• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rainbow Fire: Quitting Addiction

batemen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All,

this is my first new thread under this moniker. i have been lurking around the forum for years and i have had a jolly good time. but sometimes the fun gets so fun i don't know when to stop.

so, with the permission of all, i would like to start a new thread and hang around for a bit more.

please feel free to contribute to this thread and have no fear, i am not trying to BAIT you. speak with honesty and respect, and love will find you.

So....

As the thread title says, i would like to discuss the topic of quitting addiction. any type of addiction. be it sniffing glue, playing 4D, too much wanking, etc etc etc

*fingers crossed*

if you know me, good. if you don't know me, even better. if you want to guess who i am... you're probably an addict too. :*:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What's the secret to your success? Cold turkey makes me a HUGE grouch potato

A bit of forward planning I guess :wink::wink::wink:
Surrounding myself with non-smokers helped a lot, my first puff stretched way back from 84, a heavy chain smoker by mid-90s :wink::wink::wink:

batemen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surrounding myself with non-smokers helped a lot, my first puff stretched way back from 84, a heavy chain smoker by mid-90s :wink::wink::wink:

I tried changing "addiction" to forget about the original one. I keep hopping from one to the next in order to prevent myself from getting addicted to any of the "hops"

jw5

Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. Peer pressure is very important. :wink:

2. Hmmmmm, first puff in 84, how old were you then? :p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Couple Of Points:
1. Peer pressure is very important. :wink:
2. Hmmmmm, first puff in 84, how old were you then? :p

Couple of points:
- A resolve to stop smoking equally important.
- old enough to articulate my thoughts and comprehend the complexity between a conscious choice versus peer pressure :wink::wink::wink:

batemen

Alfrescian
Loyal
My resolve to quit surfing is very weak. :biggrin:

Good morning, its a brand new day again. Music pls:

[video=youtube;_169i3YLt18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_169i3YLt18[/video]

batemen

Alfrescian
Loyal
good morning. i received a song request today, thanks. but i don't take requests, so i'll choose the song instead :kma:

[video=youtube;2bwsHdk6YhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bwsHdk6YhQ[/video]

good bye Diane :p

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years back, I quit drinking Tiger beer with much self-control. I subsequently drink drinking Heineken instead.:o