• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For such high class development like PC, I am expecting them to have tiles from Italy, bathtub, shower set, taps from germany. The lifts must be at least the same brand as the one used for Taipei 101, imported from Japan. You will not feel the lift move, silent lift. Cost is secondary, the quality is paramount. Don't tell me everything from china, I will not believe.

Definitely not everything but most of it can be found in China.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was cheap then but now no more cheap cos xchange rate. They are going to switch suppliers.
I am a patriotic Malaysian and I support local developers and local materials.

Sure they can change supplier, but the materials' quality are not gonna be the same again. I am a patriotic Malaysian too and i support foreign developers to develop our beloved State of Johor. This cannot be done by relying on local developers.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
For such high class development like PC, I am expecting them to have tiles from Italy, bathtub, shower set, taps from germany. The lifts must be at least the same brand as the one used for Taipei 101, imported from Japan. You will not feel the lift move, silent lift. Cost is secondary, the quality is paramount. Don't tell me everything from china, I will not believe.

Chinese developer, Chinese building materials, Chinese quality. Support Chinese. :smile:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese developer, Chinese building materials, Chinese quality. Support Chinese. :smile:

China is a super power now. Deserve to be respected by us. Malaysian or Singaporean chinese who always ridicule China developers may have just forgotten their roots. Same like making fun at their own forefather.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
R&F is not cash rich... It is Ba2 negative with Moody's, which is ok, but far from good. Country Garden is Ba2 positive and Greenland is Baa3 something (forget). Bad is Kaisa, which has just had projects suspended in Shenzhen - is Caa negative...

R&F's downgrade from Ba2 stable to Ba2 negative was due to worsening cashflow but it was still making profits. Analysis was middle of 2nd half last year though. Don't know current situation. Should be ok for now. Will monitor and update if anything...

Thanks for providing FACTS bro. Whilst I don't think any of the China companies are going to go bust anytime soon but a downgrade always spells trouble brewing. Actually a Ba2 rating is nothing to shout about. No big deal actually. Yawn. I cannot understand how irresponsible people can make sweeping statements that this company is so much better than local developers. Hahaha.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The constant supply of cut-price luxury housing in Iskandar will put pressure on Sg property. Even if Sg govt remove ABSD, SSD or other measures, I don't think there will be strong rebound.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The constant supply of cut-price luxury housing in Iskandar will put pressure on Sg property. Even if Sg govt remove ABSD, SSD or other measures, I don't think there will be strong rebound.

Chinese developers simply love the land at Danga which near the river. A body of water in front of the house or condo such as a lake, a river or a pond, is excellent feng shui. The units facing the river are the best.... but have to pay premium price for it.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily ghost city wont happen in JB because of a X factor..... Singaporeans and their government for fully supported Iskandar development region. China developers are smart to know this.

Sometimes I wonder if the Sg gov is having second thoughts about backing Iskandar too much. The delay and silence on the RTS is a cae in point. Could something be brewing underneath that the public is being made unaware of? I mean not a single announcement for such a long time.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder if the Sg gov is having second thoughts about backing Iskandar too much. The delay and silence on the RTS is a cae in point. Could something be brewing underneath that the public is being made unaware of? I mean not a single announcement for such a long time.

There wasn't PC when they did the initial planning, now the planners must be scratching their head on how to let the RTS pass though those blocks of buildings to get to bukit changar. Probably that's why so quiet.

ttlew

Thanks for providing FACTS bro. Whilst I don't think any of the China companies are going to go bust anytime soon but a downgrade always spells trouble brewing. Actually a Ba2 rating is nothing to shout about. No big deal actually. Yawn. I cannot understand how irresponsible people can make sweeping statements that this company is so much better than local developers. Hahaha.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if any local developer is same rating or cash rich as China developer? Please provide facts and figures.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore wont back track on this. Without Singapore, Iskandar Development is really nothing.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sometimes I wonder if the Sg gov is having second thoughts about backing Iskandar too much. The delay and silence on the RTS is a cue in point. Could something be brewing underneath that the public is being made unaware of? I mean not a single announcement for such a long time.

There you have it.In One Iressponsible Statement without any facts or evidence, He gives His Two Sens worth of "I'm giving you information for your own good" advice. Sometimes we wonder, why bother reading his comments at all. I must really kowtow to his thick skin face... hahaha

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily ghost city wont happen in JB because of a X factor..... Singaporeans and their government for fully supported Iskandar development region. China developers are smart to know this.

What is this X factor?
Pls provide details.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what position is this R & F?

20150108ChinaProperty_article_main_image.png

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
For everybody's sake, let's just hope that the mighty power of China can fill up the apartments and cities built in China sooner rather later before CNN updates its report on ghost cities in China a few years later.

As for Iskandar, let us just hope that the mighty power of China and two relatively weaker power of Malaysia and Singapore can do much better to create the residents (not just investors) to fill up the thousands of properties coming on stream before CNN reports on ghost cities in Iskandar. For all our sake.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
For everybody's sake, let's just hope that the mighty power of China can fill up the apartments and cities built in China sooner rather later before CNN updates its report on ghost cities in China a few years later.

As for Iskandar, let us just hope that the mighty power of China and two relatively weaker power of Malaysia and Singapore can do much better to create the residents (not just investors) to fill up the thousands of properties coming on stream before CNN reports on ghost cities in Iskandar. For all our sake.

It is always good to think win-win; so we should all wish all developments, including PC success. However, if indeed there is headwind, one must first acknowledges the problems to have any chance of resolving them. Only then will one begins to analyse the causes to formulate and implement solutions to try resolving them, and continuously monitor implementation to gauge effectiveness of implemented solutions. It is rarer than rare that one can wish away any problem.

Just as CSLong has so kind-heartedly highlighted cautionary notes on other developments, these good intents should be reciprocated. Investors can watch the actions of RF to form personal opinions.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Being hopeful is good but I prefer being pragmatic when it come to dollars and sense.
What is alarming is that this highlighted place is Tianjin, the forth largest city in China. It has a population of 14 million.
Of course we hope for the success of every development in Malaysia.

Everyone can build great buildings but is there anyone who make sure that there's job creation or ways to increase the local population?

Last edited: