• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, to you, it may be considered as noise, for others is useful information. You cannot generalise what you think on others. But what i know is personal attack on any individual here is definitely categorized as NOISE.

I think we have gone over this before. To me, any JUDGEMENTAL OPINIONS, worse if misleadingly expressed as FACTS are NOISEs. It is even more annoying when it is REPEATED over and over again like a broken record. From young, I do not like nagging. Not sure if many do.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we have gone over this before. To me, any JUDGEMENTAL OPINIONS, worse if misleadingly expressed as FACTS are NOISEs. It is even more annoying when it is REPEATED over and over again like a broken record. From young, I do not like nagging. Not sure if many do.

Lets agree to disagree. I hope we can treat new forumers fairly too. Things that being discussed earlier, can definitely be discussed again for the sake of new forumers. Look at the recent posting by Botak1 on Strata and individual titles. This topic have been discussed so many times, but we still patiently explained and repeated this information to him. Lets have this kind of spirit. Help while we can. Again, lets agree to disagree. I apologize to you if whatever i said have annoyed you earlier.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets agree to disagree. I hope we can treat new forumers fairly too. Things that being discussed earlier, can definitely be discussed again for the sake of new forumers. Look at the recent posting by Botak1 on Strata and individual titles. This topic have been discussed so many times, but we still patiently explained and repeated this information to him. Lets have this kind of spirit. Help while we can. Again, lets agree to disagree. I apologize to you if whatever i said have annoyed you earlier.

No apology needed. I have never held on dearly to my own opinions which are quite often, contemporary. I have personally witness myself changing earlier formed personal opinions after learning from others.

All intentions are easily discernable by experienced netizens. I notice that there is a sticky newbie questions thread. If we are targeting new comers; to me, that is the best place to post ONCE, without the need to spread the information repeatedly in numerous other threads.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
This wont happen because the Sultan will make sure all this project continue smoothly. Look at the Forest City saga. DOE just approved it.

Can the sultan prevent the PRC developer from going bust ??

"Loan investors are also shunning Chinese developers with the bank facilities of Shimao Property Holdings Ltd., Country Garden Holdings Co. and Evergrande Real Estate Group Ltd. quoted at levels that indicate impending stress, according to offered prices compiled by Bloomberg from two traders."

Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are wrong again. You cannot equate a wife and a house. You cannot sell your wife but you can sell your house. If one day someone knock my door and alert me that my house may collapse due to some reasons, i will appreciate his concern and get an expert to verify his claim. I even will treat him for lunch for his concern. Open our mind and accept flow of information.

You are sadly mistaken again. One can indeed divorce the spouse if one keeps hearing negative n malicious feedback from others. You equating the collapse of the house against the malicious n half truths that you claim to generously share in this forum is quite lopsided. It is clear as m&d that everyone sees you differently from who you think you are. For 2015 we hope you can tone down ur vile attacks under the guise of genuine concern. We can spot a wolf in sheep clothing. Like you rightly pointed out we are matured forummers. Stick to your day job of fengshui telling

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

"Loan investors are also shunning Chinese developers with the bank facilities of Shimao Property Holdings Ltd., Country Garden Holdings Co. and Evergrande Real Estate Group Ltd. quoted at levels that indicate impending stress, according to offered prices compiled by Bloomberg from two traders."

If I were to behave like CSLong I could probably come in here to start gloating n poke fun at him n RnF buyers. But I shall not degenerate to that level. Instead I am concerned and want to ask if there are REAL buyers in this forum? And the question at the top of my mind is " do you have exit plan A n B if the rumors become true?" If you want a real life example, look no further than the numerous derelict m abandoned projects in JB.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think the worst will happen to R&F, they looked financially strong enough to ride out this.

But just want to share my opinion on abandoned projects in jB. Look at the real life example pacific mall, it was almost 90% done structurally and now is only playground for drug addicts. It's a constant reminder every time I pass by that area, shit does happen. The developer purposely built till almost done structurally so he can collect 90% of the charges before going bust, that's what I think happened to pacific mall.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were to behave like CSLong I could probably come in here to start gloating n poke fun at him n RnF buyers. But I shall not degenerate to that level. Instead I am concerned and want to ask if there are REAL buyers in this forum? And the question at the top of my mind is " do you have exit plan A n B if the rumors become true?" If you want a real life example, look no further than the numerous derelict m abandoned projects in JB.

AS RM depreciate further, it is very likely that Bank Negara would increase BLR to shore up the RM.
That means higher interest rates. Already banks are giving FD rates now at 4.15%. So you are staring at about 7% BLR in time to come.
Are you prepared?

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
AS RM depreciate further, it is very likely that Bank Negara would increase BLR to shore up the RM.
That means higher interest rates. Already banks are giving FD rates now at 4.15%. So you are staring at about 7% BLR in time to come.
Are you prepared?

True. This looks like 1997 all over again

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,I buy into Iskandar as Exit Strategy from SG out of desperation...

I picked R&F due to the location (i.e. close proximity to SG and CIQ) because I do not drive in SG..
So I need a good place easily accessible without a car...
Also due to the upcoming RTS link between SG and Johor..
Well, I also only knew of this via TV ads in SG... If I known of Susana earlier, I would have bought into Susana

The maximum outlay of my capital for my unit is approximately SGD 345k @ 2.50 Exchange Rate..
I have already shifted 1/3 of the sums into Fixed Deposit in Maybank at 2.54 exchange rate..
Too bad I lost on the exchange rate at current 2.70 but the Fixed Deposit will help to mitigate the losses quite a bit..

I am not concern whether this will be an abandoned project partly due to Sultan's involvement and the fact that R&F paid RM 4.5 BILLION for the land..
Taking into account, the protection of the Housing Development Act, R&F's maiden overseas project and sultan's involvement and that this is a landmark project (i.e. This is the 1st structure tourists sees when they come into JB from Woodlands) and also in Zone A of CBD, phase 1 is sure to be built up..
R&F stands to lose more if this project is abandoned..
Also, image of JB will be tarnished in international arena so government parties, sultan will not let this go bust as compared to developments by local developers..

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
RTS will be a positive news as well as the development of Woodlands Northern Business Corridor near Republic Poly..

Rental yield will pick up when Office Tower is up and 5-star Hotel is up..
R&F commercial scene will be up too when all these grade A offices are occupied and staffed by MNCs, banks, law firms etc..
Even if all these failed to come to fruition, I can rent it out to freelancers prostituting themselves in bluewave..
HAHAHA...

Since entire coastline is build up and managed by R&F, there will be a consistency in design and planning..
Freehold project, so I am not concern about it much..

If I do get retrenched in SG when I near 40s, I can rent out my HDB in Punggol and shift to R&F..
The rent should be able to allow my family to survive in JB..
Groceries can be bought in JBCC KOMTAR... (New supermarket opened... go check it out)

Be it investment, exit strategy, weekend home...
All comes down to whether you can afford this property at this price at current interest rate of 4.5% (possibly going to 5 ~ 6%) etc..
I gotten 80% loan for 25 yrs tenure but I hope to clear the loan approximately 2018 when it TOP..
And I think I can pull it off hopefully...
I do not like debts... and that is just me...

In my personal opinion, R&F is expensive but it is FREEHOLD and psf wise is cheaper than Susana now as well as all the condos near CIQ..
Many people says to buy from reputable Malaysian Developers and avoid China Developers...
Well, even HDB in SG is being built by China Developers now and their expertise and technology in property development is already well ahead than most worldwide..
Go see youtube videos .. U can see them there...
In fact, I place more trust in China Developers than Malaysian ones because of all the horror stories of Malaysian Developers in the past era..

I can go on and on.. but I guess I shall stop here..
See how it goes and hope RTS news is confirmed soon..

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Please discuss genuinely in this forum. Not personal attack.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you prepared?

Should things get worse and with experience from 1997, Malaysia is more likely to impose capital controls than to raise interest rates. In any case, MY seems to favour accommodative policy for now.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/20/malaysia-economy-idUSL4N0UZ24K20150120

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,I buy into Iskandar as Exit Strategy from SG out of desperation...

I picked R&F due to the location (i.e. close proximity to SG and CIQ) because I do not drive in SG..
So I need a good place easily accessible without a car...
Also due to the upcoming RTS link between SG and Johor..
Well, I also only knew of this via TV ads in SG... If I known of Susana earlier, I would have bought into Susana

The maximum outlay of my capital for my unit is approximately SGD 345k @ 2.50 Exchange Rate..
I have already shifted 1/3 of the sums into Fixed Deposit in Maybank at 2.54 exchange rate..
Too bad I lost on the exchange rate at current 2.70 but the Fixed Deposit will help to mitigate the losses quite a bit..

I am not concern whether this will be an abandoned project partly due to Sultan's involvement and the fact that R&F paid RM 4.5 BILLION for the land..
Taking into account, the protection of the Housing Development Act, R&F's maiden overseas project and sultan's involvement and that this is a landmark project (i.e. This is the 1st structure tourists sees when they come into JB from Woodlands) and also in Zone A of CBD, phase 1 is sure to be built up..
R&F stands to lose more if this project is abandoned..
Also, image of JB will be tarnished in international arena so government parties, sultan will not let this go bust as compared to developments by local developers..

To be frank, not many believe that the Sultan is a very powerful figure and the X factor that will lead this project to success. Anyway, i will just take it as a joke for those who claim that RnF will go bust....

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should things get worse and with experience from 1997, Malaysia is more likely to impose capital controls than to raise interest rates. In any case, MY seems to favour accommodative policy for now.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/20/malaysia-economy-idUSL4N0UZ24K20150120

On the contrary, Malaysia would not impose capital controls. However, one need to notify Bank Negara each time you send more than RM200k abroad. Malaysia has enough foreign reserves, I think it is more than RM100 billion last year.
What we should look at is to reduce household debts and paydown enough to last more than 1 year, that will ease monthly commitments. For those who took maximum loan, you may want to review your financial exposure. Banks are reckless with umbrellas when it rains.

Buying properties is one of the best way to hedge inflation, however it works only when you had fully paid up for the property. It can be in any location and that include this R & F project. I was in JB 2 weeks ago and drove from Pelangi through Jln Scudai to Nusajaya. I noticed so many projects along Danga Bay and the neglected shopping complex. I really hope this time around, all will be completed but it is a daunting thought.

Perhaps one man's meat is another man's poison. Different people have different views.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well here, there are also substantial royal involvement in the projects, so they are all in the same boat.............if go bust, all suffer.
So everyone should be helping everyone in every possible way and really deep pockets are required but then of course, things get out of hands beyond control and goes terribly wrong too (eg. world events, currency depreciation?).

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, not many believe that the Sultan is a very powerful figure and the X factor that will lead this project to success. Anyway, i will just take it as a joke for those who claim that RnF will go bust....

You are just a frog in the well that know so little, any business can go bust if not managed properly, ANY!
Do you know how many banks had closed shop in Malaysia?
No one believe that Lehman Brothers will collapse and Lehman Brothers is many times larger than all the banks combined in Malaysia and yet it went belly up.
And please treat this as a joke for little kids!

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just a frog in the well that know so little, any business can go bust if not managed properly, ANY!
Do you know how many banks had closed shop in Malaysia?
No one believe that Lehman Brothers will collapse and Lehman Brothers is many times larger than all the banks combined in Malaysia and yet it went belly up.
And please treat this as a joke for little kids!

Yup, this chap is really ignorant. No single individual can fight against the mighty economic forces.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What we should look at is to reduce household debts and paydown enough to last more than 1 year, that will ease monthly commitments. For those who took maximum loan, you may want to review your financial exposure. Banks are reckless with umbrellas when it rains.

Buying properties is one of the best way to hedge inflation, however it works only when you had fully paid up for the property. It can be in any location and that include this R & F project. I was in JB 2 weeks ago and drove from Pelangi through Jln Scudai to Nusajaya. I noticed so many projects along Danga Bay and the neglected shopping complex. I really hope this time around, all will be completed but it is a daunting thought.

Perhaps one man's meat is another man's poison. Different people have different views.

Yes I do have a different school of thought. I am an advocate of high cash, high debt rather than low cash low debt, esp for investment properties. This is due to the front loaded nature of bank loans.

If you do a simulation, say you buy a RM 1 million property with RM800K loan, you will find that you will not save significantly by paying down, say Rm200k of bank loan. You are far better off keeping that RM200k in the bank for opportunities, or to hedge against job losses. I am assuming here that the loan is not a flexible 1. For flexible loans, feel free to pay down the loan with the option of immediate withdrawal when the opportunity arises.