• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo's requirements and your requirements are different.
He is happy, his money, his reasons..so why impose how you feel on him?

One man's meat is another man poison...so wish him well.
Doesn't mean if one adopt your thinking pattern would be happy.
I would never judge another person by my own standard simply because I am an outsider.

Yes, our requirements are different. To me, xebay words of advice (or admonishment?) are directed to the investors group, so his postings do not affect me…..though he might wish to tone down a bit on what many here are perceiving as a condescending or haughty tone.:p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can share Frodo's feeling, a rented property is never home. When I started working many, many years back, the "smart" me calculated that it is cheaper to rent than to buy due to the VERY high mortgage interest rate then. After renting for a while when I cannot improve the furnishing to my liking at will, I gave up reasoning and tighten my belt to buy my 1st HOME. Have not regretted since. When you're buying a home vs investment, the $ return is secondary. For me, if $ cannot make me happy, it's meaningless. Not sure if that's why we often hear of celebrities who are loaded taking their own lives early.

I still hold the view that rental is ideal for short term stay. If you like the rented property and decide to stay for next 20 years, it would not make sense to pay rental over that period.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One may look foolish buying a $2m property in Malaysia, but as Long is his money and he is happy. That is most important.

Human do foolish things especially Singaporeans like us. Ever heard a Singaporean give Mistress $20k a month and only made love 3-4times a month. On that basis, he look smarter to visit prostitute and pay $150 each time.

He would have save $19,400. But as Long is his money and he is happy, why should anyone bother??

The case of a Uncle buying a condo in Singapore and give it to his lady, later regret and try to sue her.....

Endless such story. As long as the fool like us are happy, I throw in my money too.:p

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, our requirements are different. To me, xebay words of advice (or admonishment?) are directed to the investors group, so his postings do not affect me…..though he might wish to tone down a bit on what many here are perceiving as a condescending or haughty tone.:p

Why should he tone down? He is no where compare to the infamous malpaso and those who are blacklisted in this forum.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solid developer.....RnF simply dwarf the local peanut developers in terms of quality and site progress.

rf5.jpg
rf2.jpg
rf3.jpg
rf6.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
"三柱香" (3 burning joss sticks) directly facing the whole Princess Cove woh, so Fengshui very good issit?
Painted in red colour some more.

Senoko-Power1.png

120400236.qaP8Jhxa.jpg

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morning and evening, every vehicle is machiam carrying 小香along the ciq road. Sometimes, lori n bus will shout HUAT huh!! :cool:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Pretty impressed with the progress. Their work seems pretty professional compared to the local developers

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
One may look foolish buying a $2m property in Malaysia, but as Long is his money and he is happy. That is most important.

Human do foolish things especially Singaporeans like us. Ever heard a Singaporean give Mistress $20k a month and only made love 3-4times a month. On that basis, he look smarter to visit prostitute and pay $150 each time.

He would have save $19,400. But as Long is his money and he is happy, why should anyone bother??

The case of a Uncle buying a condo in Singapore and give it to his lady, later regret and try to sue her.....

Endless such story. As long as the fool like us are happy, I throw in my money too.:p

An old post...it's's an interesting reasoning. Basically, it's human weakness.

In all the examples cited, I'd say we need to step back and think carefully. If one has the money, then fine. Otherwise, it's easy to spend unwisely.

Sometimes, we need to see if how we think and feel makes sense. Where money is concerned, it's easy to go for short term gratification but there are long term implications.

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely no problem. Is not directly facing. No worry. PC units have great feng shui. :wink:

It will be even better and good luck if you can convince the Senoko Power station to paint the words on the their chimneys : 一见发财, 一路好走
So even not directly facing also can get some not so direct good luck.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
An old post...it's's an interesting reasoning. Basically, it's human weakness.

In all the examples cited, I'd say we need to step back and think carefully. If one has the money, then fine. Otherwise, it's easy to spend unwisely.

Sometimes, we need to see if how we think and feel makes sense. Where money is concerned, it's easy to go for short term gratification but there are long term implications.

But most of the time the decisions that we make are emotional ones, heart decisions more than mind decisions. A case in point made many times, the husband rationally justifies a purchase, but he has to end up buying something else his wife prefers. Speaking from experience, as Tekkun also will agree. LOL!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But most of the time the decisions that we make are emotional ones, heart decisions more than mind decisions. A case in point made many times, the husband rationally justifies a purchase, but he has to end up buying something else his wife prefers. Speaking from experience, as Tekkun also will agree. LOL!

Lol.... those love their wife will buy base on wife preference. Good one!