• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is Kopi ow so expensive in Singapore?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Go Oz n NZ and compare the price there.
2. Imagine the numbers of cups of coffee need to be sold
each day to breakeven(rent/wage)...?

On the otherhand, its greedy. profiteering culture here in Sg.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How cum until now Luksaboy still not come out to fuck Toastbox

Verbal fucking is pointless. Boycott is more effective. Voting is not restricted to just once every five years. You can vote with your wallet and your feet every day.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Go Oz n NZ and compare the price there.
2. Imagine the numbers of cups of coffee need to be sold
each day to breakeven(rent/wage)...?

On the otherhand, its greedy. profiteering culture here in Sg.

It's the insane rent-seeking culture here. Who are the landlords?

There are also Starbucks, Hard Rock Cafe and Gong Tea outlets in Malaysia, some of them in highly touristy areas. But the prices there are still less obscene than those in Singapore.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Verbal fucking is pointless. Boycott is more effective. Voting is not restricted to just once every five years. You can vote with your wallet and your feet every day.

Problem is sometimes they corner the shops everywhere and a peasant really have no choice....would u walk 100m to buy a simple kopi o... so they have really abused the monopoly power and of cos chenghu bochap lor...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
It's the insane rent-seeking culture here. Who are the landlords?

There are also Starbucks, Hard Rock Cafe and Gong Tea outlets in Malaysia, some of them in highly touristy areas. But the prices there are still less obscene than those in Singapore.
You and I know who owns these malls... and how sinkies get ripped off for a simple kopi o to electronic goods....

CloneHunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tekka Market Kopi O costs only 70cents.
Shows you how Rent plays a big part in determining prices rather than Wages which PAP is harping on.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I grew up accustomed to kopi at the coffee shops and sarabat stalls and don't fancy the "designer" expensive types. But it seems like it is becoming fashionable to be seen at places like Starbucks where the prices are unimaginable for a cup of java. I heard also of super expensive brews like Kopi Luwak and just cannot fathom how people could pay so much for coffee! I don't see it now, but as a kid, my Ah Kong would dip Yu Char Kwey into kopi-O and I'd follow likewise, that was how I enjoyed coffee, and cost wasn't a concern.

Cheers!

Yup, yu chia kuey in kopi-o is best! Been doing so since the 70s. Bo beh xau.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i oso like...hehehe :biggrin:

but problem is now most you char kuey quality sucks...

hougang street 61, block 682 kopitiam. you tiao very good, everyday long Q. best time to go at 6.30-7am, no need to Q.:biggrin:

the kopitiam was the one recently publish on newspapers that was sold for $24m. that the only stall I patronize in that coffeeshop, the rest of the stall CMI.

buy a couple and walk across the road to order Cantonese meatball porridge at the coffeeshop opposite blk 682. eat you tiao together with porridge lagi good.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The cup for the kopi O at the coffeetiam has been decreasing in size over the years. Even if they sell a cup for 80 cents, I need 3 of them to get me going. Sometimes, its better to just go to Starbucks and buy a grande drip coffee and pay that price than having to go for 3 of the small cups.

jw5

Loyal
I am more interested in the issue of short skirts and sparkling spaghetti straps at the presentation. :wink:

I usually have my Kopi O in a local kopishops or hawker centres.

The price ranges from as cheap as 70cents to max $1.

Just now... after an hour presentation from 8 to 9am at my client's office, went to buy a Toastbox...what the fuck $1.80!

I am wondering if Singapore wages have doubled??? :*:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The cup for the kopi O at the coffeetiam has been decreasing in size over the years. Even if they sell a cup for 80 cents, I need 3 of them to get me going. Sometimes, its better to just go to Starbucks and buy a grande drip coffee and pay that price than having to go for 3 of the small cups.

Then u shd drink tea...tea has more caffine than kopi

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
hougang street 61, block 682 kopitiam. you tiao very good, everyday long Q. best time to go at 6.30-7am, no need to Q.:biggrin:

the kopitiam was the one recently publish on newspapers that was sold for $24m. that the only stall I patronize in that coffeeshop, the rest of the stall CMI.

buy a couple and walk across the road to order Cantonese meatball porridge at the coffeeshop opposite blk 682. eat you tiao together with porridge lagi good.

Thanks bro....will try it....:biggrin:

SunHo

Alfrescian
Loyal
kopi_luwak.jpg

These kopi beans best...shit from Civet Cat!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tekka Market Kopi O costs only 70cents.
Shows you how Rent plays a big part in determining prices rather than Wages which PAP is harping on.

Maxwell market too. BTW anyone tried mycafe Mao shan king 3in1 coffee. Best coffee. Die die must buy.