• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really weird.....when there are good news about Princess Cove project, sure got people Beh Song. Dunno why hor? :confused:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really weird.....when there are good news about Princess Cove project, sure got people Beh Song. Dunno why hor? :confused:

LOL! Don't misunderstand, I have nothing against R&F, was just trying to make a lame joke.

In fact was there a couple of times. It's nice. If I have money ($2.6m would be nice:wink:) I also don't mind living that close to Singapore.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! Don't misunderstand, I have nothing against R&F, was just trying to make a lame joke.

In fact was there a couple of times. It's nice. If I have money ($2.6m would be nice:wink:) I also don't mind living that close to Singapore.
No problem bro. I thought you beh song at first. Lol.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much now? With the new coronation bldg coming up with 400 residential ( freehold later become leasehold) should have a discount of 30% or more for RF :wink:. Waiting

Haha....wait till you see Suasana Condo give even bigger discount but still nobody want due to its location in flood zone. R&F anytime better.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rent lah why need $2.6m???

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because I want a house that I can call my home, not my landlord's house.

You still don't get it, I put my money somewhere safer and more stable and use the rental to rent in JB, why do you want a property to call your own when soon the oversupply will be so bad that many landlords have to accept rental that is less than mortgage payments, where you have to let tenants treat you like a beggar and damage your house beyond whatever rent you can collect, lastly what is the big deal where you want to own a property you call your own, in a country that you can't even call your own??

My relative's condo owner treats him like a Lord especially near the end of tenancy time and dare not increase rent or make him sign contract. Sorry but I won't be able to accept that kind of behavior if I was "landlord".

Another thing, I believe you are very young, and maybe don't plan very far, how do you intend to school your children next time? They are forced to commute like you? Then what about their working life? Also commute like you? It is going to be a massive loss in productive time if they do.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still don't get it, I put my money somewhere safer and more stable and use the rental to rent in JB, why do you want a property to call your own when soon the oversupply will be so bad that many landlords have to accept rental that is less than mortgage payments, where you have to let tenants treat you like a beggar and damage your house beyond whatever rent you can collect, lastly what is the big deal where you want to own a property you call your own, in a country that you can't even call your own??

My relative's condo owner treats him like a Lord especially near the end of tenancy time and dare not increase rent or make him sign contract. Sorry but I won't be able to accept that kind of behavior if I was "landlord".

Another thing, I believe you are very young, and maybe don't plan very far, how do you intend to school your children next time? They are forced to commute like you? Then what about their working life? Also commute like you? It is going to be a massive loss in productive time if they do.

Its a tradeoff decision for Master Frodo to make, and people are absolutely free to make their own trade-offs. Anyway, if you are able to find a gd, cheap, well furnished corner terrace or semi-d in JB, you are welcome to rent.

But are you able to find 1 that is gd, cheap and well furnished? For cheap rents, you are looking at Midea/Hisense aircons and Ikea curtains, just as an example of the furnishing expected......

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a tradeoff decision for Master Frodo to make, and people are absolutely free to make their own trade-offs. Anyway, if you are able to find a gd, cheap, well furnished corner terrace or semi-d in JB, you are welcome to rent.

But are you able to find 1 that is gd, cheap and well furnished? For cheap rents, you are looking at Midea/Hisense aircons and Ikea curtains, just as an example of the furnishing expected......

Just saying in reply to him that you do not need $2.6 m to live in Johor. Already sidetracked.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frodo's requirements and your requirements are different.
He is happy, his money, his reasons..so why impose how you feel on him?

One man's meat is another man poison...so wish him well.
Doesn't mean if one adopt your thinking pattern would be happy.
I would never judge another person by my own standard simply because I am an outsider.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo's requirements and your requirements are different.
He is happy, his money, his reasons..so why impose how you feel on him?

One man's meat is another man poison...so wish him well.
Doesn't mean if one adopt your thinking pattern would be happy.
I would never judge another person by my own standard simply because I am an outsider.

Most importantly is he seems happy. That is priceless.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it boils down to this, have cash or not. I am not cash rich… I need to take high loan from the bank even for my first property and was very very fortunate to get a 90% loan... so there is not even the option available for me to put any money in Singapore property or Australia property or even in Vietnam or Bangkok. I would love to be able to do that, but that’s where the $2.6m would come in handy, right? Compared to you, I would consider myself a beggar, owning a property or two in Johor Iskandar is therefore the only way for me to get out of the HDB pigeon hole, and obtain rental income from HDB to finance my properties in JB, and make use of them. Nice to have properties in Australia or London…but won’t be of much use to me since I can’t make use of them, nor do I want to make expensive family trips there to enjoy them! Most importantly, wife wants a house where she can do up the way she wants, it’s also “her” home. I have friends who rent condos and landed in JB for a good price and they certainly can chabo to another property in short notice…but they cannot do anything to the house or condo…no ownership feeling…which is what me and wife wants.

Thanks for believing that I am very young…I would love to tell you that I am very young but sorry have to pop that belief…not young liao….LOL! If I can start again (with hindsight LOL!) I would have entered JB even earlier way back in 2006 or 2007. So for me now is a case of better late than never. As for kids, we have stopped their activities in Singapore, all are now done in JB. Even education can also be done in JB. No travelling to and fro. And when they are old and going to work, the choice is up to them lor. They can decide whether to work in Singapore, Malaysia, or anywhere else in the world. Time to let them flap their wings and leave the nest. Who knows maybe kid might marry a rich dad’s son or daughter (with $2.6m) and settle down in Singapore. LOL!

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can share Frodo's feeling, a rented property is never home. When I started working many, many years back, the "smart" me calculated that it is cheaper to rent than to buy due to the VERY high mortgage interest rate then. After renting for a while when I cannot improve the furnishing to my liking at will, I gave up reasoning and tighten my belt to buy my 1st HOME. Have not regretted since. When you're buying a home vs investment, the $ return is secondary. For me, if $ cannot make me happy, it's meaningless. Not sure if that's why we often hear of celebrities who are loaded taking their own lives early.