• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for the information. Do you know if any local developer is same rating or cash rich as China developer? Please provide facts and figures.

Thanks for highlighting that fact that we should not be comparing apples to oranges. If we are to make comparisons isn't it the right way to compare the company against competitors of its own size/league? It's like you are now asking which Local Uni produces the same no. of quality students compared to an Ivy League School. We all know the obvious answer don't we?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another sideview of Chinese developments. Let's hope it does not happen in JB.

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 25 — Fearing their Malay-majority city neighbourhood may soon be overrun by Chinese, a group of residents in Taman Keramat marched to the construction site of upscale condominium project Datum Jelatek here and violently tore down its cladding today.

The group had warned of “bloodshed” last November if the luxury condo project, which sits on the former site of four blocks of Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) flats owned mostly by Malays, goes ahead.

“This is a 100 per cent Malay area,” Salleh Majid, spokesman for the group, told Malay Mail Online when contacted over the phone.

News portal The Malaysian Insider had reported a violent protest breaking out at the condo project site earlier today, but Salleh said the residents reacted aggressively to defend their homes from “Chinese occupation”.

“I did my own study and I found out that they are trying to attract Chinese from China, Singapore, Taiwan and so on,” he said referring to the condominium project.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...no-to-chinese-neighbours#sthash.PMAVCCz2.dpuf

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the information. Do you know if any local developer is same rating or cash rich as China developer? Please provide facts and figures.

A smart question..... our friend just condemn PC without using his brain. :biggrin:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another sideview of Chinese developments. Let's hope it does not happen in JB.

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 25 — Fearing their Malay-majority city neighbourhood may soon be overrun by Chinese, a group of residents in Taman Keramat marched to the construction site of upscale condominium project Datum Jelatek here and violently tore down its cladding today.

The group had warned of “bloodshed” last November if the luxury condo project, which sits on the former site of four blocks of Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) flats owned mostly by Malays, goes ahead.

“This is a 100 per cent Malay area,” Salleh Majid, spokesman for the group, told Malay Mail Online when contacted over the phone.

News portal The Malaysian Insider had reported a violent protest breaking out at the condo project site earlier today, but Salleh said the residents reacted aggressively to defend their homes from “Chinese occupation”.

“I did my own study and I found out that they are trying to attract Chinese from China, Singapore, Taiwan and so on,” he said referring to the condominium project.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...no-to-chinese-neighbours#sthash.PMAVCCz2.dpuf

JB is a totally different scenario. All lands that sold to Chinese Developers belong to the SULTAN. Malay community are cultured to obey the order of Sultan. No one dare to defy the Sultan's will. Just why i stress that the involvement of Sultan in these projects are crucial.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being hopeful is good but I prefer being pragmatic when it come to dollars and sense.
What is alarming is that this highlighted place is Tianjin, the forth largest city in China. It has a population of 14 million.
Of course we hope for the success of every development in Malaysia.

Everyone can build great buildings but is there anyone who make sure that there's job creation or ways to increase the local population?

Just why i say, many singaporeans will come over to stay in this condos. You like to stay in HDB flat or luxury condo?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
many singaproeans will come over to stay in this condo. really? the oracle has spoken! better sell off all your woodland HDB before everyone moves to johor!!!

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
骑虎难下.jpg ................

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
many singaproeans will come over to stay in this condo. really? the oracle has spoken! better sell off all your woodland HDB before everyone moves to johor!!!

I cannot imagine which Singaporean who has stayed in a flat all their life would be so enthusiastic to stay in a condo in Malaysia. Last i checked alot of Singaporeans prefer to buy landed property as they are unable to do so in Singapore. But then again this salesman like to make sweeping statements as usual on behalf of "most Singaporeans". Maybe the Singaporean forummers would like to vote who would prefer to buy condo over a landed property in JB?

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most records don't have them in top 10 but I'm quite sure they are in top 20...

Wow. Suddenly this puts a lot of things in perspective doesn't it? When such a purported huge china property firm is not even in the top ten list , perhaps it's not such a good idea to keep saying local firms are lousy. Kinda embarassing. But I am sure RnF is always top in someone's heart.

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for providing FACTS bro. Whilst I don't think any of the China companies are going to go bust anytime soon but a downgrade always spells trouble brewing. Actually a Ba2 rating is nothing to shout about. No big deal actually. Yawn. I cannot understand how irresponsible people can make sweeping statements that this company is so much better than local developers. Hahaha.

No problem. I, more than anything, want R&F to succeed. I bought a unit there (anybody here went for the appreciation dinner?). But I believe that we should be objective. And yes, I do think that when people are to fanatical in their support for something, they tend to lose credibility in their views.

I think Ba2 is ok and that Chinese developers are safe for now. What I fear is contagion and domino effect if one goes down because the success of Chinese real estate developers has been based on cheap credit - they have easier and cheaper access to capital than typical first world developers (again, not unusual and nothing wrong- even Chaebols like Samsung do that) and so have a lot of debt. Just afraid if one suddenly goes bust and the banks start pricing up or calling in loans then the fire begins.

For me, I am not worried about a Tianjin ghost-town scenario. I would be if I bought in Tianjin but here it is across the causeway so my worst case is I use it to take a nap every weekend until the jam subsides at around 1am. I am a simple person - I just want it to be built, speaking of which, when I went for appreciation dinner on Saturday, I didn't see the machines moving or people working leh... Call me paranoid, but can someone confirm that they still are?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they don't work on Saturday?
I passed by that area last week on a week day. Some movements of trucks and workers but no large cranes as expected of such development. I give it the benefit of doubt that it is in the process of ramping up. Not sure about the vp date. But if it is 2014q4 then it better buck up.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its just so hard for R&F etc to go bust la. China developers got nothing but money and tons of it. They make CapitaLand look ordinary.

No problem. I, more than anything, want R&F to succeed. I bought a unit there (anybody here went for the appreciation dinner?). But I believe that we should be objective. And yes, I do think that when people are to fanatical in their support for something, they tend to lose credibility in their views.

I think Ba2 is ok and that Chinese developers are safe for now. What I fear is contagion and domino effect if one goes down because the success of Chinese real estate developers has been based on cheap credit - they have easier and cheaper access to capital than typical first world developers (again, not unusual and nothing wrong- even Chaebols like Samsung do that) and so have a lot of debt. Just afraid if one suddenly goes bust and the banks start pricing up or calling in loans then the fire begins.

For me, I am not worried about a Tianjin ghost-town scenario. I would be if I bought in Tianjin but here it is across the causeway so my worst case is I use it to take a nap every weekend until the jam subsides at around 1am. I am a simple person - I just want it to be built, speaking of which, when I went for appreciation dinner on Saturday, I didn't see the machines moving or people working leh... Call me paranoid, but can someone confirm that they still are?

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they don't work on Saturday?
I passed by that area last week on a week day. Some movements of trucks and workers but no large cranes as expected of such development. I give it the benefit of doubt that it is in the process of ramping up. Not sure about the vp date. But if it is 2014q4 then it better buck up.

You mean 2017q4? :smile: If it is 2014q4 I will be panicking:smile:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

So much of talk and talk about how great these Chinese developers are over locals.
The fact is they haven't even laid the first piece of brick.

As me to trust these developers or locals, I will choose IJMland, Setia, Sunway or even UEM Sunrise anytime.

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much of talk and talk about how great these Chinese developers are over locals.
The fact is they haven't even laid the first piece of brick.

As me to trust these developers or locals, I will choose IJMland, Setia, Sunway or even UEM Sunrise anytime.

To be fair, for Country Garden, the superstructure is very visible already... That is why I am waiting for Phase 2 to start so I can start seeing progress. For Phase 1 piling it is very hard to tell.... I thought R&F would have finished by now.... I guess when they call for Phase 2 payment it would mean substructure is complete. I was told January they would call for Phase 2 payment...

Personally I can't wait till superstructure is rising so that after work I can drive by Woodlands and count floors....

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, for Country Garden, the superstructure is very visible already... That is why I am waiting for Phase 2 to start so I can start seeing progress. For Phase 1 piling it is very hard to tell.... I thought R&F would have finished by now.... I guess when they call for Phase 2 payment it would mean substructure is complete. I was told January they would call for Phase 2 payment...

Personally I can't wait till superstructure is rising so that after work I can drive by Woodlands and count floors....

I take that back. It is kinda not fair to sweep across the board.
Having said that, substructure means the car parks floors are completed. It is either basement or above. I could have missed that one.
Btw, after piling, you still need to wait for sometime to see that the piles had set.

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take that back. It is kinda not fair to sweep across the board.
Having said that, substructure means the car parks floors are completed. It is either basement or above. I could have missed that one.
Btw, after piling, you still need to wait for sometime to see that the piles had set.

Agreed. For my Puteri Cove property, they already claimed money for the phase, meaning I suppose, piling, substructure all set. Still cannot see anything above ground. Pictures look like this... Since R&F has not claimed yet, I suppose they have not reached this stage yet. Hoping they do soon...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1011342342286648.1073741835.845534662200751&type=3