and VVIPs for their kids. Instead of serving their NS in SAF, they could sign on for 5 years as regular and paid regular salary and they are deemed to have completed their NS obligation. The best is that they could seek deferment after 2 years and go and do their University studies. They would return during university term breaks and end of year holidays and these can be added up towards the obligation. When they graduate, they are automatically made acting Inspectors until they complete their remaining obligations or get promote while under the scheme. When Benny came back from his studies he was promoted as a regular to ASP as he had 1st class honours.

Benny has always been overweight all his life and SAF was not going to be a place to be. By the way, Benny's father and old man were long time friends.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First Photo - Paul Heng and Tan Kim Cheng in the background. TKC still around.
Pastor Goalie - Graham Ng.
Sprinter Prefect who died - Soh Eng Hwa.
A younger sprinter who also died (cancer as well) - Alan Chee Heng Teck.

Soh Eng Hwa was a distance runner.