• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The latest TV comedy series from CNA : TALKING POINT

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking Point – A new comedy TV serial

Was watching the topic on Rogue Shoppers in Sim Lim Square on Talking Point last night and couldn’t help thinking that it was a comedy programme. No fault of Steve Chia. He handled the discussion well and the topic was current and of great interest to the public. For this particular episode I was kind of wanting to laugh but it was so painful to laugh at the jokes and the jokers. This episode is highly recommended. Please watch the replay and get some enlightenment as to why this city state is turning into such a God forsaken place. You will find all the reasons to clear your doubts that things could only get worse and who were contributing to the black comedy. Pay attention to spot the jokers.

Some of the things highlighted would keep your eyes popping out in disbelief. The statistics on the cheatings and scamming of shoppers were hopelessly spastic when the truth is out. It was all under statements, under reporting and unreal. The rogue shop keepers simply changed the name of the shops when they were getting too many complaints to start all over again on a clean slate. Many complaints were simply unreported especially when the cheated customers were tourists.

And the law, you would wonder what law is there to curb such rogue behaviours. And mind you, unethical doesn’t mean it is a crime. All the cheatings are never regarded as crimes. The law only go after the shops and not the workers or salespersons. So the rogues could keep on doing the same scams and immuned from the law. And the rogue shop owners were happily changing the names of the shops every six months. And the regulators were not really concerned. CASE’s main concern was not to deprive the rogue shoppers of their livelihood. This is very important consideration and you would know why after watching the comedy.

And don’t ever believe anyone who is telling you there were only a few cases and the cheatings only happened yesterday, and the Vietnamese case was only one such case and did not justify changing the law for a one case incident.

One thing was clear, the problems need to be addressed and it is so difficult to do so. No one knew how to solve this complicated and sophisticated problem of rogue traders cheating unwary customers. So Gabriel Kang, in all sincerity, perhaps the most rational guy other than the expert speaking from the TV screen, suggested bringing in some bright guys and locked them up in a hack-a-thon to brainstorm for a solution. Another suggested forming a committee or BOI, the most clever problem solving method of the super talents, to try to find an answer. Give them a little more time and they would likely suggest bringing in a foreign talent as the locals were too daft to find an answer.

I said it was a comedy. But I must warn you that it would be so painful to laugh. Luckily no one utter the phrase, ‘the customer is king’. In Sim Lim Square and a few of the notorious shopping centres, the rogue shop keepers are the king. And shoppers must be prepared to go down on their knees to beg for mercy.

After viewing the programme, I bet nothing concrete or useful will come out of it. It was all a bad joke, but highly recommended to watch and get sick in the stomach. Get a sick bag handy just in case.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2014/11/talking-point-new-comedy-tv-serial.html

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Steve chia is the most unprofessional TV host I've ever encountered. In one previous episode he was simply parroting pro establishment views to guests and callers offering alternative views.

This dog is another traitor for the piano wire

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Steve chia is the most unprofessional TV host I've ever encountered. In one previous episode he was simply parroting pro establishment views to guests and callers offering alternative views.

This dog is another traitor for the piano wire

Then you go and be a TV host yourself lah.. You very good, right...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is simply a commercial dispute between people who disagree about prices. How can that be a crime, hmm?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then you go and be a TV host yourself lah.. You very good, right...

Ask your mother to show her old chee bye on Malaysia TV lah!!

Your fugly black chicken teerak also!

xBto9ax3CAAE4lhp.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CFVUigM7Pe.webp

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's plenty of black comedy on this site already,despite the internet being one of the last bastion of opposition and truth,u can see the evil and undeniable influence of PAP and their in dogs everywhere.leongsam max Riley issilargardo estupido69,sowing their seeds of misinformation everywhere and distorting facts and leaving traces of their corrupted footsteps impossible to be purged

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the law, you would wonder what law is there to curb such rogue behaviours.

Probably because the lawmakers and the law enforcers are no saints themselves. You scratch my back, I scratch yours, we make money on both sides and win-win. Business as usual.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small shops can't afford to bribe. They not peter lim. It's just laziness. Don't people see they are giving excuses not to take action? Any mention of a new law or regulation? Even parliament dropped the ball.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Small shops can't afford to bribe. They not peter lim. It's just laziness. Don't people see they are giving excuses not to take action? Any mention of a new law or regulation? Even parliament dropped the ball.

they cant but u must remember whoever owns sim lim square needs to collect rental as well.$7000 a month dont come easy.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is simply a commercial dispute between people who disagree about prices. How can that be a crime, hmm?

It is dumb people people who buy handphones at SIM LIM or People's Park....honestly, these people wants cheap deal, so that, they can bring that phone(s) back to where they belong & cheat those who will buy from them...how naive we are over these, crying Vietnamese etc....

All con men....& actors..

anyway....I have stopped watching TV for a very long time..especially Channel Liar Asia, I go to any country, I flick the switch at the hotel & find Channel Liar Asia...they hotel management must be damn hard up....& I avoid that, number of that channel...

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
they cant but u must remember whoever owns sim lim square needs to collect rental as well.$7000 a month dont come easy.

Do your research. ITs precisely because most of the shops are NOT owned by management that nothing can be done. One friend bought the entire shop decades ago. The bosses there are renting out. Smart men

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do your research. ITs precisely because most of the shops are NOT owned by management that nothing can be done. One friend bought the entire shop decades ago. The bosses there are renting out. Smart men

Things would be so simple if everything was owned by Capitaland REITs.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what does management have to do with police though?shouldnt the police or government agency have enough independent authority to shut things down?