• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Loser Peter Lim has caught the China copycat bug : DC Comics to sue his pants off

DefJam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

DC Comics challenge Valencia over 'Batman' crest

319469_heroa.jpg

Nov 21, 2014 20:44:52

According to the American publisher, the Spanish side's latest logo is too similar to images they own related to 'The Caped Crusader'

DC Comics, the creators of the famous superhero 'Batman', are locked in a trademark battle with Valencia over the Liga club's new crest.

A bat has been a part of the Spanish side's badge since their foundation in 1919.

However, DC Comics believe that Valencia's latest logo infringes upon copyright laws related to two of their previously registered Batman-related symbols.

Consequently, the American publishing company lodged an official complaint with the European Union's trademark authorities.

Indeed, BBC Sport is reporting that DC Comics submitted an 11-page opposition document in May of last year.

Valencia's association with the bat reportedly dates back to the 13th century, when it was reclaimed by King James I of Aragon.

According to legend, when the monarch was about to re-enter the city, a bat landed on the top of his flag.

Viewing this as a good omen, King James allegedly decided to incorporate the image of a bat into his coat of arms.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun recall precious valencia logo as having a bat.
Changing club logo is a big deal.....not done on a whim and fancy.....wonder how the valencia fans reactions are

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun recall precious valencia logo as having a bat.
Changing club logo is a big deal.....not done on a whim and fancy.....wonder how the valencia fans reactions are

Valencia logo has always had a bat... it is a symbol of their city. It predates DC Comics by centuries. :rolleyes:

But Peter Lim is also a gong kia, modify logo also not tactical enough. But he's a wealthy man, surely he can afford any compensation. :p

juan-mata-valencia.jpg

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Valencia should combine forces with Bacardi and countersue to put the damn Americans in their place. Their logos predate that dumb cartoon superhero by more than a few decades.

As if the bat is an animal created by DC Comics.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Valencia should combine forces with Bacardi and countersue to put the damn Americans in their place. Their logos predate that dumb cartoon superhero by more than a few decades.

As if the bat is an animal created by DC Comics.

Please lah, if you infringe copyright, be honest and admit that you have infringed copyright. The new logo is a blatant rip-off. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He meant this :biggrin:

VR-MAN.jpg

20247979e4da2c2281e47b29ae38c8f67449f633.jpg

I have never watched a single VR man episode in my entire life & I am a Sporen. :eek:

So I disagree with the assertion that it "it is the most popular" Super hero ever created in Spore. That honor should go to the comic hero that created Spore from a fishing village to a modern city :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never watched a single VR man episode in my entire life & I am a Sporen. :eek:

So I disagree with the assertion that it "it is the most popular" Super hero ever created in Spore. That honor should go to the comic hero that created Spore from a fishing village to a modern city :biggrin:

That one also bat related.....
90 year old vampire

VPutin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well anyone can register an account to contribute and do editing but be responsible for it for their IP address and other info will be recorded. :wink:

DefJam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Half time score :

Levante 0

Valencia 0

Qualify for CL?

Los Che will have to do better and break the dead lock

:biggrin:

DefJam

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Valencia deny ongoing legal process over 'Batman' logo

gun__1246262930_ground_valencia.jpg

By Joe Wright
Nov 25, 2014 14:58:32

The club have stated the disputed design was due to be used in a casual clothing line but that they abandoned it when DC Comics raised a complaint back in 2012

Valencia insist there is currently no ongoing legal process with DC Comics over a logo dispute, though they admit they scrapped a clothing range following an earlier complaint.

It emerged last week that the American publishing company had complained the Valencia crest - which incorporates a bat - infringed on the copyright of one of their registered trademark Batman symbols.

Reports suggested DC Comics had filed an 11-page complaint over a proposed redesign of the Valencia badge, which has featured a bat since 1922.

Valencia, however, claim there is no current legal battle between the parties and that the bat design in question, which was originally to be used for a line of casual clothing merchandise, was scrapped following initial opposition in 2012.

A statement on the club's official website, valenciacf.com: "Valencia Club de Futbol wish to clarify the following:

"1. In 2012, Valencia CF applied to the Office of Harmonisation of the Internal Market (OAMI) for trademark registration of a new bat design, to be used for a line of casual clothing. During the registration process, DC Comics filed an objection to our trademark registration. There is no lawsuit, nor any claim by DC Comics against VCF.

"2. Without prejudice to the aforementioned matter, the new bat design is currently not used - and is not planned for future use - by the club.

"3. For purposes of clarification, a bat has been incorporated into the club's official crest since 1922. The official crest and the bat have been trademark registered worldwide and their use has not been subject to any legal challenge."

The city of Valencia's association with the bat reportedly dates back to the 13th century, when it was reclaimed by King James I of Aragon.

According to legend, when the monarch was about to re-enter the city, a bat landed on the top of his flag, prompting the animal to be incorporated into his coat of arms as a symbol of good fortune.