• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Peng Ann: Why I joined opposition politics

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Former SAF Col Tan Peng Ann joins opposition party

You don't make sense.

If you are a TP resident and if SingFirst is the only party that contests against PAP at Tanjong Pagar, and you don't want to waste your vote on Tan Peng Ann, then who do you vote for?

Voting for the AP is a vote against the pap.

All Singaporeans should vote against the pap for the damage it has done to Singapore and Singaporeans.

Don't be idealistic and talk abt wasting your vote

I also dislike any party using the word Alternative in its speeches or manifesto.
There is no such thing as Alternative.........hence since he keeps saying ALTERNATIVE, I believe his concept of Opposition is totally naive and juvenile and flawed.

When one submits for any tender, it always states in one of its clauses '.....Or Alternative'. This means a different brand but same specifications or equivalent specifications. Why should we vote for same or equivalent specifications?

Just stick to genuine Opposition and cut the crap on Alternative this, Alternative that silly shit.....fucking childish!!

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I also dislike any party using the word Alternative in its speeches or manifesto.
There is no such thing as Alternative.........hence since he keeps saying ALTERNATIVE, I believe his concept of Opposition is totally naive and juvenile and flawed.

When one submits for any tender, it always states in one of its clauses '.....Or Alternative'. This means a different brand but same specifications or equivalent specifications. Why should we vote for same or equivalent specifications?

Just stick to genuine Opposition and cut the crap on Alternative this, Alternative that silly shit.....fucking childish!!

Alternative to PAP sounds good. Opposition sounds oppose for sake of opposing.

Anyway to each his own.

BTW, you have not made sense of how you wld waste your vote by voting for that ex Army man. Do you disagree that a vote against the pap is never a waste?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The term "Opposition" is inherited from the Westminster political system.

The term "Loyal Opposition" is often used to emphasise that although they oppose the government, they are loyal to country and King/Queen.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyway to each his own.

BTW, you have not made sense of how you wld waste your vote by voting for that ex Army man. Do you disagree that a vote against the pap is never a waste?

Nope, I don't share your retarded view. The world over, all political parties use the word Opposition when it is contesting against the ruling party. I don't see how in your own deluded mind you stigmatized such an accepted word as Opposition to mean oppose for the sake of opposing. Instead of getting down to the fight, you retards rather spend silly time concocting imaginary innuendos to a word that is totally out of sync with the ground swell. That's why anyone or any party that uses Alternative instead of Opposition will never get my vote, because it is hypocritical and outrageously dumb. I know when this word was used, which election even......but it is dumb from the get go, that's why it fails and will always fail, because it is timid and outright stupid....that speaks volumes for the tenacity or lack of of the proponents of this silly word Alternative.

Just like I never like the phrase 'co-driver'. There is no such thing. Either you seriously want to be THE DRIVER or you kwai kwai be the passenger. There is no such a thing as 'co-driver'. It's oxymoron! It never work, as obviously it didn't. Are you blind? Can't you see how ineffective it has been?

On the last para, why should I account my vote and voting prerogative with you? Who are you?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who dares win is SAS motto. maybe saf want to cut off colonial era motto...

Yes, may be the SAF, desire that, or it could also possibly be that For Honour and Glory does not sound as "garang" or offensive as Who Dares, Wins.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I prove you wrong. That's why you are so agitated and getting irrational.

No need to be angry. To be wrong is human. Just admit it

You see what I mean? To you I'm agitated, but it's only in your own retarded delusional mind. I just don't like to waste too much time pandering to your nagging, because you're not even a female. So, cut the silly nick crap and come back with a proper sincere nick, then maybe I'll spend some quality time with you here. :rolleyes:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You see what I mean? To you I'm agitated, but it's only in your own retarded delusional mind. I just don't like to waste too much time pandering to your nagging, because you're not even a female. So, cut the silly nick crap and come back with a proper sincere nick, then maybe I'll spend some quality time with you here. :rolleyes:

okok...u r cool and not agitated:smile: do u feel better now?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The term "Opposition" is inherited from the Westminster political system.

The term "Loyal Opposition" is often used to emphasise that although they oppose the government, they are loyal to country and King/Queen.

EXACTLY!
Will upz your points.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

okok...u r cool and not agitated:smile: do u feel better now?

I know a few of the forumer nicks here who use the word Alternative and especially those who use AP in its acronym and you're one of these nicks. In most likelihood, it's the same chap and I know where your political affiliation is. It's ingrained in your political philosophy and you will never change, cos you're just a hypocritical timid mouse who will run away from a fight when the fight matters most. Tell you this. It will NOT work. Never has, never will.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know a few of the forumer nicks here who use the word Alternative and especially those who use AP in its acronym and you're one of these nicks. In most likelihood, it's the same chap and I know where your political affiliation is. It's ingrained in your political philosophy and you will never change, cos you're just a hypocritical timid mouse who will run away from a fight when the fight matters most. Tell you this. It will NOT work. Never has, never will.

ok..u think u know best. no one else besides you know anything

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ok..u know best. no one else besides you know anything

Well, at least I predicted which GRCs can fall the last erection and they turn out TOTALLY right, but was screwed up by a clown who prefer to pander to sudden celebrity status and another muddle headed who refused to give one last salvo and henceforth lost another GRC, when that one was also so ready and ripe for picking. I said so then but i don't like to repeat myself. I totally don't waste time dancing around coconut trees, unlike people like you, who like to romanticize imaginary things.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, may be the SAF, desire that, or it could also possibly be that For Honour and Glory does not sound as "garang" or offensive as Who Dares, Wins.

it could as simple as pap want the commandos to imprint in their mind that pap is their boss, that why use for honour and glory.

who dares, win give a rebellious twang, machiam whoever dare can bring down pap.:biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it could as simple as pap want the commandos to imprint in their mind that pap is their boss, that why use for honour and glory.

who dares, win give a rebellious twang, machiam whoever dare can bring down pap.:biggrin:

I agree.
In or about 1977, the SAF introduced its own Ranger Course, and the Ranger tab has red lettering and border, whereas the US Ranger tab is golden.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

A typical awakening call to all sinkies that this country is heading in the wrong direction.

LKY has been arrogant all his life spouting threats such as he "carried a hatchet in his bag." Guess his hatchet is no longer sharp as more sinkies are willing and ready to hantam the papees.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A typical awakening call to all sinkies that this country is heading in the wrong direction.

LKY has been arrogant all his life spouting threats such as he "carried a hatchet in his bag." Guess his hatchet is no longer sharp as more sinkies are willing and ready to hantam the papees.

That's a good sign at least.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The arrogance of the pap leaders is the butt of jokes among foreign leaders

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That probably explained why he is coming out now. Anyway he must have carried the wrong boss. I know a number of slackers who had stagnated for years, being promoted to super scale officers after joining the correct grassroots.
Well somebody certainly don't like this post. So just bumping it up for the fun of it.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes TPA served under PR Gopal ( who just passed away in Perth btw ) when latter was OC CPC. But TPA plodded on and eventually got his 3 crabs after being sponsored for studies in NUS. He was disappointed I think that despite serving in the grassroots he was not "looked after" on mandatory retirement. Unlike a few others just like him.
We like to call pap lackey as "dogs". Personally I think it is an insult to dogs as they are well known to be loyal. However, lackey will turn around when they felt that they were not rewarded adequately or when they think that their former master is losing power. Still thinking what is the most appropriate animal to associate such porlumpar with.