• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor govt to seize Malay land from non-Malays

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or they have a vision that see 20 years later and saw that if sg do not join forces with Johor, sg and johor will become another forgotten region in the world?

We must continuously evolve our economy to compete with the rest of the world, with the aim of bringing better quality of life to the people of Johor and sg. And we can succeed only if we join forces with johor, to compete with Vietnam, Thailand and Macau hong kong Shenzhen triangle.

China has been trying to dig a canal across Thailand for many years, imagine what will happen if they succeed? We will be bypassed by majority of the world shipping. Better think of a diversified economy and not caught with pants down if it happens.

Not just trying but had begun preparations already.

http://chinadailymail.com/2014/03/1...acca-strait-by-kra-isthmus-canal-in-thailand/

“China’s huge state-owned LiuGong Machinery Co. Ltd and XCMG, and private Sany Heavy Industry Co Ltd have taken the lead to set up a preparations group for the construction of Kra Isthmus Canal.”

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, if sg and johor still hold the short sightedness of 'you win means I lose' mentality, we can only sit back and watch the world pass by us in the coming years. And most of us in this forum will get to see it. By then you will not be complaining about expensive condos in sg, you will be complaining about where are all the jobs and how come no foreigners.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, if sg and johor still hold the short sightedness of 'you win means I lose' mentality, we can only sit back and watch the world pass by us in the coming years. And most of us in this forum will get to see it. By then you will not be complaining about expensive condos in sg, you will be complaining about where are all the jobs and how come no foreigners.

The world is not going to crash with less shipping traffic. Sg is a well established feeder port for transhipments. The Thai canal would just cut the sailing time by 3 days. It does not have any other added value. In addition Sg is a financial center, regional air hub and center for bio medical. It's diversified service industry will survive.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
MALACCA: Malacca will reclaim land issued to individuals by the Portu*guese, Dutch, British and Japanese administrators.

The Chief Minister’s office will soon move to revoke these land titles, some on which heritage buildings are sitting on, and to change them to Malay Customary Land (MCL), as allowed under the Malacca Lands Customary Rights Ordinance of the Straits Settlements that was drawn up during the British administration (from 1826 until 1957).

The exercise could see dozens of heritage structures in the iconic Jonker Street and tracts of land in Tengkera and Klebang taken back as the state is arguing that the actual owners could not be traced, or that the existing owners or tenants could not provide sufficient proof these properties were owned by their ancestors. The Portuguese had bestowed land titles on individuals who were considered loyalists, mostly in the Banda Hilir area.

When the Dutch ruled Malacca from 1641 to 1825, Jonker Street was the main trading hub, and it was said that hundreds more land titles were issued during that period.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...-be-at-risk-unless-owners-can-prove-properti/

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
haha... don worry la. this MRL issue i think will hardly affect most of the residential buyer. i am more worried about "bumi release lot" esp landed. don't know if in future the state can do any about-turn or not!

Errr.... i think the Menteri Bodoh's statement is precisely targetting these bumi released lots

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually MRL & bumi released lots are far from the same thing... I thought you have these in KL too?

i think what elrond is saying is that it's MB's hint that they may start instructing land office to disallow bumi release lots to be anyhow resold to non bumi. are you posting from liverpool???

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If developers r forced to sell bumi lots at loss, then non bumi lots will have to be more expensive to compensate for e loss.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wouldn't risk buying bumi released lot. The 15% to 20% lower price is not worth the risk.
I take it that MRL includes bumi lots no?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think what elrond is saying is that it's MB's hint that they may start instructing land office to disallow bumi release lots to be anyhow resold to non bumi. are you posting from liverpool???
Was in London then before going to liverpool on fri.. n back in SG today.. MRL n bumi release are quite different things, but i do accept that its best to avoid bumi release, n one dun get a discount anyway as a non bumi...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't risk buying bumi released lot. The 15% to 20% lower price is not worth the risk.
I take it that MRL includes bumi lots no?

no, MRL is MRL , bumi lot is bumi lot, not same. bumi lot can be resold to non bumi provided certain conditions, normally if the area is a chinese enclave (kepong baru in KL for eg) then possibly easier to change hand to non bumi. if the area is a malay enclave, good luck. MRL is no way jose can be transferred to non bumi at all. yes, your right. it's not the worth the risk to me at all. but many are doing it. for MRL absolutely cannot be touched at all. malay is someone who speaks malay and is descended from malay "stock". whereas bumi means 'son of the earth' and those indigenous peoples (in sabah / sarawak - ie iban kadazan dayaks ie orang asli) are also considered bumi. there is also orang asli reserved land which is normally kept for them or replaced if they are resettled by federal govt. anyway here is more info

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/243283

happy reading

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in London then before going to liverpool on fri.. n back in SG today.. MRL n bumi release are quite different things, but i do accept that its best to avoid bumi release, n one dun get a discount anyway as a non bumi...

seems like your presence at anfield worked wonders for the boys :biggrin:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, MRL is MRL , bumi lot is bumi lot, not same. bumi lot can be resold to non bumi provided certain conditions, normally if the area is a chinese enclave (kepong baru in KL for eg) then possibly easier to change hand to non bumi. if the area is a malay enclave, good luck. MRL is no way jose can be transferred to non bumi at all. yes, your right. it's not the worth the risk to me at all. but many are doing it. for MRL absolutely cannot be touched at all. malay is someone who speaks malay and is descended from malay "stock". whereas bumi means 'son of the earth' and those indigenous peoples (in sabah / sarawak - ie iban kadazan dayaks ie orang asli) are also considered bumi. there is also orang asli reserved land which is normally kept for them or replaced if they are resettled by federal govt. anyway here is more info

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/243283

happy reading

What happens if you are a Semi-Bumi? :biggrin: :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ibans from Sarawak can get the Bumiputra status letter easily. Many Sabahans chinese with native ancestor can also get the Bumi status.

yes, but recently i believe some iban girl got rejected by a uni placement office because she doesn't qualify as bumi. anyway, that's life in Malaysia.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Came across this iProperty advertisement http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/3369598/adda-height-semi-detached-house-forsale. While not exactly a steal, the asking price seems attractive enough to warrant a second look. The "look" stopped and went no further when glancing at the land tenure:(

The more interesting part to me is the location of the Malay Reserved Land. Have to be extra careful when buying properties near these reserved plots. The case in the news was even the lawyers could not uncover the actual status of the land.