• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reasons for appealing against parking fines

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emergency okay lah but that is for police. These are LTA, they are not police, just traffic enforcement poodles. They do not deal with emergency.

These buggers are not even poodles but road marshals per se but act BF like one. See if any of these buggers can produce a SPF warrant card to show you.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see why an explanation is required in the first place. The police and other law enforcement agencies are at liberty to park anywhere they want in the course of their duties.
disagree. there are places where even pinky will need a very good reason to park. eg leong sam, your bathroom when you are doing your big business.

Imagine how you would feel if you were being attacked by a madman with a knife and cop car drove past and didn't stop to help because there was a "No stopping" sign along the road.
so now lta also responsible of stopping madman?

Cops need to drink. They aren't Robocops. They're human like the rest of us.
so now lta also part of singapore kennel force?

Are you telling me that you go through your working day without a drop of water? :rolleyes:
i agree wholeheartedly. but lta has the record of rejecting any and every reasons under the sun for similar parking offenses

are you relling me that now regular true pink singaporeans and their children are lesser mortal and no need a drop of water?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA says it's okay to anyhow park after you have "exhausted" looking for a lot

Could Singapore’s Land Transport Authority be planning a major revamp of its parking policy to include summons-free parking privileges for those unable to find ‘legitimate’ parking lots?

Apparently, the LTA believes that its alright to park if you can’t, so long as you have ‘exhausted’ all means of finding such a lot, and your vehicle doesn’t cause obstruction to other road users.

Such a plan could have been sparked by two LTA officers who parked illegally at the Changi Airport Terminal 2 carpark, for reasons yet to be confirmed. LTA responded to his query about the officers by justifying their behaviour, without offering any reason for that justification.

And in Singapore, if it’s all hush-hush, for sure something must be in the works. We’re waiting for LTA to roll out this new coupon for use in times of a legitimate emergency which warrants unlawful parking.

The reader’s letter, and LTA’s reply can be read on the right.

I was at Changi Airport Terminal 2 earlier this month and I happened to see two LTA bikes parked illegally despite there being several other parking lots around. The bikes were parked at Carpark 2A on Level 3.

I could not see the officers standing anywhere nearby doing work and when I returned over 15 minutes later, the bikes were still there.

I suspect that the LTA officers parked there to go and eat dinner at the canteen.

While I can understand that LTA officers may need to park illegally in order to do their job....http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/28/coming-soon-summon-free-parking-coupons/

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LTA says it's okay to anyhow park after you have "exhausted" looking for a lot

10349959_617918681663353_8784697995057701065_n.jpg

10614191_617918648330023_711808488866961606_n.jpg

10690347_617918668330021_5203274214643031083_n.jpg