• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is your net worth per household ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes inclusive of property and everything and divided by the number of household or dependent.
e.g. if you have a wife with her own net worth, add her net worth and divide by 2. If have 2 non working child, divide by 4 etc

If gauge with property I think you may be in trouble because from what I heard most sinkies living in Singapore are millionaireswith property. For me I don't live in Singapore that's why I'm a lousy quitter.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If gauge with property I think you may be in trouble because from what I heard most sinkies living in Singapore are millionaireswith property. For me I don't live in Singapore that's why I'm a lousy quitter.

correction.

Sinkie are millionaires OWNING A RENTAL PROPERTY which they are merely TENANTS! LoL

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eleventh Commandment is
Thou shall not be kaypoh

[video=youtube;ELKNyDdNCbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKNyDdNCbY[/video]

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going by your assumption, I am sure you are well above average.

As in typical Singaporean household, there is hubby/wife, 2 to 4 children, aged parents (eg, husband side only), all staying in 5 roomflat.
Assuming only 2 kids, staying in tampines and has a car.

Will goes like this.

Savings 100k, Insurance 100k, CPF, 100k (After paying off loan)
Property HDB 600k
Car : Depreciating, no value.

Total 900k/6
150k, with 2 kids, if with 4 kids 112.5k

Do you feel better now?.

Oh yeah...song now !

jw5

Loyal
That would be ok for estimating your net assets. But strictly speaking, the term "net worth" usually excludes property for accommodation.

My thought was for staying-in property I should get estimated value minus the outstanding loan. Anytime if I wish to downgrade or move out of sinkieland it is still an amount.

If exclude staying-in property then mine will be greatly reduced alamak , must work harder liao.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. ts is like asking my kkj is 4 inch, how long is yours? rather than asking himself if he and his partner enjoyed the sex.

Have to compare in real life, especially sinkieland. Comparison is 1 way to improve oneself.
Also the day we were born, comparison already started. In school we study to get lumbar 1 in class, our results were compared to gain entry to elite schools. At work employer compared resumes.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ts is a true sinkie. Sinkies all have this bad habit. Like to compare this compare that, compare salary compare car compare wife compare kids psle results and you wonder why they are unhappy and making people around them unhappy. I suppose sinkies can only truly be happy when they are the envy of others.

That is why i stay away from sinkies.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
correction.

Sinkie are millionaires OWNING A RENTAL PROPERTY which they are merely TENANTS! LoL

only in sg can a public housing lessee make so much in equity on his rental unit, and if he or she wishes to cash out and move to los or jb, the windfall is sizable. not bad for being a lessee-tenant. sinkies must thank their lucky stars for having the pap in charge. :biggrin:

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes inclusive of property and everything and divided by the number of household or dependent.
e.g. if you have a wife with her own net worth, add her net worth and divide by 2. If have 2 non working child, divide by 4 etc

Equity = Assets - Liabilities

You should take the market value of your total assets minus of all forms of debt you have - mortgage, car, credit card, etc. That would give you your net worth. Your house is also counted as an asset even if it is not for investment.

However, your CPF balance should NOT be counted as an asset. This is because you won't have guaranteed access to your CPF.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
That would be ok for estimating your net assets. But strictly speaking, the term "net worth" usually excludes property for accommodation.

That is not logical. A company include ALL its property, plant and equipment under its asset column regardless of what they are used for - even if used as a temporary storage shelter. Your house which provides you shelter should also be under your asset column because by giving your shelter, it enables you to function as a going concern.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is not logical. A company include ALL its property, plant and equipment under its asset column regardless of what they are used for - even if used as a temporary storage shelter. Your house which provides you shelter should also be under your asset column because by giving your shelter, it enables you to function as a going concern.

don't know about accounting rules in sg, but in u.s. you're correct. the house one lives in is considered part of assets and thus your net worth. and a multi-home owner can easily change residency from one to another. a person can anytime sell his house and turn that into cash. it's a form of liquidity. everything can be insured or sold if there's an underwriter or buyer respectively willing to do it, including virginity, voldemort poster, or one's voice box.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't know about accounting rules in sg, but in u.s. you're correct. the house one lives in is considered part of assets and thus your net worth. and a multi-home owner can easily change residency from one to another. a person can anytime sell his house and turn that into cash. it's a form of liquidity. everything can be insured or sold if there's an underwriter or buyer respectively willing to do it, including virginity, voldemort poster, or one's voice box.

i thought primary residence cannot be counted since everybody needs at least one home to sleep in.and in singapore after u account for the primary residence,most sinkies are left penniless and destitute and requiring a job hustling trays at the hawker center for sustenance.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought primary residence cannot be counted since everybody needs at least one home to sleep in.and in singapore after u account for the primary residence,most sinkies are left penniless and destitute and requiring a job hustling trays at the hawker center for sustenance.

i don't know about sg accounting rules, but in u.s. your residence in a property you own is counted.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can prepaid leases for HDB flats be counted as assets? Simply an accounting entry for a future benefit being paid for today. Can country club memberships be counted towards net worth?

On the other hand, land and property are more commonly owned by residents, so it makes sense they are accounted for under net worth.

More proof that sinkies are screwed without them realizing.