• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The attached article MAY put the matter to rest http://www.wildsingapore.com/news/20070304/070309-5.htm. It said that for safety reason, Sg usually allow the reclaimed land to settle for 20 years. The article went on to say that buildings on reclaimed land will not sink if they are supported by steel or concrete columns that are hammered all the way into the seabed.

As a matter of fact, Japan's Kansai International Airport, the world's first airport built on reclaimed land, has sunk more than 11.5 metres since construction began in 1987. I guess the authority may have allowed the Changi Airport land to sufficiently settle before building on it.

Yes, multi-storey buildings are all resting on deep piles that reach to the solid stratum in the ground.
Buildings over the reclaimed land are also the same hence the building will not sink.
BUT, its the freshly reclaimed land over which the buildings were built that sinks!!!!
Singapore had allowed about 20 years for natural settlement to prevent this happening.
So here, in time to come, when uneven settlement happens, you'll see cracked roads, large potholes all over, landscaping ruined, etc.
Those smaller low rise buildings with raft foundation on bakau pile will eventually slant and tilt and have cracks all over.
And if you are lucky (or unlucky depend on how you look at it) you may even get to see the exposed foundation under the apartment blocks exposing when the earth sinks.
Anyway, I had also never said anything about sinking apartment blocks.
Only people like Cslong with only limited knowledge dares to argue and bitch and not feel embarrassed.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, multi-storey buildings are all resting on deep piles that reach to the solid stratum in the ground.
Buildings over the reclaimed land are also the same hence the building will not sink.
BUT, its the freshly reclaimed land over which the buildings were built that sinks!!!!
Singapore had allowed about 20 years for natural settlement to prevent this happening.
So here, in time to come, when uneven settlement happens, you'll see cracked roads, large potholes all over, landscaping ruined, etc.
Those smaller low rise buildings with raft foundation on bakau pile will eventually slant and tilt and have cracks all over.
And if you are lucky (or unlucky depend on how you look at it) you may even get to see the exposed foundation under the apartment blocks exposing when the earth sinks.....
Yes..
S'pore style & M'sia style is different :p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes..
S'pore style & M'sia style is different :p

Haha, I can imagine all those problems I had mentioned all happening sooner or later and by then, the developer had already packed and gone back to China leaving the beautiful baby to the clueless owners.
And by then , will the Malaysian company responsible for this project, R&F development Sdn Bhd be still around, left with just a skeleton team or also be deregistered too is an interesting question!

BigMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to be constructive here. Construction of buildings soon after reclaimnation is not unheard of. One of the more famous one is the palm island in Dubai which was constructed from 2001 to 2006. Note that different techniques was used vs RnF which is more traditional method.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Islands

My personal view of this development is more positive, in that RnF is committing to this development for the long run as reclaimnation is not needed for Phase 1 at all. When I buy, the rest of the Phases are not confiirmed at all, I was told by my agent at the time that it may be delayed substantially.

Also RnF is expanding to other countries like Australia. Not likely they will screw up their maiden oversea project and risk others.

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to be constructive here. Construction of buildings soon after reclaimnation is not unheard of. One of the more famous one is the palm island in Dubai which was constructed from 2001 to 2006. Note that different techniques was used vs RnF which is more traditional method.

My personal view of this development is more positive, in that RnF is committing to this development for the long run as reclaimnation is not needed for Phase 1 at all. When I buy, the rest of the Phases are not confiirmed at all, I was told by my agent at the time that it may be delayed substantially.

Also RnF is expanding to other countries like Australia. Not likely they will screw up their maiden oversea project and risk others.

Well said. Only brainless people will say that rnf will build at a freshly reclaimed land.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed totally.

I made the purchase also with the factor that R&F has more to lose if they screw up this maiden overseas project.
Also, I heard good feedback about R&F from my friend based in Guangzhou..

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird, actually what you want to say is:

"Everything built by Malaysian and PRC will sink. You don't believe in Malaysia and China, because these countries are far behind Singapore. Singapore is the best."

Correct me if I am wrong.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Everything built by Malaysian and PRC will sink. You don't believe in Malaysia and China, because these countries are far behind Singapore. Singapore is the best."

i think snowbird trying to say, "I am just out from mental hospital !!". :biggrin:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are absolutely WRONG, I had never said anything like this and you are just way out of context.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. Only brainless people will say that rnf will build at a freshly reclaimed land.

So according to smart view, nothing will be build over that piece of REFRESHLY RECLAIMED LAND and R&F Phase 2 will not be build???
You seems to get more stupid by the day and worse keep contradicting yourself.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think snowbird trying to say, "I am just out from mental hospital !!". :biggrin:

Oops, wrong number! The mad one is the one that keep sniffing behind my back, always keep trolling me!
Don't believe, check my posts and those that followed by that crazy one.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cute and spot on!!

BigMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird, please keep cool. Looking at the progress of sale in Phase 1, I beleieve Phase 2 will be delayed and construction should start in 2 to 3 years minimum. By the time Phase 2 is completed (this will take another 2-3years). The reclaimed land would have being done for around 6-7 years. Which is around the same time as the Palm project in Dubai and PC will face less challenge to erosion from costal wave, which JB unfortunately has none.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird, please keep cool. Looking at the progress of sale in Phase 1, I beleieve Phase 2 will be delayed and construction should start in 2 to 3 years minimum. By the time Phase 2 is completed (this will take another 2-3years). The reclaimed land would have being done for around 6-7 years. Which is around the same time as the Palm project in Dubai and PC will face less challenge to erosion from costal wave, which JB unfortunately has none.

Haha, I have no problems at all and nothing to be uncool about.
Here, we sometimes try to share information so that others can make an informed choice, wouldn't it be nice when some people tell you about certain "possible problems" with the project?
Whether those problems will materialized or not or its all bullshit, its up to the prospective buyer to decide but at least he was forewarned.
When you try make known some flaws or "possible problems" about the project, I can understand that it'll ruffle some feathers cos many are salespeople while some are already owners and such information may jeopardize their sales or future resale.
And it had became a crime to advise other to be cautious.
And there are a couple of people so ready to shoot me down and get bitchy instead of offering their own reasoning to substantiate their believe against mine.
Never mind, I don't gain anything here, just sharing.
So,for those who had purchased, good luck to you.
For those who are considering to buy, just think about what I mentioned earlier and if you're not concerned, go ahead.
For those who know very well that there are indeed hidden or undisclosed flaws and there is also gross misinterpretation but still continue to deny and cheat, then I can only wish them bad luck for their unprofessional and underhand tactics.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understood that phase 1, which was launched, and 2 is on old land. Phase 3 is the office and hotel tower. The reclaimed land plus some old land is for phase 4, which I am sure will be many years later. Phase 5, partially reclaimed land is on the other side of causeway.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just interested about private land reclamation by private entity. I would think that usually, land reclamation is carried out by the State who then sells it to developer. Buyers of such land owns "land", not the "sea" before reclamation work. When land reclamation works are carried out by developer, instead of contractors on behalf of the State, not sure what legal process it goes through. Would it attract a different "development charge" as it is theoretically a 2-stage process, sea-to-land before the development?

BigMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understood that phase 1, which was launched, and 2 is on old land. Phase 3 is the office and hotel tower. The reclaimed land plus some old land is for phase 4, which I am sure will be many years later. Phase 5, partially reclaimed land is on the other side of causeway.

Thanks enjoylife77, now I understand the build up of the site better.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL. You cannot win an argument with a moron. It's always funny to see how he keeps putting his foot into his mouth everyday. Best part He is not even an owner of RnF but only a half
Baked salesman cum feng shui master cum town planner cum policeman cum custom officer n the list goes on.

Isn't it nice to have a couple of morons and clowns here? We can have some fun and it also makes the forum much lighter.
Haha Haha Hahaha!

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this in another forum...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Dear Sir/ Madam,

Greetings from xxx from Singapore, you had contacted us previously for R&F Princess Cove @Tanjung Puteri JB via Call/ SMS/ Web Enquiry.
We thank you again for your interest in this project, and congrat to those who had secured an unit here.

Here, we would like to bring you a good news that we have successfully obtained the approval from the authority to waive the requirement for minimum purchase price of RM1 mil for foreigner, i.e Foreigners can buy below RM1 mil in this project.

Pricing:

The price psf range from RM750 psf to RM1350 psf depending on the floor and facing.
Studio left last 3 units at A1-7, stack 6: 19th at RM510 K, 27th at RM520K, 33th at RM530K
2bedroom fr RM6xx K
3bedroom fr RM9xx K

*price quoted before the early bird discount.

Sales Package:
1. Average Price: RM1,000 psf
2. FREE SPA & Loan Legal Fee
3. FREE Loan Stamp Duty
4. 6% Discount of SPA Price Upon Downpayment
5. RM20K voucher upon vacant possession - Foreigner only. (Not applicable to Studio units)
6. RM20K for MOT - Local only. (Not applicable to Studio units)

Book by 31th Dec and stand a chance to win yourself a TV, Macbook, Ipad or Iphone!

Due to the waive of the restriction and it's year end now, the pricing might revised for 2015/ or after Chinese New Year. If you're keen, do consider it asap.

Let me know if you're interested. We can make an appointment at our Show Gallery at East Coast Road, Singapore or any other place convenient to you. Looking forward to your reply.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any agent here??
What's going on now??
Is there a firesale going on?