• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Lee - ALL TCs run on deficits. Tg Pagar gets $87 per elector; HATC $43

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: TC Annual Reports - $8 Khaw sets up and scores own goal

Oh... So SGD$18 million for LUP...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shitty Sigma lifts that are noisy, stuffy and break down often. Nice upgrade indeed. :rolleyes:

They say upgrade mah, they did not say quiet, clean upgrades.
Breakdowns once every 50 years okay lah.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shitty Sigma lifts that are noisy, stuffy and break down often. Nice upgrade indeed. :rolleyes:
The residents are lucky if they get Sigma lifts. Till they find out the performance of those lifts with parts from china of don't know what the hell brand, you will know what is a bad lift. And they called it upgrading ??

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The residents are lucky if they get Sigma lifts. Till they find out the performance of those lifts with parts from china of don't know what the hell brand, you will know what is a bad lift. And they called it upgrading ??

Sigma is ah tiong brand.:biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sigma is ah tiong brand.:biggrin:
I think sigma is s Korea. The one I mentioned is a rojak lifts. Main parts from china, control from don't know where and auxiliary parts from jiu hu and local. Break down the very month it was commissioned. Very cheap and good because some idiot with zero technical knowledge says lifts from china very cheap so we should use it. Now the maintenance cost will be piling up. Never mind lah just increase sc cc lor.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dunno why, hougang smc LUP give fujitech lift, made in penang.:eek:

You lucky bastard. :(

Don't take my word for it, go to any PAP wards which had installed Sigma lifts for LUP. Ride one and experience it for yourself.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why no extended warranty ah? :(:(:(
How to have extended warranty if a faulty lift can be taken over as "commissioned".

Don't give them idea, next time they give extended warranty like mobile air than sc cc will need to increase even more ah.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think sigma is s Korea. The one I mentioned is a rojak lifts. Main parts from china, control from don't know where and auxiliary parts from jiu hu and local. Break down the very month it was commissioned. Very cheap and good because some idiot with zero technical knowledge says lifts from china very cheap so we should use it. Now the maintenance cost will be piling up. Never mind lah just increase sc cc lor.

Maintenance costs, cronies can benefit mah.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You think Sigma is bad, wait till you get IFE. It is supposed to be a Canadian brand, but maybe the Canadians aren't that good.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SK brand but made in china.:o

LUP in jurong east and clementi use sigma, wait very long and the ride very slow.

maintenance service provide by EM services rite? subsidiary of hdb, ex bukit Gombak mp in helm rite?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You lucky bastard. :(

Don't take my word for it, go to any PAP wards which had installed Sigma lifts for LUP. Ride one and experience it for yourself.

I no longer stay there, I now in "what do u think" hougang, no LUP. the cranky old lift breakdown a few times each year. first paint job in 10years, last time at LTK hougang, it 4-6 years for a new paint job.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SK brand but made in china.:o

LUP in jurong east and clementi use sigma, wait very long and the ride very slow.

maintenance service provide by EM services rite? subsidiary of hdb, ex bukit Gombak mp in helm rite?
Not sure what is the brand. Someone from fujitec told me the story of how they lose out to this inferior hopeless brands as tender goes to lowest bidder.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure what is the brand. Someone from fujitec told me the story of how they lose out to this inferior hopeless brands as tender goes to lowest bidder.

That's basically the gist of how the govt institutions go about doing business with the private sector. It can be HDB upgrading, or something more macro e.g. LTA projects. Lowest bidder almost always wins the business.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's basically the gist of how the govt institutions go about doing business with the private sector. It can be HDB upgrading, or something more macro e.g. LTA projects. Lowest bidder almost always wins the business.
Ya but the biggest nightmare is they only specify generic terms with no consideration for the details. It look nice on paper as both offered the same key features. However, when it comes to performance e.g. Frequency of breakdowns, there is nothing in the specification to nail the supplier. Put in a clause with penalty e.g. less than 5 breakdowns in first year, I think all these garbage lifts will be weeded out. Anyway, they will say it is unreasonable. After all the ones to suffer are the users.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ya but the biggest nightmare is they only specify generic terms with no consideration for the details. It look nice on paper as both offered the same key features. However, when it comes to performance e.g. Frequency of breakdowns, there is nothing in the specification to nail the supplier. Put in a clause with penalty e.g. less than 5 breakdowns in first year, I think all these garbage lifts will be weeded out. Anyway, they will say it is unreasonable. After all the ones to suffer are the users.

Plenty of people are making good incomes from these tenders. Sinkapore is not corruption free, just legalized corruption.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Useless Minister of State Desmond Lee should be sacked for his incompetence

Desmond Lee, in trying to discredit the Workers party, created a firestorm which he could not control. To start off, he tried to score brownie points with his boss by running down the Aljunid Town Council. Now, the Ministry of national Development has to come out with a statement to "clarify" doubts created by this incompetent Minister of State, after netizens challenged him......

CNA also helped the idiot to clear up the mess with their article, the first few paras attached below:

SINGAPORE: The funding for town councils is based on the number of HDB flat units and flat types in an area, said the Ministry of National Development (MND) on Thursday (Nov 20). MND said this, in response to media queries on government grants for town councils.

Questions have been raised in various forums on the grants given to the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) run by the opposition Workers' Party in comparison to other town councils run by the ruling People's Action Party (PAP). Some alleged that government grants helped PAP-run town councils run an operating surplus instead of a deficit.

This comes after Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee highlighted AHPETC's finances recently, saying its sharp increase in service and conservancy charges (S&CC) arrears has serious implications for residents.

MND had said AHPETC's poor performance in the annual Town Council Management Report released earlier this month (Nov 4) was of "grave public concern". The report banded AHPETC “red” in corporate governance and S&CC arrears management, as its arrears rate rose to 29.4 per cent as at end-April 2013.

see full report here, but don't waste your time....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/funding-for-town-councils/1483766.html

From the above....