• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lee - Was $20.5m transferred to TIP fund by PAP from AHTC

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Were S & CC increases justified?

After analysing these reports – arguably a lot of explaining may be need to be done to explain as to whether the increase in Service and Conservancy Charges (S & CC) by the 14 PAP town councils (including Aljunied) in 2004 and 2010 (Aljunied together with a few town councils) were justified.

I am only analysing Aljunied, as I do not have access to the old reports of the other 13 town councils.

$2.5m operating surpluses in 4 years?

Aljunied had operating surpluses of $562,146, $1,056,868, $939,532 in 2002/03, 2003/04 and 2004/05, and an operating deficit of $107,226 in 2005/06.

$13.8m accumulated surplus?

However, it had huge accumulated surpluses of $13,381,756, $13,799,110, $9,151,660 and $4,268,130, respectively.

In this connection, we know from AHPETC’s annual report for 2012 that the accumulated surplus was $5.5 million on 31 March 2011 – just before Aljunied was lost to the Workers’ Party.

Whopping $20.5m transferred to TIP fund?

Moreover, the accumulated surpluses may actually have been much more – further indicators as to whether the S & CC increases were justified – because it had made whopping transfers from the accumulated surpluses to the Town Improvement and Projects Fund of $2,000,000, $3,100,000, $8,206,000 and $7,500,000.

Looking at the above humongous figures – do you think the S & CC increases were justified?

A world of difference after WP?

In stark contrast, the appropriation to the Town Improvement and Projects Fund (from accumulated surpluses?) was only $169,876 and $1,032,389 in 2013/12 and 2012/11, after the Workers’ Party took over the town council.

Opening “a can of worms”?

As a resident of Aljunied, I am in a way glad that my town council has been criticised – as things may arguably be coming out – like a “can of worms”.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/25/aljunied-tc-under-pap-transferred-20-5m-to-tip-fund/

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope Desmond Lee will wake up to find that he is one of the most unpopular politicians soon.

He thinks he is great for speaking out, but the more he speaks, the more i find myself hating him more.....

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should lead Kamikaze team to Aljunied GRC

DL_juronggrcwebsite.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's see if this clown is going to launch his third wave of attacks.
These barking dogs are really cute, especially when they smile....with or without teeth whiteners....