• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good and Cheap Chicken Rice - Tian Shui Chicken Rice at Tanglin Halt

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh...their chicken seems to be those BIG chicken... not the small small type at most places... so half a chicken can easily feed 3 persons!

bro, how does the rice taste.. salty, oily ??
from the prices you mentioned.. guess a 1 person set meal is about 4 - 4.5?
CR also one of my favourites, but these days very few good stalls around

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tianshui.jpg

Forget about overpriced Boon Tong Kee or Loy Kee or the shit they serve at Mandarin Hotel..

Colleague brought me to lunch at Tanglin Halt Market...

The chicken super tender, chili is power! Cheap too!!!

Fuck :oIo: and it will all be gone because PAP is going to demolish all these old blocks and food centre at Tanglin Halt!!!!

I am sure that prices will go up once they kena relocated !!!

lianbeng replies: Why must I travel all the way to Tanglin Halt for frozen chicken when I can just walk across to my MRT station for Ananas Cafe Chicken Rice for only $2/- leh? :biggrin:

Alfrescian
Loyal
since we are on the topic......

to the PG bros here.......I remember going to the old food centre at the old Tourist Promo Board building at what is now the Traders hotel for Chicken Rice when I was a wee little boy....can anyone tell me what that stall was and are they still around?

thanks uncles........

Mirage

Alfrescian
Loyal
since we are on the topic......

to the PG bros here.......I remember going to the old food centre at the old Tourist Promo Board building at what is now the Traders hotel for Chicken Rice when I was a wee little boy....can anyone tell me what that stall was and are they still around?

thanks uncles........

sorry never knew or heard of it. :p

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once upon a time in australia,a ang moh kid about 17 years old once said to me when we were talking about culture and literature and arts....."what culture does Singapore have?Chicken rice?"we giggled and started hooting and rolling on the floor laughing.
was it the "chicken" and not the rice that gave rise to the guffaws:confused:
anyway, don't forget the ykk zippers.....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
bro, how does the rice taste.. salty, oily ??
from the prices you mentioned.. guess a 1 person set meal is about 4 - 4.5?
CR also one of my favourites, but these days very few good stalls around
The meat is super juicy with a slightly thicker light gravy...unique...different from most chicken rice stalls.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
the chicken is still very juicy...:biggrin:

Just tried it, nothing to shout about. You like juicy steamed chicken go Kallang Airport there, 文华园鸡饭 :wink::wink::wink:
The rice is tad too oily at Kallang Airport thou' :o:o:o

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Just tried it, nothing to shout about. You like juicy steamed chicken go Kallang Airport there, 文华园鸡饭 :wink::wink::wink:

shows that one man's meat is another man's poison.....whahahahaha :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This one so so run of the mill only.
The HC got about 4 stalls....this one might be king there but overall above average only.
Chilli cmi rice nothing special.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chickens are never born equal...some black, some white, some big, some small...:biggrin:

nah, most baby chicks are born quite equal, usually yellow in color.

they are sooooooo cute until they grow up and get infected with the (PAP) virus.... :biggrin:

chicks.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies: Why must I travel all the way to Tanglin Halt for frozen chicken when I can just walk across to my MRT station for Ananas Cafe Chicken Rice for only $2/- leh? :biggrin:

If you think the shit they sell in ananas is chicken rice then your taste buds must be spoilt.
I wouldn't touch that shit even if I'm starving and someone offered me money to eat it

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was it the "chicken" and not the rice that gave rise to the guffaws:confused:
anyway, don't forget the ykk zippers.....

im pretty sure its the poultry kind that lee hsien loong usually orders without the hum and not the suky suky me love you long time 5 dorrar.