• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Salt ........ beware of excessive aluminium content!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I have been reading about salt on the internet...

Its seems that the normal table salt contains lots of aluminium and long term usage is not good.

The sodium chloride we buy in the supermarket sold as table salt is actually primarily an industrial product. It is made in large processing plants and over 90% of it is used in commercial industry.

During manufacturing it is heated to around 1200 degrees Fahrenheit and treated with caustic soda to remove other minerals.

Anti-caking agents, like aluminum hydroxide, are then added to improve how it pours.

Unfortunately high levels of aluminum in the diet are now suspected of being a possible cause of Alzheimer’s disease.

This is no different from using aluminium pots and pans which has already been found to cause memory loss and make you senile faster...

I have now change all my household salt to Kolsher...

Kosher_Salt.JPG

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
You better beware of what the shit they use to produce this kind of salt....

16307.jpg

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Mind you, we do consume lots of salt knowingly and unknowingly...so better be safe than sorry....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i use 3 kinds of salt in my kitchen: fine-grain pure sea salt for cooking, coarse-grain kosher salt for steaks, and freshly ground coarse-grain pink himalayan salt for sprinkling over salads, fruit and vege dishes.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
i use 3 kinds of salt in my kitchen: fine-grain pure sea salt for cooking, coarse-grain kosher salt for steaks, and freshly ground coarse-grain pink himalayan salt for sprinkling over salads, fruit and vege dishes.

Good stuff....i will follow suit...:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u got n assorted a-salt ...

voucher

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to minimise salt intake in Singapore is not minimise eating out. They put lots of salt and not high grade types into food and soups and that makes it unhealthy. Do your own cooking if you can and you can regulate the amount of salt that you use.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The best way to minimise salt intake in Singapore is not minimise eating out. They put lots of salt and not high grade types into food and soups and that makes it unhealthy. Do your own cooking if you can and you can regulate the amount of salt that you use.

Yep...agree and use the correct salt in your home cooking just like ESD...:biggrin:

voucher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep...agree and use the correct salt in your home cooking just like ESD...:biggrin:

Where do you get the kosher and pink himalayan salt from in Singapore? I think this thread has made me aware again of monitoring my blood pressure.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Where do you get the kosher and pink himalayan salt from in Singapore? I think this thread has made me aware again of monitoring my blood pressure.

Hate to say...Mustafa has all of them in the supermart new wing...:biggrin: