• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caning and other unethical punishments many years ago when you were a kid

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Seems like there is a part 2

Many years back, schools implemented PUBLIC CANING in view of everyone in order to preach deterrence. Back in my secondary school days at DUNEARN SECONDARY SCHOOL, Mr. RAYMOND KOH was always too over enthusiastic in carrying out the punishments on the ‘worst of the lot' of students. I wasn’t a victim as I was law-abiding, BUT deep in my heart I felt what he had done was terribly wrong!!! Not only the caning itself, but it was his behaviour that was disgusting. Those who studied in Dunearn during 1999-2002 would clearly remember who MR. RAYMOND KOH was. Oh yes, he became discipline master after year 2000 because Mr. Raja was so good at crowd control and fear mongering that he wanted to better that!

I remembered for many days or weeks, he would walk around the courtyard during morning assembly, holding a pair of scissors and finding students (both boys and girls) with long hair or fringes. One of my classmates (a 14 year old girl) got discovered had her fringe snipped off in front of the whole school!!! That’s public humiliation! I still remembered she didn’t recover from all the humiliation meted by him. Yes, she made mistakes, misbehaved occasionally, but since then she became infamous, other teachers began to pick on her, chided her for her academic and character incompetence. What would you do if you were her? Well, for sensitive ‘delinquents’ without any form of help in school and discriminated every teacher, she became more rebellious and practically gave up on learning. She got expelled from school at the end of the year. I think she deserve an apology for all the psychological and physical (cutting of her hair) abuse. I am sorry for not speaking up for her then.

I also remembered how MR. RAYMOND KOH publicly caned boys. The whip looked like a snake! A book would be tugged in above the butt to prevent the whip from hurting the spine. His behaviour right before the actual caning was barbaric and unworthy of his position as a “TEACHER.”

See more at Caning and other unethical punishments many years ago when you were a kid (Part 2)

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as i know, hak seng feel proud to be caned in front of school audience - beng feels sartki. Lian in school like bad boy :biggrin:
Not a joke that when i was a student i wish to be caned too to win the lians but principal likes me so much that i just couldn't get it even i do bad things.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is nothing unethical about caning. It is an excellent tool when it comes to enforcing discipline.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was caned by the vice-principal at Sec 3 for using "vulgar" language to a school prefect even though I said I would apologise to him. I wasn't deterred by the cane. A few days later I vandalsed the vice-principal's car. Fuckig cissy prefect, fucking sadist vice-principal. Fuck them.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard of parents sticking a broomstick up their kid's anus and then rubbing chilli paste over their eyes.

No wonder kids were more well-behaved back in the day.

batemen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard of parents sticking a broomstick up their kid's anus and then rubbing chilli paste over their eyes.

No wonder kids were more well-behaved back in the day.

Axe brand oil on pacifier to get toddlers off the rotten habit of sucking :wink: