• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone looked up at the night sky recently......

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tonite, I happened to look up at the night sky and lo and behold, I saw the Orion constellation and mind you, it is directly over my head......years ago, it was right infront of me when I raise my head up.......it seems like the Orion constellation had moved in the sky over the years........

Wow!.......I'm calling home........

star-orion.jpg

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were blessed with clear skies that night. Do enjoy the moment, its been too long since i last saw the beauty of clear skies at night.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too much light pollution in Sinkieland. Rural areas in neighbouring countries are excellent for star gazing at night. You can see a blanket of stars covering the whole sky.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much light pollution in Sinkieland. Rural areas in neighbouring countries are excellent for star gazing at night. You can see a blanket of stars covering the whole sky.

We should have a once a month lights-off campaign to allow everyone to enjoy the beauty of the night again.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should have a once a month lights-off campaign to allow everyone to enjoy the beauty of the night again.

With such a dense urban population and so many Ah Nehs? That'll turn into an all-you-can-rape buffet. :wink:

I can accept a little light pollution in an urban area, but it seems to be getting worse in recent years even in the suburbs. 40-storey high HDB flats, multi-storey carparks, malls.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sky belongs to humanity...........but I'm more interested specifically about Orion constellation, where my home Sirius is......
It is time........when Orion is right above me...........and Sirius is a-calling me........I belong there. I must return to my roots......

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
With such a dense urban population and so many Ah Nehs? That'll turn into an all-you-can-rape buffet. :wink:

I can accept a little light pollution in an urban area, but it seems to be getting worse in recent years even in the suburbs. 40-storey high HDB flats, multi-storey carparks, malls.

cemeteries are probably the last bastion of darkness left in urban centres. but go there will be raped by hantu :biggrin:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;RVMvART9kb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8[/video]

good song for star gazing :wink:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lightning dogs will definitely have bad xia4 chang3 (hanyu pinyin) -

It was classically depicted as Orion's dog. The Ancient Greeks thought that Sirius's emanations could affect dogs adversely, making them behave abnormally during the "dog days," the hottest days of the summer. The Romans knew these days as dies caniculares, and the star Sirius was called Canicula, "little dog." The excessive panting of dogs in hot weather was thought to place them at risk of desiccation and disease. In extreme cases, a foaming dog might have rabies, which could infect and kill humans whom they had bitten.[25] Homer, in the Iliad, describes the approach of Achilles toward Troy in these words:

Sirius rises late in the dark, liquid sky
On summer nights, star of stars,
Orion's Dog they call it, brightest
Of all, but an evil portent, bringing heat
And fevers to suffering humanity

[video=youtube;UFLQS12z8K4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4[/video]

Last edited: