• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cold storage smells differently as NTUC Fairprice

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The lobby of this hotel smells wonderful... it smells like some sweet-smelling incense.

hatten-hotel-melaka.jpg

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its called the stench of poverty,like our beloved ang moh friend once said.the difference between the smell at the back of a musty old SBS bus or a train carriage full of shit skins and bangras and the newly minted leather seat of a porsche and a spg wife that smells like a million bucks.

very good term used here - stench of poverty. :wink: not always but usually true.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you noticed, the air con smell of Cold Storage and NTUC Fairprice is very different. Whenever you are close proximity to a Cold Storage, a atas air con smell is there, you will know within a few metres away there is a Cold Storage.
Why are air con have different smell :confused:

Cold Storage got pinoy smell............ Fairprice got Tiong smell.......

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giant smells the worst,like chlorine and old ion emitters and extremely cold freezers with 3 month old fish.like the giant at suntec city,the smell assaults ur nostrils from 10ft away.I havent gone to sheng siong yet but I imagine its worse.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only coldstorage smells good. do u know that coldstorage has coffee machine? freshly grind and blew coffee? free one? do u know?

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there

1. Has anyone try sheng song?
2. Everything smells equally bad :biggrin:
I smell ozone at sheng shiong. They must know they smell bad so using ozone yo neutralize the smell. The poor workers there do not know the dangers they are subjecting themselves to though I always try to warn them of the dangers.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only coldstorage smells good. do u know that coldstorage has coffee machine? freshly grind and blew coffee? free one? do u know?

you not joking ? If that is the case, it explains why the aroma is totally different in Cold storage vs all other peasants super markets.
Atas people with branded perfumes, coupled with Filipinos smell, with coffee machines :wink:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you noticed, the air con smell of Cold Storage and NTUC Fairprice is very different. Whenever you are close proximity to a Cold Storage, a atas air con smell is there, you will know within a few metres away there is a Cold Storage.

Cold Storage got too many PEEnoise & PEEnay............... datz why

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CS is dying judging by their aggressive advertising........... pricier than other supermarts

as a housewife to 2 children and 1 husband, i would say that Coldstorage goods are value for money. However this statement is only valid for fresh pork and fresh beef section and some imported angmoh goods.

please never buy detergent, household goods from coldstorage as they are more expensive.

Coldstorage fresh beef and pork are very good !!!!

jw5

Loyal
After observing for some time, noted that the 2 supermarkets do smell different and Cold Storage generally smells better. :p

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even the staff at cold storage looks different from the staff at NTUC,NTUC hires alot of peasant aunties and girls u can tell come from the lower income strata of society,speaks low class chinese and fucked up singlish accent.Giant loves to hire all kinds of third world garbage especially PRCs.

cold storage is different,they hire mostly middle aged singaporean aunties that seems to be educated to a certain extend,well spoken and speaks fluent english and cheerful and pleasant.customer service is like SIA first class.i dunno but maybe its because my cold storage is located in the east near tanjong rhu near the ang moh and high class indian expat condo enclave.truly is a class above class.most of the time i shop at the ntuc located 500m away with all the peasant sinkie hordes and bangras and pinoys and south asians garbage.but occasionally i like to shop at atas cold storage.

whenever i shop at cold storage i feel like a low caste dalit,the other customers checkout their $200 shopping high class salmon and gammon hams and virginia hams and cumembert cheese and olive oils and salissica and trays of sushi and belgium chocolate crepes and shit.i check out my peasamt $20 shopping.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wait till you go visit Woh Hup Complex Thai Supermart the smell from the cat fish area
will put you off! At least go and smell ONCE!! Than you know what I am talking about!!

It's stink!!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Cold storage and ntuc fairprice invest heavily on deodorisers to make sure it does not smell like ShengSiong. Of late it seems Shenf Siong is doing it too