• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lee - ALL TCs run on deficits. Tg Pagar gets $87 per elector; HATC $43

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 100% of accumulated surplus transferred to sinking fund when PAP lost to WP?

We better check if, there is a clause or clauses anywhere, if PAP losses the election in Singapore......or they have been thrown out of power...all our sovereign funds ( that include CPF) will be immediately transfer to a fund overseas operated by signatories of people currently in power. If this can happen to Town Council monies...then this is not a far fetch thought...

WAKE STINKERPOREANS VOTERS...better check all the clauses....:p

dont you think it is too late to check? GIC n temasek are limited company not subjected to Audit check unlike stat boards.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Surplus Good and Deficit Bad? SC&C arrears high = Bad?

Unfortunately not all voters are that politically savvy . In fact most voters aren't and they are the intended audience of pap propaganda.

Problem here is why is WP keeping quiet and not countering the allegations back? I tend to believe WP is waiting for the right timing to strike back, maybe during election.
I had the same question in my mind. Then a little pig told me. Keeping quiet is a cleverer move.

We can quite safely said that 30% will vote pap no matter how wp managed to prove their case, it will not affect their support for pap.

The other 30% are for opp no matter what pap says about wp, they just wanted to vote out pap.

It is the remaining 30% that can swing the results. Say if half of them (15%) are not interested in politics, they would not be bothered with what is happening now. The other half, assuming that they are politically savvy, the internet will give them the answer.

Hence, by keeping quiet, wp did not lose any support. Instead, with all the supporters answering on their behalf, it has caused great damage to the image of pap (even to those neutral) in that,

1. Whatever that they say about opp in future will be perceived as another plan to fix them - losing their credibility. They have lost the trust?
2. Their mp lack integrity as they are willing to tell half truths to achieve the part's objective.

On the other hand, wp establishes its image as being bullied but is strong to take the abuses with dignity and calmness, instead of barking like mad dogs.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

On the other hand, wp establishes its image as being bullied but is strong to take the abuses with dignity and calmness, instead of barking like mad dogs.

My mother always say: diam gao kar si lang :p:p:p

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My mother always say: diam gao kar si lang :p:p:p
Ya ya, I just find the present group no match to Ltk. Chinese educated are very good in art of war. With CSM in the team (Chinese background) their silence is deafening. Just think it is another Ali v George foreman rematch and the aggressor will end up losing.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like that fat auntie who spoke at HL park, she votes on auto pilot one.. i think only their generation does that..

Unfortunately not all voters are that politically savvy . In fact most voters aren't and they are the intended audience of pap propaganda.

Problem here is why is WP keeping quiet and not countering the allegations back? I tend to believe WP is waiting for the right timing to strike back, maybe during election.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond Lee's Jurong GRC rec'd $7mil grant to overcome $3mil deficit

A casual reader of that statement or claim might have gone away with the impression that the AHPETC had received this S$3.3 million and has squandered S$3.3 million in the span of two years, and that the town council is now in a deficit of S$734,000.

Indeed, reading online comments following Mr Lee’s remarks shows that some do think this.

So let’s get the facts right.

First, when Mr Lee used the word “Aljunied”, he was referring to the town council previously run by the People’s Action Party (PAP) team in Aljunied GRC which was led by former minister, George Yeo.

Thus, when Mr Lee said that “Aljunied had an operating surplus of S$3.3m”, he meant that the PAP town council under Mr Yeo had the operating surplus.

When WP won in the elections and took over Aljunied GRC, the Town Councils Act (TCA) prescribes that “all its surpluses” – referring to the previous town council – “shall be transferred to the prescribed sinking funds of the Town Council”.

According to the TCA, if the new MPs are from the same political party as those of the previous town council, then 80 per cent of its surpluses shall be transferred to the sinking fund.

If, however, as in the case of Aljunied, the new MPs elected are from a different political party, then “all its surpluses” – ie, 100 per cent of the surpluses – “shall be transferred to the prescribed sinking funds of the Town Council.”

So, the first question about Mr Lee’s remarks is: did the previous PAP Aljunied Town Council leave $3.3m for the WP’s AHPETC? Or did it transfer all $3.3m into the sinking fund as required by the TCA?

More.....http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/18/ahpetc-did-desmond-lee-tell-the-whole-story/

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Govt grants decreased by $19.4m after the loss to WP?

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/18/the-final-nail-in-the-coffin/

Unfortunately, I could not find the annual report of Aljunied in 2011 as I believe the town council’s web site may have been taken down after it was lost to the WP.

I then looked at AHPETC’s web site and found the annual reports for the years ended 31 March 2012 and 2013.

From these reports I was able to extract the following information.

Govt grants decreased by $19.4m after the loss to WP?

Government grants were about $26.7 million, $7.3 million and $7.3 million, for the years ended 31 March 2011, 2012 and 2013, respectively.

So, does it mean that Aljunied’s government grants decreased by about $19.4 million ($26.7 minus $7.3 million) or a whopping 73%, after it was lost to the WP?

Why do this to Singaporeans in Aljunied?

If this is the case, as a resident of Aljunied and on behalf of my fellow Aljunied residents, and if I may say all Singaporeans – Why?

Dear readers of this article – Do you agree with S Y Lee that this is akin to the final nail in the coffin?

Leong Sze Hian

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AMKTC runs $6.2M deficit but gets $13.9M in Govt grants

TRE yesterday (17 Nov) examined the annual reports of several town councils and found that, in reality, all are running deficits (‘Desmond Lee, all town councils run deficits!‘).

In fact, all the town councils require government grants to operate as the conservancy charges collected from HDB residents are not enough to cover expenses, generally speaking.

Some readers have written to TRE asking why we did not examine the annual report of Ang Mo Kio Town Council (AMKTC) as well. In fact, TRE did try to review the report on AMKTC’s website [Link] but it only carried the latest report (FY13/14). Past reports are not available. TRE was looking for its FY12/13 report so as to make a fair comparison with AHPETC’s FY12/13 report, which Minister of State Desmond Lee was so critical of.

Nevertheless, by popular demand, TRE has examined AMKTC’s FY13/14 report and here are our findings:

http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/18/amktc-runs-6-2m-deficit-but-gets-13-9m-in-govt-grants/

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TC Annual Reports - $8 Khaw sets up and scores own goal

As can be seen from the various reports found in http://www.tremeritus.com/ there is no doubt that yet another own goal has been scored by the govt in trying to make WP look incompetent. Lap Puppy Desmond obviously did not know how evil the TC/Govt/PA system worked and happily yelped away at WP. Well, he should now come out and challenge the comments made about his own TC.

Cheap $8 Khaw obviously had set up what he thought was the opening salvo against WP but now finds the ball now flying back to him from the goal post all the way back to his own goal post.

Without going into too many details, the overall impression is that old habits die hard and that the MIW are still practising 1960s style politics.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Govt grants decreased by $19.4m after the loss to WP?

No wonder aljunied is looking more and more like a slum.by 2030 aljunieds gonna look like detriot USA.

And Lee kuan Jew in his holy book shall say"And Let Aljunied repent,and they did.And it was beautiful.it was good."

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tanjong Pagar TC’s deficit 5X Aljunied TC’s

AHPETC’s grant per elector was $29.07?

- Since the actual portion of the government grant applied to the income and expenditure statement of AHPETC was $4,875,452, does it mean that the grant per elector was $29.07 ($4,875,452 divided by 167,708 electors)?

Tanjong Pagar’s grant per elector was 93% more than Aljunied?

Similarly, the grant applied to the income and expenditure statement of Tanjong Pagar town council was $9,598,383 for 170,785 electors. So, does it mean that the grant per elector was $56.20?

Why is it that Tanjong Pagar’s grant per elector seems to be 93% more than AHPETC?

How are the government grants determined for different town councils?

More....http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/11/18/tanjong-pagar-tcs-deficit-5x-aljunied-tcs/

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quote : "Other then to think of what good policies are for Singaporeans, I would have to spend my time thinking what is the best way to fix them .......(.fortunately I have cronies that will do the fixing for me" )

Of course the latter part was unspoken speech! LoL

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP modus operandi still remain rather primitive and may work in those era when they have absolute monopoly of information. Now their assault had been counter by information on internet and I reckon they have to halt temporary. Having said this, not everyone visits internet and not everyone who surfs bother. For a party with limited media resources, it better for WP to avoid controversy, reserve the ammo and hit back at the right time and that during election period when all attention will zoom in and voters will have the propensity to seek out info through various means like internet, MSM, rallies etc.

In keeping quiet ( or at least avoid going into lengthy arguments with pap for now ) WP will later show voters that they aren't interested in politicking or whining but solving the problems for the welfare of the residents and it make pap looks stupid and opportunistic.

Of course some opposition supporters particularly those SDP faithful will construe this as weakness.

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the past info was very limited. Internet has help many to read from previously "unbroadcasted" sources.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quote : "Other then to think of what good policies are for Singaporeans, I would have to spend my time thinking what is the best way to fix them .......(.fortunately I have cronies that will do the fixing for me" )

Freudian slip will often reveal a politcian inner thoughts and subconscious mind which he tried to conceal. This is one classical example.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Republic of Aljunied will rise. The first separatist region in sinkapore.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Who decides on govt grants for TCs and what are parameters?

In order to supplement town councils’ work in the estate, the government provides grants to them.

The grants are disbursed through the Ministry of National Development (MND), to the grassroots organisations, in particular to the Citizens Consultative Committees (CCCs), which are at the apex of all grassroots organisations.

The committee which oversees the approval of funds is the Community Improvement Projects Committee (CIPC).

Opposition Members of Parliament have, through the years, accused the Government of withholding such funds from them, and that they are made subservient to un-elected grassroots leaders.

We take a simple look at how this is set up.

The Town Council Act empowers the minster to disburse the funds.

“For the purposes of enabling a Town Council to carry out its functions under this Act or any other Act, the Minister may from time to time make grants-in-aid to the Town Council of such sums of money and subject to such conditions as the Minister may determine out of moneys to be provided by Parliament.”

More..........http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2014/11/who-decides-on-govt-grants/

In short, the WPTC gets NO money from the PAP government! How are the money given to the CCC in the opposition wards being spent by the PAP cronies?