• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fandi Ahmad wants to retire in Batam – and people say they understand

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give thnks to Pinky and his Team for gettimg rid of all true blue Singaporean, replace with FTs.

A country which is sick to the core. Even foreign operators are now invited to run buses in the country. Which country in the world takes away business from local operators and gives it to foreign operators?

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even a millionaire feels that Sinkiestan is too expensive for retirement :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, a millionaire with successful career, lovely kids, pretty wife also not happy being in SG, many out there only early retirement option is in bedok reservoir :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Am I the only one curious about how his wife looks like today:smile:

[video=youtube;rbKpYUUr1yE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbKpYUUr1yE[/video]

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
His sons in Chile, right?

Chile got a lot of kampungs with Spanish-speaking babes.

I fell in love when I was there many years ago, before there K-pop saboed my life.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Football: Fandi Ahmad's father Ahmad Wartam dies

The former national goalkeeper died this morning after spending a month in hospital, according to the Football Association of Singapore. He was 79.

ahmad-wartam-and-fandi-s.jpg

Mr Ahmad Wartam (in blue shirt) with his son Fandi and grandchildren. (Photo: FAS)

SINGAPORE: Former national goalkeeper and father of LionsXII head coach Fandi Ahmad, Ahmad Wartam, died Saturday morning, according to a post on the Football Association of Singapore's (FAS) Facebook page.

He had spent a month in hospital in the Intensive Care Unit, the post added. He was 79.

"Our deepest sympathies are with Fandi's family and our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult period," FAS said.

- CNA/kk

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Football: Fandi Ahmad's father Ahmad Wartam dies

The former national goalkeeper died this morning after spending a month in hospital, according to the Football Association of Singapore. He was 79.

ahmad-wartam-and-fandi-s.jpg

Mr Ahmad Wartam (in blue shirt) with his son Fandi and grandchildren. (Photo: FAS)

SINGAPORE: Former national goalkeeper and father of LionsXII head coach Fandi Ahmad, Ahmad Wartam, died Saturday morning, according to a post on the Football Association of Singapore's (FAS) Facebook page.

He had spent a month in hospital in the Intensive Care Unit, the post added. He was 79.

"Our deepest sympathies are with Fandi's family and our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult period," FAS said.

- CNA/kk

Didn't know that he was a goalie. Only know Wilfred Skinner during that era.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looking at the requirements it is cheaper to retire in Indonesia than Thailand. The biggest difficulty is I think the following

Secondly, applicants must take part in a number of practices that benefit the local economy. Retirees in Indonesia must provide documents indicating that they are spending at least $500 USD per month on accommodation if they plan to reside in Bali, Jakarta or Bandung. Other regions have a $200 USD minimum monthly spend.

I often go to Batam where haircuts are $2 & eating out at a restaurant is less than $10. The hotels are also cheap.
I think the hardest requirement is how to spend at least US$200 a month:biggrin: Especially with the rupiah so weak against the $USD

Can buy receipt from people :wink: think out of the box

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am happy for him. At least he's got the means to leave Singapore and live in Batam. Many sinkies still stuck here because being tied down for whatever reason.

I feel very lucky even I'm not retired to be living in Bangkok. Here's the cost of living in Bangkok. If you wanna know how much please click here http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....e-to-living-in-Thailand&p=2055543#post2055543

Why he go there, everything up except in geylang never up. Save his 45 min trip for 45 min bonk.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think he is a millionaire today.

Unlikely. He lost heavily in his 2nd hand car biz. Trusted his kakis too much. At one time, banks were chasing him. MBT offered to help but did not materialise in the end.

His finances should be more stable now. Unlike Fandi, Sundram has better biz acumen.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was in Batam last week & was visiting Nagoya Hill Mall & someone selling properties handed me a brochure. The prices ranged from 315,000,000 to 780,000,000 rupiah for landed property. At current exchange rate of SIN$1 to 9,800 rupiah that is about SIN$32,142 to SIN$79,591. This was for a house with garden & not a condo.

It's much cheaper than in JB.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not Sulawesi where std of living is much much cheaper than Batam n got chance to become the next HareBabi or Joker Widodo??