• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fandi Ahmad wants to retire in Batam – and people say they understand

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Oh i see . Thk You for vital info . If like that Fandi Ahmad sure "betted his Farm"

I am thinking of emigrating to Indonesia too. Bandung is my favorite destination because of the pleasant climate. I was there for a few months on an assignment in the mid 90s. I loved the food and the people.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am thinking of emigrating to Indonesia too. Bandung is my favorite destination because of the pleasant climate. I was there for a few months on an assignment in the mid 90s. I loved the food and the people.

Bang a dozen Batam Whores every month and you should be able to meet your spending quota. :smile:
the chicks in bandung are way much better / cheaper compared to batam to meet the quota - more "bang" for the buck :p

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

pictures of Bandung very nice leh ...

bandung_map.jpg

More Pictures of Bandung Indonesia

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...%2Findonesia%2Fwest-java%2Fbandung%2F;450;339

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes the weather is very nice & probably why it is popular with Jakarta residents who go there for the weekends because it is quite easy to get to using the CipuLarang highway as it takes only a 2.5 hour journey by car.

It must have changed since the mid 90's. When I was there a few years ago I was surprised that there were many fashionable shopping malls. It was not what I expected, I was expecting a small town:o There are also many great restaurants serving local & western fare.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Fandi Ahmad wants to retire in Batam – and people say they understand1

You'll be disappointed.
its now chock-a-block with tall modern buildings, congested roads, malls,people ... and thanks to this the cool weather has been replaced by hot humid sinkie type climate

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

You'll be disappointed.
its now chock-a-block with tall modern buildings, congested roads, malls,people ... and thanks to this the cool weather has been replaced by hot humid sinkie type climate

I just checked the weather websites and the max/min temperatures and humidity levels are similar to what I experienced 20 years ago.

I'm sure it must be hotter in the heart of the city though but I wouldn't want to live there. I'd look for a nice plot of land high on the volcanic plateau and build a home of my dreams.

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way yellow skin like me needs to paint myself brown just to be safe as white skins are easy targets in mooselim terrorist country.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
By the way yellow skin like me needs to paint myself brown just to be safe as white skins are easy targets in mooselim terrorist country.

Never had any problems in Bandung. Just speak their lingo and spend money and they'll love you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way machiam like shop at little india.

shop.jpg

Whatever your budget there are more choices in Bandung.

Take a look a Ion at Orchard Road. Many of the same brands will be available at the upscale malls in Bandung. If you want the Mustaffa experience there are also the older malls that sell local brands.
Even if you pay tourist prices it will probably be cheaper than if you shop in Spore

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even a millionaire feels that Sinkiestan is too expensive for retirement :eek::eek::eek:

what about those forced to retire when 62 earlier on?? NO thks to govt wayang n indecision....... all these while old fart was allow to continue working without pay cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry me born in the wrong generation but this fandi ahmad looks like the uncle that cooks my nasi padang and perdekel kentang?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Few month back, over few drinks at a pub in Changi, befriended a chap associated with the FAS.. He was considered one of the top football administrators in this country back then.. Told me Fandi now easily earning more than 15K a month from his FAS pay, his football academy and from various sponsorships.. He was on hard times back then because of his failed business ventures and the mysterious illness suffered by his wife when he was coaching in Indonesia.. His wife is also a part time instructor at ITE.. Now things are looking good for him and his family again..