• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is GMS?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Papsmearer,

I totally agree with you and you have basically taken my thoughts out into the open. Opposition parties overall, are Under Performing and I guess, they are trying to have their cake to eat it. They are keeping low for "self preservation" and hoping that the individual activists like Roy, HHH will make enough noises, get enough sympathizers and they could ride on the waves they have created. They have in effect, fast becoming "free riders".

The worst part is that WP people (members and supporters) have enough of this benefits but yet chose to throw m&d at Roy, HHH and gang, for whatever reasons. It really saddens me. They are despicable in every sense because they know they will enjoy the "unfair benefits" that these people have generated but yet, they wanted to squeeze even more from them by trying to thumb them down so to show that they are above them and different from them, in the attempt to win even more support from the middle ground. But they are not that smart at all. There will be more and more hardcore anti-PAP supporters who would be disgusted by such attempts and they will eventually lose the support of these people.

I am not really that "Independent" in the sense that I have taken the side which is against PAP's rule. But at the same time, I feel disheartened by the things which some opposition parties are doing. There needs to have more options, better options to choose in replacement to PAP. I can only hope.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS is on the right path. ANyone with half a brain can see that. Stand above the noise and look at the big picture. What has been the political impact of the oppos parties on the landscape? Minimal to non. Even for well funded official party like WP with 7 MPs in PArliament, they have made no noise and have not fired the people's imagination. When was the last time they organized a protest at Hong Lim PArk? The other oppo parties are just static noise in the background.

The biggest impact have been made by non affiliated independent people like Roy, HHH, Catherine Lim, Tan Kin Lian, etc. More people read and discuss their blogs than do sign on to read the oppo websites. U can tell that the PAP is scared of these people. They will only sue people who they think can harm them. Hence the lawsuit against Roy. These bloggers comment on CPF, polulation squeeze, high cost of HDB flats, FTs taking jobs, etc. Their comments appeal and resonate with the voters. This is something that oppo parties have not been able to do. Not even under parliamentary privilege protection.

If any of these unaffiliated bloggers and commentators decide to run for a single constituency, they will garner a lot of votes. More importantly, they highlight the injustice and corruption of the PAP. These people combined will cost the PAP votes at the next election. You can count on it. Oppo parties will be the unfair beneficiaries of anti PAP sentiment sentiment generated by this crop of bloggers. People who read their blogs will vote for anybody but the PAP, and hence oppo parties will get votes they never worked to earn. That's fine. This was not possible even a decade ago, but with the internet and social networking, everyone can put out their well thought and researched opinions for an infinite audience to read. Remember, Roy was not sued for using false or erroneous facts and stats to put forth his CPF argument. rather he was sued for a slip of the tongue. Therefore, his facts and reasoning and arguments are sound. The PAP have not once sued him or accused him of fabricating lies about the CPF, and that tells u something about the power of reasonable argument.

I hope that more and more independents like GMS will come out and continue with their thought provoking blogs and websites. In addition, I hope they will form an informal alliance and share ideas and do joint rallies together like Roy and HHH. These people now are the conscience and voice of reason (not discord) for singapore. They are more influential than many oppo parties. This is good for singapore.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Opposition parties overall, are Under Performing and I guess, they are trying to have their cake to eat it. They are keeping low for "self preservation" and hoping that the individual activists like Roy, HHH will make enough noises, get enough sympathizers and they could ride on the waves they have created. They have in effect, fast becoming "free riders".

On the contrary, the opposition parties have stood against PAP finally breaking through a GRC and forcing them to liberalize certain laws on protests. With PAP losing its dominance, more activists have been emboldened to stand forward. These were not the same activists in the late 90s who began in HL Park when conditions were even more severe.

So was it activists benefitting from opposition or the other way around.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You really have pathetic knowledge of what Democracy is. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

On the contrary, the opposition parties have stood against PAP finally breaking through a GRC and forcing them to liberalize certain laws on protests. With PAP losing its dominance, more activists have been emboldened to stand forward. These were not the same activists in the late 90s who began in HL Park when conditions were even more severe.

So was it activists benefitting from opposition or the other way around.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You really have pathetic knowledge of what Democracy is. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

No one is debating with you over the definition of "democracy". This is about whether activists "benefit" from opposition or the other way around, which was the topic you yourself started.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Utter rubbish. Activists have not BENEFITED from opposition parties, ESPECIALLY WP. They don't initiate issues, don't become public opinion makers, don't even lead in the charge of important critical issues.... they only copied and fill their speeches up with what other people has said, even dare to copy WHOLESALE on what other people have written!

One good example is CECA which has been signed decade ago. Has anyone in parliament, particularly opposition MPs, raised any question about it BEFORE activists have found out how ridiculous this FTA is? They only wake up from their slumber AFTER activists have raised it as an issue. But even that, their argument, questioning or debate in parliament is UTTER PATHETIC, missing the most important points altogether! Even if activists feed them bullets, bombs or missiles, they just shoot water guns inside parliament! That's how pathetic they are.

Well, someone has put it quite aptly, if Lina Chiam, the NCMP, is deemed as performing BETTER among all other opposition MPs inside parliament, then that's how disappointing and pathetic WP is.

Goh Meng Seng

No one is debating with you over the definition of "democracy". This is about whether activists "benefit" from opposition or the other way around, which was the topic you yourself started.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<u><b>Buddhism My Guiding Light </b></u><br />
<br />
I am not a Saint neither am I perfect in every sense as a human being. But I am a religious man. I guess if I have not enter opposition politics, I may most probably become a monk by now. I understand how PAP TERRORIZE opposition and that is why I have tried in every ways, in everything I do, in every decision I made, to keep myself "spotlessly clean" as far as possible. Although I used to joke about how I live like a monk but it is actually a true description of my life and living. Buddhism has thought me one simple rule, if you want to get out of sufferings, trouble and wrong doings, keep out of unwanted desires, hatred or strong negative emotions and most importantly, attachment.<br />
<br />

You surely do exhibit strong negative feelings towards Workers Party... why never follow Buddhist teaching?
Whatever your ideals are, your focus on attacking Workers Party way way overshadow your zeal for righteousness if you so claim.
In that sense you are not politically savvy.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Utter rubbish. Activists have not BENEFITED from opposition parties, ESPECIALLY WP. They don't initiate issues, don't become public opinion makers, don't even lead in the charge of important critical issues.... they only copied and fill their speeches up with what other people has said, even dare to copy WHOLESALE on what other people have written!

You are entitled to your views and I have expressed mine. Let us see how many would agree with you.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The only "negative feelings" I have about WP is UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT, nothing more, nothing less.

Goh Meng Seng

You surely do exhibit strong negative feelings towards Workers Party... why never follow Buddhist teaching?
Whatever your ideals are, your focus on attacking Workers Party way way overshadow your zeal for righteousness if you so claim.
In that sense you are not politically savvy.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS is on the right path. ANyone with half a brain can see that. Stand above the noise and look at the big picture. What has been the political impact of the oppos parties on the landscape? Minimal to non. Even for well funded official party like WP with 7 MPs in PArliament, they have made no noise and have not fired the people's imagination. When was the last time they organized a protest at Hong Lim PArk? The other oppo parties are just static noise in the background.

The biggest impact have been made by non affiliated independent people like Roy, HHH, Catherine Lim, Tan Kin Lian, etc. More people read and discuss their blogs than do sign on to read the oppo websites.
impact? what impact?

if hl park protest is any useful it will be shutdown before you could finish typing the word itself. the fact it is still open for registration and not many applications got rejected strongly suggests the white scums are happy to let dreamers like you, rn, hhh to shake hands with liked-minded dreamers, massage their own ego.

if read and discuss blogs is any useful why no white scums got pull off their high horse and kicked out yet?

U can tell that the PAP is scared of these people. They will only sue people who they think can harm them. Hence the lawsuit against Roy. These bloggers comment on CPF, polulation squeeze, high cost of HDB flats, FTs taking jobs, etc. Their comments appeal and resonate with the voters. This is something that oppo parties have not been able to do.
own goal-- you want to declare once and for all white scums lawsuit against wp counted or not?

Not even under parliamentary privilege protection.
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?...till-carry-on-the-fight&p=2044779#post2044779

waiting for your research.

If any of these unaffiliated bloggers and commentators decide to run for a single constituency, they will garner a lot of votes..
yes the bestest is go contest at amk or tanjong pagar.

but i will bet my last rep pts that no bloggers go the balls to put $ where their mouth is. unless of course they got funded to be spoilers

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only "negative feelings" I have about WP is UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT, nothing more, nothing less.

Goh Meng Seng

since WP so farkdup, why not you challenge png eng huat for hougang smc? since papig candidate is useless, why not you save the hougang electorate from wp incompetent and show everyone what is real democracy?

i am not joking, i am serious. put down your challenge for hougang, u have had over a year to get ready for ge.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng
you may have a pt.

let's see.

"utter disappointment" ah low chose a+ sylvia over bicker king rabid goh ms? check

"utter disappointment" wp scared you off kallang grc (according to unconfirmed rd side news), made you malu in front of nsp? check

"utter disappointment" wp never once reply directly to your many accusation so you feel damn malu like an ex-gf? check

so far all checked. any more?

if not then you happy now? still disappointed or not?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
since WP so farkdup, why not you challenge png eng huat for hougang smc? since papig candidate is useless, why not you save the hougang electorate from wp incompetent and show everyone what is real democracy?

i am not joking, i am serious. put down your challenge for hougang, u have had over a year to get ready for ge.
before he does he can also test water by applying hl park permit to sing-suay wp.

see the turn out then he decides whether to lose deposit or not.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
before he does he can also test water by applying hl park permit to sing-suay wp.

see the turn out then he decides whether to lose deposit or not.

if he put his money where his mouth is, i respect him.

i respected him for what he done since the beginning. it only post ge2011 he started to get on my nerves. i not hardup on wp, i give my vote to anyone who can get rid of pap.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Nah. I have much BIGGER perspective than that. Small minds only think about such things.

It is undoubted consensus among lots of observers and even hardcore anti-PAP/ opposition supporters that WP has a mediocre performance in Parliament. Granted, people could still be apologetic about that because WP's main branding, is basically based on prudent management of Town Council and consistency in its ground work. This is important to win over middle ground voters who might be skeptical of voting for an unknown entity to run their TC and screw it up for them. Such direct cost to them will be unbearable even though they might want more opposition voices in parliament. Thus, WP could well win the support of this critical group of voters which may just become the king makers.

But now, even that little advantage WP has, is blowing up like a dynamite. Its FMSS management team has screwed up the management of TC. How would you convince this group of people to vote for WP again? Time will tell but these are the basis of my utter disappointment. If WP cannot keeps its house in order but continue to give lots of irrelevant excuses, it will further dent its own credibility and deemed lack of integrity and accountability.

Well although LTK talked about "walking its own path" but inevitably, WP's bad performance will definitely affect public confidence in ALL opposition parties. That's the inevitable impact on democratic development for Singapore. This is the ultimate disappointment I have about WP.

Goh Meng Seng

you may have a pt.

let's see.

"utter disappointment" ah low chose a+ sylvia over bicker king rabid goh ms? check

"utter disappointment" wp scared you off kallang grc (according to unconfirmed rd side news), made you malu in front of nsp? check

"utter disappointment" wp never once reply directly to your many accusation so you feel damn malu like an ex-gf? check

so far all checked. any more?

if not then you happy now? still disappointed or not?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr goh, thanks for your revealing autobiography.

Wanted to leave Hwa chong "elitism" but decided to stay anyways

Good at F maths but preferred to major in Econs

A passion for Econs but opened a computer shop

Contested under Wp banner but quit

Headed Nsp but quit totally

Have you ever carried through with any thing in your life?

I'm not so sure about the "passion" you claim to have so many times in the article. But you sure don't run out of excuses for not accomplishing anything so far.

Let me guess, your backside is itchy again? Leaving your mysterious NGO post to come back to the local politic scene?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There is a difference between work to live and live to work. :wink:

There is a difference between study to score and study to learn.

There is a difference in live to be happy and happy to live.

And no, Computer shop isn't the only business I have. :wink:

What is "achievement" to you, may sound very silly to me. Only people take superficial glamour as "achievement" while forgetting the basic fundamentals which will make it more than an achievement. Let me give you an example. You may think that you have GREAT achievement in spending hundreds of thousands or even millions to buy a house or flat, but the architect, engineers or builders who have built your flat or house might have felt a GREATER achievement in building it for you.

Have I achieved anything in life? Yes and no. For my achievement may be intangible but meaningful to me, but not necessary mean anything to you.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr goh, thanks for your revealing autobiography.

Wanted to leave Hwa chong "elitism" but decided to stay anyways

Good at F maths but preferred to major in Econs

A passion for Econs but opened a computer shop

Contested under Wp banner but quit

Headed Nsp but quit totally

Have you ever carried through with any thing in your life?

I'm not so sure about the "passion" you claim to have so many times in the article. But you sure don't run out of excuses for not accomplishing anything so far.

Let me guess, your backside is itchy again? Leaving your mysterious NGO post to come back to the local politic scene?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a difference between work to live and live to work. :wink:

There is a difference between study to score and study to learn.

There is a difference in live to be happy and happy to live.

yeah..... I knew the master of excuses would argue semantics. You are always free to waste your own time. But please don't waste ours.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
amrf101540004201.jpg

Useless Opposition .... always fight amongst yourselves...
Become a loser under Opposition is worse than PAP losing to Opposition ... clown so-called political observer .... hahaha....