• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good and Cheap Chicken Rice - Tian Shui Chicken Rice at Tanglin Halt

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CHEE HONG FROG... this one ah?

ok i go try this week!

show_resize_image.php
Bro this stall is it used to be above posb bank?
Margaret drive? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro this stall is it used to be above posb bank?
Margaret drive? :biggrin:

Above posb bank?
The bank was on the 2nd storey as is the chicken rice stall right?
There's also another chicken rice stall at the first storey.....ck tang and family used to have Sunday lunch at this stall after church service at the nearby former cinema

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
nabei frog.... u disappear hor... must be at chee hong massage shop again! :oIo::biggrin:

Busy la, training my dog new tricks to attract chiobus

CHEE HONG FROG... this one ah?

ok i go try this week!

show_resize_image.php

Yes. This is my fav chicken rice in Singapore. Sin Kee's rice is liap-liap and very fragrant unlike Tian Shui's rice is too soft and not so pang. This Tian Shui chicken is not bad but the sauce spoils it as its a little on the thick and sticky side which in my opinion spoils the natural smooth texture of the chicken. My preference for sauce over the chicken is a simple light diluted soya sauce and oil, simple yet preserved the natural taste and texture of the perfect chicken, this you can find in Sin Kee.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Busy la, training my dog new tricks to attract chiobus

Yes. This is my fav chicken rice in Singapore. Sin Kee's rice is liap-liap and very fragrant unlike Tian Shui's rice is too soft and not so pang. This Tian Shui chicken is not bad but the sauce spoils it as its a little on the thick and sticky side which in my opinion spoils the natural smooth texture of the chicken. My preference for sauce over the chicken is a simple light diluted soya sauce and oil, simple yet preserved the natural taste and texture of the perfect chicken, this you can find in Sin Kee.

Sinkie jiak sin kee :biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ever since Sin Kee moved to Mei Chin, the queue is even longer compared to Margaret Dr days!
the sin kee in mei chin apparently belongs to steven's estranged uncle and has been there even when the m-drive outlet was there, same name but different. bob sim should be able to fill you in on the details as it's his favourite hunting ground for hawker aunties, unless he's too busy filching from temple donation boxes..:p.

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal
?

there is a corner stall at north bridge rd food ctr.
cheap and veLy delicious, $2.
The rice is fragrant.
cooked with pandan leaves.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once upon a time in australia,a ang moh kid about 17 years old once said to me when we were talking about culture and literature and arts....."what culture does Singapore have?Chicken rice?"we giggled and started hooting and rolling on the floor laughing.