• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which places worthy of visit in Washington D.C.?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've never visited Washingston D.C. when I was in L.A. and S.F. many years.

Now my wife and I are planning a two-week holiday in Washington D.C.

Bros, please recommend some places worthy of visit.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah lah.................yah lah...................people know you 2 velly lucky lah...............live in USA lah...........

how ?................hear gunshots got Pee And Poop in your pants or not................?

Putin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Museums - they are all free and good. Aerospace Museum is the most popular. Go to Mount Vernon outside the city - the huge estate of George Washington turned into a museum. Nice feel for that period of history.
Of course must visit the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and so on. If you are interested in Shakespeare go to Folger Library. The security is so tight now that it is not worth visiting the White House - you need to book early in any case.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Washington D.C is a nice place to visit. White house, Lincoln memorial, Washington monument and lots of interesting museums to visit.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It all depends upon where your interests lie. What's worthy for one person may be dead boring for another.

Do your research on line. Only you know what you want to see.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

The River/Tidal Basin

Library of Congress

Outside of White House (if you dare)

Adams Morgan

Definitely not Chinatown.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'll recommend all locations marked on the map. they are all within walking distance. my favorites are the smithsonian natural history museum and air and space museum. washington monument, lincoln memorial with the reflection pool, capitol hill, vietnam memorial, and ww2 memorial are great shrines of america. the white house is an option as it's literally the black house now. the ford theater where lincoln was shot is a nice historic detour. there's a house nearby where lincoln's body was warded before they announced his passing.

image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would spend more time in New York rather than spend so much time in Washington DC because I'm not attracted boring historical sites. If you like that sort of thing go visit Rome where you have plenty of monuments:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never been there, and not attracted to see the White House, but if I happen to drop by into DC, for sure I'd want to visit the Smithsonian Institute. Imagine it to be huge with lots of things to see, so might allocate a day there. Have fun!

Cheers!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never been there, and not attracted to see the White House, but if I happen to drop by into DC, for sure I'd want to visit the Smithsonian Institute. Imagine it to be huge with lots of things to see, so might allocate a day there. Have fun!

Cheers!

Smithsonian Institute is boring. Go to the Holocaust place, much better.

Outside WH is actually nice. You get to meet a guy who sits there forever campaigning for no nukes.