• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Peng Ann: Why I joined opposition politics

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Former SAF Col Tan Peng Ann joins opposition party

I agree.
In or about 1977, the SAF introduced its own Ranger Course, and the Ranger tab has red lettering and border, whereas the US Ranger tab is golden.

SAF Ranger course tak parkay. Most SAF regulars when I was in the army prefer to wear rangers batches from other countries that they went on course for. Thai ranger tab was yellow and popular at that time.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Yes TPA served under PR Gopal ( who just passed away in Perth btw ) when latter was OC CPC. But TPA plodded on and eventually got his 3 crabs after being sponsored for studies in NUS. He was disappointed I think that despite serving in the grassroots he was not "looked after" on mandatory retirement. Unlike a few others just like him.

When so many retired former Colonels who were at the pinnacle of their professions in the SAF are moving and living overseas, that tells you something about the PAP. These were successful people and respected in their fields, yet some how feel that their last remaining years are better spend in canada or australia or where have you instead of in the country of their birth and in the country that they served for decades. Thank you PAP for the shit state of affairs.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When so many retired former Colonels who were at the pinnacle of their professions in the SAF are moving and living overseas, that tells you something about the PAP. These were successful people and respected in their fields, yet some how feel that their last remaining years are better spend in canada or australia or where have you instead of in the country of their birth and in the country that they served for decades. Thank you PAP for the shit state of affairs.

Those are wise words that the pap should reflect on

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When is the reunion for the first few batches of OCS?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

SAF Ranger course tak parkay. Most SAF regulars when I was in the army prefer to wear rangers batches from other countries that they went on course for. Thai ranger tab was yellow and popular at that time.

South Pacific u was not popular back then

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

they must thank the pap for promoting and paying them well in order to retire comfortably in an ang mo cuntry. high ranking saf occifers are trained and ingrained to appreciate vast tracts of terrain during battle procedure, and command and conquer expanse of land, which sg cannot offer. :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the old days, non-scholar SAF officers were not that well paid.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's why i say...lky has been arrogant all along, if he really got solid iron balls, he should have shot his mouth on this and not wait till now. it's SAF, it's filled with pap por lumpars, many years ago, when i was serving my reservist, i shot my mouth on lky and got tekaned very badly by my occifers, the insult, never will forget.:oIo:

bro, how did shot LKY with your mouth??.. can share ??
you probably belong to the pioneer 3;4 batches of NS, me think you talking cock

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the old days, non-scholar SAF officers were not that well paid.

for all the perks, benefits, privileges and allowances, they could easily save a ton of cash on their salaries without spending a cent on transport, food, clothing, entertainment, etc. especially when they're posted on overseas assignments as diplomats and or senior military attaches. all expenses paid for including per diem allowances.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for all the perks, benefits, privileges and allowances, they could easily save a ton of cash on their salaries without spending a cent on transport, food, clothing, entertainment, etc. especially when they're posted on overseas assignments as diplomats and or senior military attaches. all expenses paid for including per diem allowances.

I do not know about those matters, because I served the 2.5 years, and several reservist in camp training, an advanced course for officers, and left the country.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The Colonel sure is getting senile. PAP has been so good, and all because of a few minor complaints, he decided to bite the hand that fed him and his family all these decades!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not know about those matters, because I served the 2.5 years, and several reservist in camp training, an advanced course for officers, and left the country.

for a colonel, there was typically a driver, a car, housing if he was single and decided to live in-camp, food from the cookhouse, movies and videos at the occifers' mess, email and pc access, gd men doing his chores, young por lumpar occifers to run his errands, laundry in camp, uniform, boots, shoes, pt kit all provided for by the saf. and then there were cash allowances and per diem payments if he were to travel or get posted overseas. my old pal who was seconded to mfa and got a plump job in an embassy overseas didn't spend a single cent for himself and his spouse. all that translated to savings, and he was able to pay down on his landed property in sg plus a few more.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Colonel sure is getting senile. PAP has been so good, and all because of a few minor complaints, he decided to bite the hand that fed him and his family all these decades!!

should have promoted him to bg to shut him up. :p

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for a colonel, there was typically a driver, a car, housing if he was single and decided to live in-camp, food from the cookhouse, movies and videos at the occifers' mess, email and pc access, gd men doing his chores, young por lumpar occifers to run his errands, laundry in camp, uniform, boots, shoes, pt kit all provided for by the saf. and then there were cash allowances and per diem payments if he were to travel or get posted overseas. my old pal who was seconded to mfa and got a plump job in an embassy overseas didn't spend a single cent for himself and his spouse. all that translated to savings, and he was able to pay down on his landed property in sg plus a few more.

good for him, and it sounds like he was very fortunate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

good for him, and it sounds like he was very fortunate.

i had those options in my career path with potential stints overseas in embassies, but silicon valley was a more fun place to invent and produce stuff that was more tangible, useful and visible. and i'm still at it because it's fun and productive not because it's necessary to bring bacon to the table and pay the bills. i can retire years ago but i choose not to because it's fun to be on the cutting edge.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

should have promoted him to bg to shut him up. :p

These are the losers in life. When they seethat they receive no more goodies from the masters, they turn their backs on them and hop on the Opps' wagons; hoping to get some goodies and last ditch credit.

Where is the sense of gratitude for all the "goodies" he has received before ? Where would he be today if not for the opportunities given to him ?

Another loser ...

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i had those options in my career path with potential stints overseas in embassies, but silicon valley was a more fun place to invent and produce stuff that was more tangible, useful and visible. and i'm still at it because it's fun and productive not because it's necessary to bring bacon to the table and pay the bills. i can retire years ago but i choose not to because it's fun to be on the cutting edge.

Congratulations! and keep it up.
Wish you many happy, healthy, satisfying, comfortable, Blessed years.
бажаю вам багато здорових благословенні роки (please use "google translate")

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

better place? you are indeed dafty if you think people like Chee soon juan and low thia khiang can make Singapore a better place. :rolleyes:

politicians in SDP, WP, NSP and goh meng seng are the ones that are worth supporting for a cause, to change s'pore to be a better place.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

better place? you are indeed dafty if you think people like Chee soon juan and low thia khiang can make Singapore a better place. :rolleyes:

What do we have to lose? We have already been screwed up big time by 50 years of PAP rule. Any other option would be a welcome change. Besides, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. If the opposition is not given a chance at govt, how can we say they're not capable of changing S'pore for the better?

Do you want to wait another 50 years, assuming our country will still be around?