• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

challenger is using fake $30 offset con customers buy items like sim lim square

• Thread starter Deleted member 105665
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 105665

beware of going to challenger they are like courts all going after commission. they tell you item has 10% discount and get 2 year free membership and sign up get 3000 points which is $30 and use it immediately to offset your item so you may think you get 10% discount plus $30 off. put it plainly here for you to see: you only get 10% discount for item and have to pay $30 to sign up as member then use the 3000 sign-up points to offset your item. its like city harvest round tripping case, your $30 go round and back to to you with no $30 discount to your item. they can simply tell you get 10% discount and a free 2 year membership but why go to such length is to entice you to buy the item and confuse your thinking. beware of such sales tactics, always ask what is the final price then you can see through the ruse. you dont need a first class honours degree from nus law faculty and be admitted to spore bar to understand this tactic. challenger thought too highly of their marketing ploy but i now tell whole spore the plain truth and poke through their cave of deceit.

go to popular bookstore instead their staff will only do packing ordering and arranging items wont disturb you unless you ask them questions. they have no commission just basic salary so wont chase after sales but will instead provide excellent customer service by not only help your queries and also giving you a quiet and neat environment to read books and browse other items that interest you, plus each store has different items assortment cater to different community around the store. you be surprise popular bookstore now also have items like printer ink cartridge and other electronic devices and items as challenger and courts but at a cheaper price. fairprice xtra also have electronic items selling cheaper than challenger and courts.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never found the prices at Challenger cheap. The best prices for computer related products is found in Sim Lim Square & the smaller stores of Funan.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
You walk in to buy a shaver, the salesman bo.chap.
You bluff, say want to buy 55inch LCD t.v. plus two door fridge, salesman follow you round and round the shop.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You walk in to buy a shaver, the salesman bo.chap.
You bluff, say want to buy 55inch LCD t.v. plus two door fridge, salesman follow you round and round the shop.

Bro challenger got sell fridge meh?

55 INCH TV also they sell?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
CHALANJIAOGER is a good place to check out the products you wanna to buy, but then u should buy it somewhere else :biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Paiseh, very paiseh.
Wrong hole.
Courts.
Thanks.

I agree with you on the sales people for Courts.

Also to add, if you are Malay, they will.follow you.closer cos likely the Malays will take instalment plans (more commission)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only idiots shop at Challenger, even more so without its membership card. All the prices are marked up.

Retail boxes of Norton software on its shelves are already a major red flag.

Watch out too for Valore, Challenger's chain of stores selling mobile/networking equipment.

Phoenix

Only idiots shop at Challenger, even more so without its membership card. All the prices are marked up.

Watch out too for Valore, Challenger's chain of stores selling mobile/networking equipment.

Why pay when there are free anti virus software from AVG, Avast, Ad-Adware and they are reliable.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Their OEM Valore brand is going to be a big time failure soon.
Just another "me too" range of products which doesn't add much value.
This brand of junk products has been piling up at their own shelves.
What a marketing joke Challenger came out with this OEM brand.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their OEM Valore brand is going to be a big time failure soon.
Just another "me too" range of products which doesn't add much value.
This brand of junk products has been piling up at their own shelves.
What a marketing joke Challenger came out with this OEM brand.

Agree lor. Valore is one silly rip off..........Challenger tied its membership renewal with vouchers for Valore products, but again here, the vouchers is a ripoff. Because Valore mark up its products like crazy and then you can use the vouchers provided you buy $20 and above and it is in multiples of $20. So, the next voucher that can be used is provided you buy $40 at least. See the ripoff? Valore and Challenger rip you off in two ways. One, Valore mark up its product prices like crazy, usually 100% more and then two, you can use the vouchers in multiples of $20 spending.

Finally, the third way Valore/Challenger rip you off is the Valore vouchers have an expiry date, which was October 2014.

This means that I never got to use any of the vouchers and the membership renewal promotion with Valore vouchers, for me was one ripoff.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro challenger got sell fridge meh?

55 INCH TV also they sell?

They have a very big store at Funan & I think they are trying to utilize all that space by selling computer desks, safes, electrical appliances, TVs,....... I think they are still selling TVs:confused: What I don't understand is why they don't just rent out the extra space:confused:

I don't know who is behind Challenger but they are expanding their presence using the satellite stores all over Spore. So they must be doing ok:confused: