• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quite attractive time deposit rates

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF is returned in full. Most of the money is returned at 55. However, for the more vulnerable member of society, a small amount is held back and drip fed to ensure that the financially illiterate are not taken advantage of.

"most money is returned in full at 55..." WTF are you spouting?
the owner of the money n not govt decides who is vunerable!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cpf is better at twice the rate. :biggrin:

CPF money is like a fixed deposit with an indefinite time period for maturity.

Go to any bank and tell them you want to make a fixed deposit, but the bank is free to keep the money until you die.

I think the bankers and bank officers there will laugh to death! :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Go to any bank and tell them you want to make a fixed deposit, but the bank is free to keep the money until you die.

thats why CPF is a tax,the government is lieing to you when they say CPF belongs to you,u are paying 20% income tax for welfare and u dont even know it,and u dont even get shit until ur 62 or 65.

worse still CPF is a regressive tax since its capped at 5k income.....that means the rich doesnt have to contribute 20% of their income exceeding 5k to welfare and retirement and the money is not pooled together for greater use.

jw5

Loyal
CPF money is like a loan from you to them where they unilaterally determine the time for repayment as well as the interest rate. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I get 3.25% in JB

Even if you assume that the ringgit will depreciate a lot against the SGD within one year, I think overall you'll still gain more money than the pittance offered by the banks in Sinkieland. :wink:

And this is where the fear mongering starts: Malaysia's banks are not safe, you may get robbed, raped or murdered while making your way there. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A tax is money that is taken from you never to be seen again. CPF does not fall into this category because you or your family get everything back.

let me rephrase that,CPF is not just a tax,its a debt obligation,and right now the debt obligation stands at 300 billion SGD,PAP owes 300 billion worth of CPF debt to Singaporeans.and that is one debt obligation that will never be repaid just like USA's 17 trillion dollar debt.

"song boh?????"Teo chee hean shouts......"i feel so rich whenever i look at my CPF statement!!!all ur CPF are belong to us!!!"

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
let me rephrase that,CPF is not just a tax,its a debt obligation,and right now the debt obligation stands at 300 billion SGD,PAP owes 300 billion worth of CPF debt to Singaporeans.and that is one debt obligation that will never be repaid just like USA's 17 trillion dollar debt.

"song boh?????"Teo chee hean shouts......"i feel so rich whenever i look at my CPF statement!!!all ur CPF are belong to us!!!"

That is pure rhetoric and absolutely baseless. Anyone can go about bleating about the compromised integrity of any institution but that does not mean there is an ounce of truth to it.

There is not a single person in Singapore that I know that has not been repaid, with interest, what the CPF owes him/her. If you can find one, give me the details of the case including how much was not paid out and what reasons the CPF gave for not paying out.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is pure rhetoric and absolutely baseless. Anyone can go about bleating about the compromised integrity of any institution but that does not mean there is an ounce of truth to it.

There is not a single person in Singapore that I know that has not been repaid, with interest, what the CPF owes him/her. If you can find one, give me the details of the case including how much was not paid out and what reasons the CPF gave for not paying out.

There is only 1 way to prove that cpf board have enough $ to pay everyone. They have to payout to everyone first to prove it.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if you assume that the ringgit will depreciate a lot against the SGD within one year, I think overall you'll still gain more money than the pittance offered by the banks in Sinkieland. :wink:

And this is where the fear mongering starts: Malaysia's banks are not safe, you may get robbed, raped or murdered while making your way there. :biggrin:

Study the ex rate carefully n jump in....... & live happily forever after

jw5

Loyal
A "debt obligation" is a loan, you dumbass. :biggrin:

its a tax not a loan.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is only 1 way to prove that cpf board have enough $ to pay everyone. They have to payout to everyone first to prove it.

Commercial banks wouldn't be able to do that either. They'd have to borrow if all depositors demanded their money back at the same time.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why bring the ringgit back to Spore since everything here is overpriced :confused:

Whatever I have invested in Malaysia stays there. I can use the ringgit for re-investments, shopping trips, & holidays.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Commercial banks wouldn't be able to do that either. They'd have to borrow if all depositors demanded their money back at the same time.

haha back to same old topic again - for commercial bank depositor have a choice to deposit or withdraw whereas CPF has no option for that LOL

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha back to same old topic again - for commercial bank depositor have a choice to deposit or withdraw whereas CPF has no option for that LOL

Rubbish. As long as you are not from singapore or west malaysia, you can cash out your CPF any time you like.