• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is Kopi ow so expensive in Singapore?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Kopi-O.jpg

I usually have my Kopi O in a local kopishops or hawker centres.

The price ranges from as cheap as 70cents to max $1.

Just now... after an hour presentation from 8 to 9am at my client's office, went to buy a Toastbox...what the fuck $1.80!

I am wondering if Singapore wages have doubled??? :*:

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Nabeizzz...given that they hire all foreign workers, the prices should be cheaper right? Now it becomes more expensive!

PAP always preaches have more foreign workers to keep costs down and cheaper food for everyone...

Instead it becomes reverse, have more foreign workers and we end up paying more! WTF :oIo:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many residents patronize Starbucks and do not seem to mind paying 4 or 5 bucks for a cup of crap. Singaporeans are loaded. I drink coffee at home.

Cheers!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Many residents patronize Starbucks and do not seem to mind paying 4 or 5 bucks for a cup of crap. Singaporeans are loaded. I drink coffee at home.

Cheers!

I hate Starfucks and all those fanciful angmo kopi...taste like kopisai...

I prefer local kopi....

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nespresso is a good option. The capsule is about 96cent each.
In long term, it is better to drink nespresso!!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I grew up accustomed to kopi at the coffee shops and sarabat stalls and don't fancy the "designer" expensive types. But it seems like it is becoming fashionable to be seen at places like Starbucks where the prices are unimaginable for a cup of java. I heard also of super expensive brews like Kopi Luwak and just cannot fathom how people could pay so much for coffee! I don't see it now, but as a kid, my Ah Kong would dip Yu Char Kwey into kopi-O and I'd follow likewise, that was how I enjoyed coffee, and cost wasn't a concern.

Cheers!

I hate Starfucks and all those fanciful angmo kopi...taste like kopisai...

I prefer local kopi....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I grew up accustomed to kopi at the coffee shops and sarabat stalls and don't fancy the "designer" expensive types. But it seems like it is becoming fashionable to be seen at places like Starbucks where the prices are unimaginable for a cup of java. I heard also of super expensive brews like Kopi Luwak and just cannot fathom how people could pay so much for coffee! I don't see it now, but as a kid, my Ah Kong would dip Yu Char Kwey into kopi-O and I'd follow likewise, that was how I enjoyed coffee, and cost wasn't a concern.

Cheers!

i remember when i was young kid in the 70s...my father will take me to Bukit Timah Turf Club around dawn time to watch the horses train... and there is a huge canteen there where u can have nice kopi breakfast with eggs and toast..

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Nespresso is a good option. The capsule is about 96cent each.
In long term, it is better to drink nespresso!!!!

I had my first Nespresso machine in 1996 and I still have it. :biggrin:
But I guess I have grown out of it...
It is still working after almost 18 years...:biggrin:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kopi-O.jpg

I usually have my Kopi O in a local kopishops or hawker centres.

The price ranges from as cheap as 70cents to max $1.

Just now... after an hour presentation from 8 to 9am at my client's office, went to buy a Toastbox...what the fuck $1.80!

Why is eggs so expensive too?
CASE sleeping on the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
so early? I think you bought it from overseas, cool

Yep.....18 years ago...Nestle launched Nespresso via Ck Tang store. I was one of the first few to buy it. Then...u have to order your capsules from Trademart...a warehouse sort office at River Valley area...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

Ah that is how Starbucks got its name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabeizzz...given that they hire all foreign workers, the prices should be cheaper right? Now it becomes more expensive!

PAP always preaches have more foreign workers to keep costs down and cheaper food for everyone...

Instead it becomes reverse, have more foreign workers and we end up paying more! WTF :oIo:

FT workers stay in dorm with aircond, squash n tennis courts & weekends movies.............. datz Y

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
FT workers stay in dorm with aircond, squash n tennis courts & weekends movies.............. datz Y

Funny rite...local sell kopi at kopitiam ... kopi prices raise reaaonably.... when companies engage FT...prices raised like no tomolo......

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
How cum until now Luksaboy still not come out to fuck Toastbox

He loves to fuck Toast box...i had to agree with him...this fucking company has been engaged in unfair hiring practises and have been profiteering at the expense of peasants...