• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott List - Please Add

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coal Storage - Condoning foreigners (Peenoi)
Nippon Home - Maligning Singapore and Singaporeans (Federal + PRC)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's hard to avoid those situations after Lee Hsien Loong had let in a horde of them for the last ten years.

I would avoid patronising the businesses owned by George Quek, Douglas Foo, Koufu and Kopitiam... basically, the F&B places owned by cronies who revel in the pro-FT policy from PAP.

douglas-foo-pap.jpg

ST_20130922_PSHENG22_3848356e.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coal Storage - Condoning foreigners (Peenoi)
Nippon Home - Maligning Singapore and Singaporeans (Federal + PRC)

cold storage under Dairy Farm umbrella. like that must boycott every organisations under Dairy Farm?

quite a lot lor, Giant, 7-11, Marketplace, Guardian, GNC, etc etc.........

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why don't you guys make a clean sweep of things and boycott the whole damned country.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you guys make a clean sweep of things and boycott the whole damned country.

Very true, if this list goes all, there is no business enterprise left running in sinkie land, from the food stalls owned run by ah tiongs to the shops owned by an nehs and pinoys. The foreign rubbish is now everywhere in the country. The locals do not dominate the business scene now. Let the papees remain in power for another 5 years, locals can kiss their country good bye.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Han's Cafe - United Nations

Dear Gilbert,

I chanced upon your article “Why many Singaporeans are irked by LKY’s remarks on foreign talent“.
In your article, you mentioned about the number of foreign workers Han’s cafe hire. Coincidentally, I was working as a supervisor at Han’s cafe but have just quitted from the job yesterday.
Let me explained why.
For starter, let me introduce myself, I’m Fabian and recently graduated from NUS.
I’m not the typical lazy and good-life graduate that many of our leaders and ministers think we are,
I am interested in the F&B industry and decided to give it a shot by working in Hans cafe.
However, upon joining Hans, I realised that I was being marginalised in the company.
Up to 90% of the staff in the kitchen are from other nationalities, be it China, Malaysia,Myanmar or Philippines and even if there are workers from Singapore, they are all aunties who have worked in the company for many years.
Every single day of my job, I was being marginalised and bullied by the workers in the café - they were rude and treated me like an outsider and many inside the cafe were also not happy that I was made a supervisor even though they have worked in the company longer than I am.
I did not make any noise until my last day yesterday when I resigned as I felt I had enough.
The rude Malaysian cooks even challenged me to a fight on my last day.
My manager told me that it was my fault as I did not try to blend in with them!
What a joke – we local workers have to try and blend in with foreign staff?!
I was adamant that it was not my fault. I tried my best to be friendly while at work and didn’t offend or said anything rude to anyone during my time there but the people inside did not bother to warm up to me and were trying all ways to make things difficult for me.
I felt very disappointed that being a Singaporean, I was marginalised and discriminated in my own country.
I started work on the 26 of October and I got my first pay check on the 1st of November.
Gilbert: reader has contacted me later saying that he started the job on 26 Sep and not 26 Oct and apologised for the error.
Since I left on the 4th November under a cloud, the company did not make contact to give me my 3-day pay in lieu.
I was wondering if you Gilbert could help me to write in to the relevant authorities to inform them about my situation and also to make a report against Han’s cafe for making me work overtime without pay as I understand that Singaporeans are protected by a 8-hour workday law.
I also suspected that Han’s Café has not been following the quota on the hiring of foreign workers.
Your article has given me hope that there are many Singaporeans who are willing to stand up against the authorities and fight for injustice for Singaporeans like me who have little say in our own country.

Thank You.
Tay