• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gay Loong invite Joko to Istana for tarpau Nasi Lemak and Roti Prata

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Joko:

"Kanena in Jakarta I got 5 testers to taste my food first, and I have a full lab in my Istana to test for poisons, and I have 10 security personnel to do background checks on the cooks, and here I have to give face and eat this don't-know-where-come-from Nasi Lemak because pink shirt bapok boy buy for me. Its hard to be Presidente, sigh".

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
10750060_809324742463567_7717135276112180261_o-1024x628.jpg

Gay Loong should have gone all the way. Serve $2.50 packet of nasi lemak on a fancy chinaware and expensive tableware. Why don't he just go all the way and use the plastic knife and fork that came with the tar pau?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lor, one of them should wear the 5 china made t-shirt with pajama pants and the other should wear a sarong and slippers. Must have the ambiance mah.

overheard my coffee soh friends the Chief of Cook at the Istana will be "cooked "

very soon . For Put Pres Joko in a spot . Prata and Nasi Lemak maybe with Extra Eggs

( estimate total 4 Paxs = S$20 at $$$ 4 pax x $5 per pax before discount )

served on inapproxiate luxury eat wares and inapproxiate servers . Why all men servers leh ???

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cannot. it's not just a simple $2.50 packet of nasi lemak. it's repackaged, rebranded, high-value added nasi lemak that is retouched and freshly garnished for dignitaries. it should at least be $6.69, more than twice its street value as it is served on istana china and silverware with linen by well paid palatial servants. even gourmet-style nasi lemak served at kopitiam café in milpitas is priced at usd8.80 for lunch, and it cums with kopi.

image.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot. it's not just a simple $2.50 packet of nasi lemak. it's repackaged, rebranded, high-value added nasi lemak that is retouched and freshly garnished for dignitaries. it should at least be $6.69, more than twice its street value as it is served on istana china and silverware with linen by well paid palatial servants. even gourmet-style nasi lemak served at kopitiam café in milpitas is priced at usd8.80 for lunch, and it cums with kopi.

View attachment 18158

The Chief of Cook maybe got Conned By a 5 Stars Hotel ???????

i just had Nasi Lemak and Prata this morning

AdamRoadNasiLemak6.jpg

Nasi Lemak with 1 Egg only total S$3.00 ( coffee soh got discount , before discount is S$3.50 )

170934697bd820a23561157818_original.

Prata with 1 Egg and Curry only S$2.00 ( coffee soh got discount , before discount is S$2.50 )

Total costs of my breakfast only S$5.00 ( $3 + $2 ) free Kopi O for Coffee ( Kopi ) Soh .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i only have half a boiled egg in milpitas while you have a full fried egg. and the café stopped serving wings. you have a much better deal, thanks to the pap for keeping comfort food prices low in sg. :biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only have half a boiled egg in milpitas while you have a full fried egg. and the café stopped serving wings. you have a much better deal, thanks to the pap for keeping comfort food prices low in sg. :biggrin:

600px-1998_series_10000_rupiah_note_%28obverse_and_reverse%29.jpg

S$1 = 10 000 Indo Rupiah S$5 = 50 000 Indo Rupiah

Food Prices in Indo 50 000 IR you can get Breakfast Lucnh and Dinner :eek::eek::eek:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joko thinking of how to find SG$2.50 equivalent food back in Indonesia. Next time Pinky and man-date travel to Jakarta must return the same price of food to them.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot. it's not just a simple $2.50 packet of nasi lemak. it's repackaged, rebranded, high-value added nasi lemak

this is how the con job started
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4Qa6QXBxxWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time all Nasi Lemak stalls in SG sold the crunchy fish. Now, it's mostly deep fried Chicken. Wrong kind of Nasi Lemak.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, you go eat at Adam Road Food Centre Nasi Lemak, the owner sure very "song bong", you must ask, why never serve me in white diner jacket..same you go eat roti prata in woodlands..ah heh ,must serve you in coat & tie..with name tag...for $1.80 egg with gravy... ha ha ha ha

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time all Nasi Lemak stalls in SG sold the crunchy fish. Now, it's mostly deep fried Chicken. Wrong kind of Nasi Lemak.
Wholeheartedly agree.
Best nasi lemak is made at home for self consumption by old makciks.
Nine of the best hawker stalls come close. Most Malays quietly laugh at the long queue.

Basmati rice has got that bland bleached out empty taste lacking umami or mouthfeel.
It is suitable for briyani as it absorbs oil and flavours of the spices but not recommended for nasi lemak.
Nasi lemak requires almost glutinous type of rice. The coconut milk adds richness and the other ingredients must be in moderation. Hawkers normally put too much lemongrass.

Good sambal , ikan bilis and cucumber is all that's needed. Ikan selar well fried is a bonus.
Chicken wing only for those who don't know better and for hawkers to detract from their lousy rice.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
indonesians make the best malay food,and its really the authentic thing,the chilli coated chicken,the rice and the perdekel kentang,their nasi ambeng is fantastic.

once u eaten indonesian cooking,u will laugh at the nasi lemak made by the chinese stalls.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Wholeheartedly agree.
Best nasi lemak is made at home for self consumption by old makciks.
Nine of the best hawker stalls come close. Most Malays quietly laugh at the long queue.

Basmati rice has got that bland bleached out empty taste lacking umami or mouthfeel.
It is suitable for briyani as it absorbs oil and flavours of the spices but not recommended for nasi lemak.
Nasi lemak requires almost glutinous type of rice. The coconut milk adds richness and the other ingredients must be in moderation. Hawkers normally put too much lemongrass.

Good sambal , ikan bilis and cucumber is all that's needed. Ikan selar well fried is a bonus.
Chicken wing only for those who don't know better and for hawkers to detract from their lousy rice.

Like seriously? U don't know what is Indian and what is Malay style nasi lemak? Basmatic rice in the nasi lemak should have given you a clue that its indian style, especially when served with the fried chicken. Malay style nasi lemak never has meat, and its made with coconut rice, and the original was served with Ikan Selar and later on ikan bilis was substituted when it was harder to get selar. Once upon a time, I wouldn't even eat nasi lemak if it was served with ikan bilis. the ikan selar tastes much better. U better go and eat some nasi lemak from around the region and then come back and have a discussion with me.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
indonesians make the best malay food,and its really the authentic thing,the chilli coated chicken,the rice and the perdekel kentang,their nasi ambeng is fantastic.

once u eaten indonesian cooking,u will laugh at the nasi lemak made by the chinese stalls.

The ayam goreng is to die for, especially eaten with the chilli. I could eat the whole chicken.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
?

whats the black strap she is wearing?

Its those elastic wrists bands with the motivational messages on them. She has 2. One says "Must stop losing money in Temasek". The second one says "see the first wristband"

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Joko face don't look to happy. He must have thought Gay Loong was joking when he said he will banjar him $2.50 nasi Lemak for breakfast. Singapore really bankrupt, must go to hawker stall to buy makan for visiting head of state. Maybe Gay Loong told Joko that since he is only flying economy class to attend his son graduation at ACS, he should keep with the theme and eat an economical breakfast.

jw5

Loyal
Why they never eat the nasi lemak that the Brunei Sultan supposedly likes to eat? :wink: