• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I Dislike Frogs...

joety

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live near Seletar Reservoir.

So living here, i've pretty much seen many animals including monkeys, wild boars and and bugs of different sorts. As soon as you walk outside you are bound to see something.

Since Singapore is hot and humid, I expect to see frogs and toads. Yet, I never really realized how much i was disgusted at even the thought of them.

Lately it's been raining ALOT here and the frogs and toads have been gathering around my house.

In fact, the other day when our washing machine was being delivered, somehow a frog got in. I was home alone and started crying the moment i noticed it. I couldnt even get within 2 feet of it without sobbing like a baby.

I even called my friend at work begging him to call somebody. he tried to calm me down and give me ideas on how to get it out but i refused to do it because i just imagined it hopping up and touching me but i didnt want to leave it because it might have a chance of hiding.

Finally, my friend came over and removed the frog from the house.

I threw bleach all over the floor and hopped in the shower scrubbing my skin.

I literally am terrified at the thought of opening the door because i know that they are near.

I can't even take my dog outside for a walk anymore because i just imagine a bunch of those ugly,gross creatures waiting for me to pass by so they all jump on me and im gagging as i type this.

Sometimes i can't even sleep peacefully because i just know that a frog or toad managed to get in my bedroom and is just ugh i can't even finish my sentence.

I feel really bad for hating them but i can't help the fact that they make me feel like this.

I try to get my friends to understand me but they just say im paranoid and just a drama mama but i don't even react this way to dobermans which i am also terrified of.

How?

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is not easy...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hpiIWMWWVco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For a moment, I thought you were referring to the French. They are also called as 'frogs' or toads or 'crapauds'. Bunch of losers who never regained their former glory after their foreign talent emperor, the Corsican dude Napoleon, got exiled after losing at Waterloo. The French had been losing every major encounter since. The only exception was when they last won the World Cup.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Doesn't scare me at all whoever posted this the most I just fuck off to the Thai thread.

joety

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a moment, I thought you were referring to the French. They are also called as 'frogs' or toads or 'crapauds'. Bunch of losers who never regained their former glory after their foreign talent emperor, the Corsican dude Napoleon, got exiled after losing at Waterloo. The French had been losing every major encounter since. The only exception was when they last won the World Cup.

The British have been poking fun at the French for their penchant for eating frog's legs since the 16th century by calling them "frog-eaters," now commonly shortened to just "frogs." The Chinese are known to have eaten frog's legs for millennia, and the Aztecs were partial to them too.

The first mention of them being eaten in Europe was in 12th century annals of the Catholic Church in France.

Monks had been ordered to not eat meat for a certain number of days per year and had managed to persuade the church that frogs were fish so that they could eat them. After this, the religiously devout and hungry peasants copied the monk's example, and it became a regular in the history of French cuisine.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

The British have been poking fun at the French for their penchant for eating frog's legs since the 16th century by calling them "frog-eaters," now commonly shortened to just "frogs." The Chinese are known to have eaten frog's legs for millennia, and the Aztecs were partial to them too.

The first mention of them being eaten in Europe was in 12th century annals of the Catholic Church in France.

Monks had been ordered to not eat meat for a certain number of days per year and had managed to persuade the church that frogs were fish so that they could eat them. After this, the religiously devout and hungry peasants copied the monk's example, and it became a regular in the history of French cuisine.

Fuck you all like to talk to yourself is it? Nothing better to do? Go get a life la!

SunHo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Toads?

Jokers like you fail PSLE. Now, here you go!

Frogs:

Need to live near water

Have smooth, moist skin that makes them look “slimy”.

Have a narrow body

Have higher, rounder, bulgier eyes

Have longer hind legs

Take long high jumps

Have many predators

Toads:

Do not need to live near water to survive

Have rough, dry, bumpy skin

Have a wider body

Have lower, football shaped eyes

Have shorter, less powerful hind legs

Will run or take small hops rather than jump

Do not have many predators. Toad’s skin lets out a bitter taste and smell that burns the eyes and nostrils of its predators, much like a skunk does.

Last edited:

SunHo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Toads?

And knowing that you fail PSLE and cannot comprehend well, here is a pic to improve your general knowledge!

77aea25f96126afac62cbba3ecb69a4b.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but do u like eating frog legs though?skewer them like chong pang chix wings.

I live near Seletar Reservoir.

So living here, i've pretty much seen many animals including monkeys, wild boars and and bugs of different sorts. As soon as you walk outside you are bound to see something.

Since Singapore is hot and humid, I expect to see frogs and toads. Yet, I never really realized how much i was disgusted at even the thought of them.

Lately it's been raining ALOT here and the frogs and toads have been gathering around my house.

In fact, the other day when our washing machine was being delivered, somehow a frog got in. I was home alone and started crying the moment i noticed it. I couldnt even get within 2 feet of it without sobbing like a baby.

I even called my friend at work begging him to call somebody. he tried to calm me down and give me ideas on how to get it out but i refused to do it because i just imagined it hopping up and touching me but i didnt want to leave it because it might have a chance of hiding.

Finally, my friend came over and removed the frog from the house.

I threw bleach all over the floor and hopped in the shower scrubbing my skin.

I literally am terrified at the thought of opening the door because i know that they are near.

I can't even take my dog outside for a walk anymore because i just imagine a bunch of those ugly,gross creatures waiting for me to pass by so they all jump on me and im gagging as i type this.

Sometimes i can't even sleep peacefully because i just know that a frog or toad managed to get in my bedroom and is just ugh i can't even finish my sentence.

I feel really bad for hating them but i can't help the fact that they make me feel like this.

I try to get my friends to understand me but they just say im paranoid and just a drama mama but i don't even react this way to dobermans which i am also terrified of.

How?

Suicide

Alfrescian
Loyal
My grandmother tells me that Frogs are Poisonous to Dogs. If your Dog happens to bite a Frog, your Dog will foam for a couple of days.

She added a few tips on How to keep frogs out of your garden...

1. Frogs generally come out when it is dark out and they are not at danger of loosing moisture. So, try to keep your garden spankingly clean.

2. She says that Frogs do not like the smell of citric acid because it burns them. So, you should store and buy a few lemons and making lemon water and spraying it on the ground around the area so that you will be able to walk your Dogs. Supposedly this lasts for up to a month but I think during rainy season it would be best to apply at least weekly.

3. Coffee Grounds are a complete turn off for Frogs. My grandmother says people who drink coffee and even if you donn’t you can brew a pot every week or two to keep the frogs away. Plus coffee grounds are great for your garden so your plants and grass will thank you. You will want to mix them with dirt so that your Dog or Dogs doesn’t try to eat them but the caffeine is supposed to keep the Frogs away.

4. My grandmother also says that any sort of standing water on your property ... you either dump it out and turn over the container or add some sort of filtration device to ponds. Frogs lay eggs in stagnant water. If the water is moving they will also move along.

5. She also tell me don’t over water your plants. Frogs like moisture and will burrow under leaves and dirt to find shade during the day. If the area is dry they will look for a more Frog friendly place to hang out.

Cheers and I hope it helps. :wink:

Last edited:

Suicide

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh...before I forget...

I am completely convinced that the Dogs don’t mean to snatch up the Frogs. Frogs usually sits there like a little statue but if the Dogs start to smell them, the Frogs literally hops up at them.

If you do not want to continue washing Frog foam out of their mouths every night, follow what my grandmother said above and your Dogs can have a place to do potty at night.

Frogs do eat bugs but I just don’t want them to be an issue for the Dogs. Also, do not use anything toxic to keep them away because your Dogs will be sniffing around and your Cat plays outside during the day.

Cheers !!! :wink: