• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee pretentiously 'celebrates' with us local university rejects in Australia

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
TO HELL WITH SG50

I am a Singaporean studying in the University of Queensland in Australia and I can’t help feeling betrayed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's recent visit to us Singaporean students here after his G20 Summit.

PM Lee came here and spoke about how we should be celebrating SG50 next year even though we are overseas and he highlighted how successful Singapore has been over the past 50 years and how it has become “prosperous” and “respected”.

While I understand that he wants to celebrate, I think he doesn’t actually understand why many of us are forced to go overseas to study.

University of Queensland is quite a reputable university, perhaps not exactly on par with NUS but it is still ranked top 50 in the world. If I am able to secure a university spot in UQ and many other Australian university, why am I unable to get into NUS or NTU? (FYI, I got A B E for my GCE "A" levels and not a single course in NUS/NTU accepted me)

For me and many others here that I have talked to, it is because we have been rejected by local universities in Singapore.

Despite the Singapore society putting a huge emphasis on the need for a degree and the obvious pay gaps between degree holders and non-degree holders, they have not made an effort to ensure that there are enough university places in Singapore for students who actually want to study.

When I was entering university, Singapore only had about 26% of students entering locally funded universities. Now, I think the government has tried to expand this to 30% or 40% but it is still well short of the 50%+ seen in other countries like Finland and Denmark. Worse still Singapore university places are currently filled with an obscene number of foreigners: "45% of university students are not Singaporeans?"

Full article at PM Lee pretentiously 'celebrates' with us local university rejects in Australia

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best way to show displeasure is to be absent while he's in town. Whether you're in London or Australia or anywhere else.
If you can resist the free gifts and free buffet, you'll do fine.

It's half a century since getting kicked out of Malaysia, so expect an escalation of the wayang antics. "Connecting with the sons and daughters of Singapore who are abroad"... yeah, how about no?

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
be absent when he's in town? Not like it would change any damn thing. Unless a whole cohort of Singaporeans band together and leave town when they hear LHL is visiting. And make it known through social media.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not an old fart like you.

He is not just an old fart. He is an internet warrior who KPKB behind his PC. When he sees his political masters in matland, he shit in his pants and quickly take refuge in Singapore.

This chump is a loser.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
same here. Rejected by local University. Has to struggle overseas.

TO HELL WITH SG50

I am a Singaporean studying in the University of Queensland in Australia and I can’t help feeling betrayed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's recent visit to us Singaporean students here after his G20 Summit.

PM Lee came here and spoke about how we should be celebrating SG50 next year even though we are overseas and he highlighted how successful Singapore has been over the past 50 years and how it has become “prosperous” and “respected”.

While I understand that he wants to celebrate, I think he doesn’t actually understand why many of us are forced to go overseas to study.

University of Queensland is quite a reputable university, perhaps not exactly on par with NUS but it is still ranked top 50 in the world. If I am able to secure a university spot in UQ and many other Australian university, why am I unable to get into NUS or NTU? (FYI, I got A B E for my GCE "A" levels and not a single course in NUS/NTU accepted me)

For me and many others here that I have talked to, it is because we have been rejected by local universities in Singapore.

Despite the Singapore society putting a huge emphasis on the need for a degree and the obvious pay gaps between degree holders and non-degree holders, they have not made an effort to ensure that there are enough university places in Singapore for students who actually want to study.

When I was entering university, Singapore only had about 26% of students entering locally funded universities. Now, I think the government has tried to expand this to 30% or 40% but it is still well short of the 50%+ seen in other countries like Finland and Denmark. Worse still Singapore university places are currently filled with an obscene number of foreigners: "45% of university students are not Singaporeans?"

Full article at PM Lee pretentiously 'celebrates' with us local university rejects in Australia

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be. I see so many happy faces eager to take selfies with the Prince. Is he late for the buffett? So many invited, of course if your lunch taken you can't blame the PAP. You just have to smile and eat what is left.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Haha

The writer will have a bigger shock when he/she enters the sinkie workforce

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha

The writer will have a bigger shock when he/she enters the sinkie workforce

Most Sinkies, once they have a taste of Aussie freedom and lifestyle, don't return to Singapore.

No OT, obtaining a driver's license is so much easier etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best way to show displeasure is to be absent while he's in town. Whether you're in London or Australia or anywhere else.
If you can resist the free gifts and free buffet, you'll do fine.

It's half a century since getting kicked out of Malaysia, so expect an escalation of the wayang antics. "Connecting with the sons and daughters of Singapore who are abroad"... yeah, how about no?

I remember when LKY visited Australia the Sporeans there greeted him by wearing hoods.

Can't remember the occassion but I don't think it was halloween :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
instead of complaining here you should have told him to fuck off,and take off ur shoe and threw it at him like george bush.

make sure u have ur australian pr approved first.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of complaining here you should have told him to fuck off,and take off ur shoe and threw it at him like george bush.

make sure u have ur australian pr approved first.

An overseas SINKIE with Australian PR alone does not safeguard RED PASSPORT HOLDERS from the vindictiveness of LHL and his PAP govt. Just go and be a free loader and enjoy the free food. Just work hard to get your Aussie degree, AUSSIE citizenship, a job, house, car and start a family. Forget about the DAFT SINKIES in SINKIELAND who truly deserve the PAP.

It is POINTLESS to protest, insult or have a showdown against LHL; the majority of SINKIES in LALA land is not going to back protesters up but leave them out to dry when these naive 'heroes' get hung out to dry.

The example of Roy Ngerng and Han Hui Hui being fixed up by the PAP machinery is proof enough.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies gotta take risks sometimes,pls dont be balless even when ur overseas.the future is yours to make not for LHL to decide.do it not for the sake of urself but for the sake of sinkie generations and the generations after.

Take off ur shoe throw it and shout merdeka singapura!!!!death to son of a mongrel!!!

An overseas SINKIE with Australian PR alone does not safeguard RED PASSPORT HOLDERS from the vindictiveness of LHL and his PAP govt. Just go and be a free loader and enjoy the free food. Just work hard to get your Aussie degree, AUSSIE citizenship, a job, house, car and start a family. Forget about the DAFT SINKIES in SINKIELAND who truly deserve the PAP.

It is POINTLESS to protest, insult or have a showdown against LHL; the majority of SINKIES in LALA land is not going to back protesters up but leave them out to dry when these naive 'heroes' get hung out to dry.

The example of Roy Ngerng and Han Hui Hui being fixed up by the PAP machinery is proof enough.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is not just an old fart. He is an internet warrior who KPKB behind his PC. When he sees his political masters in matland, he shit in his pants and quickly take refuge in Singapore.

This chump is a loser.

Did you check if your mother's Chee buy is sorted by your PAP master thrusting?