• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reasons for appealing against parking fines

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Next time we know what excuse to use when appealing against parking summon issued to us.

10384348_739892356059278_6499731476315651546_n.jpg

1381259_739892379392609_2978763630082355422_n.jpg

10173530_739892406059273_8174855087176962647_n.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't see why an explanation is required in the first place. The police and other law enforcement agencies are at liberty to park anywhere they want in the course of their duties.

Imagine how you would feel if you were being attacked by a madman with a knife and cop car drove past and didn't stop to help because there was a "No stopping" sign along the road.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see why an explanation is required in the first place. The police and other law enforcement agencies are at liberty to park anywhere they want in the course of their duties.

... but they stopped there to buy kopi-o

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
... but they stopped there to buy kopi-o

Cops need to drink. They aren't Robocops. They're human like the rest of us.

Are you telling me that you go through your working day without a drop of water? :rolleyes:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cops need to drink. They aren't Robocops. They're human like the rest of us.

Are you telling me that you go through your working day without a drop of water? :rolleyes:

Cops are paid to protect us and it is their job to die for us.

My previous lecturer in tertiary institute told us this.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Cops are paid to protect us and it is their job to die for us.

My previous lecturer in tertiary institute told us this.

Yes and that is why they often have to leave their vehicles at places where there are "no parking" signs.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes and that is why they often have to leave their vehicles at places where there are "no parking" signs.

Emergency okay lah but that is for police. These are LTA, they are not police, just traffic enforcement poodles. They do not deal with emergency.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laws are for all to observe!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only arseholes like Sam says TP is above the law!!!!!!!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it was LKY or LHL's retinue no one would dare to question their actions lawful or not. They are very important VIPs with important stuff to do such as buying chicken rice, going for a medical appointment,....

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Laws are for all to observe!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only arseholes like Sam says TP is above the law!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say they're above the law. I said that there are exempted from following certain laws under certain circumstances in order to carry out their duties of serving and protecting.

EG they are allowed to carry firearms whereas you and I would face the gallows if we did the same.

They are also allowed to exceed the speed limit to get to the scene of a crime or accident etc

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is wrong. If they are caught speeding, they should be asked to explain and also receive a fine.

Any demerit points or fine should be paid by the officer in his personal capacity as it is a choice he made personally.

It does not make sense to break the law to protect it.

They are also allowed to exceed the speed limit to get to the scene of a crime or accident etc

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure why TP allows appeal . By allowing it, they are literally indicating the patrolling TP are not doing their job properly.
Ironically most appeal cases are successful :confused:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Not sure why TP allows appeal . By allowing it, they are literally indicating the patrolling TP are not doing their job properly.
Ironically most appeal cases are successful :confused:

The Singapore government operates a transparent system which can withstand robust scrutiny. That is why appeals are allowed.