• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cash-strapped Singaporean execs struggle to make ends meet each month: report

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
bit confused about what you meant. As far as I know, there are many jobs with title executives e.g. shipping operations exec with typical salary of $1.8k to $2.2k, HR exec of about $2.5k. The real exec I am talking about are e.g. those MNCs tower head , their corporate title are executives, functional title could be something else. Those are easily earning above $10k.

The thread here is not about 'job title'. The whole story line centres on ppl are unable to cope or manage their own personal finances, IRREGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH THEY EARN or what shit title they hold.

As usual I can't expect ppl who only end up in life looking for jobs like a taxi driver to understand the underlining meaning of almost anything he reads. Makes it so much easier for the Pappies to 'manage such ppl with confusing schemes and policies'.

If you cannot fix the mirror buying a better quality one would be a much better choice.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bit confused about what you meant. As far as I know, there are many jobs with title executives e.g. shipping operations exec with typical salary of $1.8k to $2.2k, HR exec of about $2.5k. The real exec I am talking about are e.g. those MNCs tower head , their corporate title are executives, functional title could be something else. Those are easily earning above $10k.

It is like calling sinkieland a first world country.. But a real first world country has real personal rights and democracy and their cleaners are paid $2500 or more per month.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are earning about 3k,you are not call executive, sinkies.. You are call project task runners or Co ordinator, just like those factory workers are call organic machine processors.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are right, tony...it's just a name. last time, a company pays me $3.6k to be a project manager, damn siong cos' have to entertain those cronies from marine parade GRC. i quitted after 3 months...damn siong, have to put up with their personal agendas. seems to me they are all waiting to be called VIP.:o

If you are earning about 3k,you are not call executive, sinkies.. You are call project task runners or Co ordinator, just like those factory workers are call organic machine processors.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you are right, tony...it's just a name. last time, a company pays me $3.6k to be a project manager, damn siong cos' have to entertain those cronies from marine parade GRC. i quitted after 3 months...damn siong, have to put up with their personal agendas. seems to me they are all waiting to be called VIP.:o

I don't understand sinkies,, earning 3k per month is slavery exploitation..
People should be earning 30k or more per month..

Sinkies are losers. And sinkies seems to be proud that they are earning 3k or 5k..Sounds kind of stupid.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every once in a while, these VIPs will call for meeting at their CC in the night, maciam like some kind of board room.:biggrin:

I don't understand sinkies,, earning 3k per month is slavery exploitation..
People should be earning 30k or more per month..

Sinkies are losers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Other than fines there are all the hidden taxes like CPF. The PAP gov't claims that they are keeping it for the citizens. That is what they told my parents decades ago & this is what they are telling the current generation. Even the PAP supporters don't believe the PAP anymore.

There is also the water conservation tax. Anyone remember the radio & TV tax? Don't forget the user tax for car owners e.g. COE, ERP, road tax, fuel tax, ... Of course you don't need to buy a car but you then face the ever increasing fares of public transport.

That's a ridiculous argument. It is up to each individual to live within their means. All countries have their taxes and many people in the world pay far higher taxes than Singaporeans do.

As for maids if you can't afford one you shouldn't have one. I could never afford a maid in Singapore. We had to do our own housework and make other arrangements when it came to looking after the vulnerable. If I was to fault the PAP it's that they made the hiring of maids far too easy. It has turned half of Singapore into mini tyrants.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
........... It is up to each individual to live within their means. .......

Well said, I did not add to your points because computer said must spread around, so how about a video :biggrin:

[video=youtube;78-4RobJQ0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-4RobJQ0Y[/video]

Last edited:

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me count Monthly expenditure for a chao executive:

Salary $3000 minus 20% CPF = $2400 to spent

Basic essentials:
salon haircut $50
dry clean $100
lunch $200
coffee $120
dinner $200
gym $150
rent or housing loan or study loan $1000
phone bill $60
after work drinks $100
daily transport $100
buy clothes, shirt, trousers, shoes, necktie, suit for one month etc $300
total $2380

Left $20 to save for condoms or a movie ticket.

evcxaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me count Monthly expenditure for a chao executive:

Salary $3000 minus 20% CPF = $2400 to spent

Basic essentials:
salon haircut $50
dry clean $100
lunch $200
coffee $120
dinner $200
gym $150
rent or housing loan or study loan $1000
phone bill $60
after work drinks $100
daily transport $100
buy clothes, shirt, trousers, shoes, necktie, suit for one month etc $300
total $2380

Left $20 to save for condoms or a movie ticket.

Define chao

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Getting into debt is a result of personal decisions. It has nothing to do with government policy.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. It has everything to do with the PAP Government. We don't live in a vacuum. The government policies impact us and most of the PAP's policies have made us poorer. No one wants to get into debt. Often it is out of necessity such as to pay for overpriced and mediocre healthcare.
With $1700 median take home pay, it is no wonder that many sinkees are in debt.

LKY was my PM for many years and not once did he do or say anything that encouraged debt. In fact, he always preached prudence.
Empty words though ...he made sinkees work like dogs for pittance and live like one.

I too only took a loan for housing and paid upfront for everything else including my car. The PAP did nothing to exploit me or any of my family. In fact they did the exact opposite by creating opportunities for all of us to prosper.
Most sinkees are not the favoured under the PAP.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for maids if you can't afford one you shouldn't have one. I could never afford a maid in Singapore. We had to do our own housework and make other arrangements when it came to looking after the vulnerable. If I was to fault the PAP it's that they made the hiring of maids far too easy. It has turned half of Singapore into mini tyrants.

Reality in Spore is that the husband & wife need to work to survive in Spore.
A maid becomes a necessity if you have children & older parents. Under the PAP Sporeans are on their own when it comes to child care or looking after senior citizens. Countries like Canada are very pro-family & they have all kinds of benefits if you have children e.g. tax exemptions, monetary incentives, no gst on child related goods,... Day care is accessible & affordable. Health care is cheap there. If you are poor it is even free.

I know someone who relocated from Spore to Canada & eventually brought up 7 children:eek:
He is not a muslim just someone who likes children. There is no way he could have had so many children in Spore.

This help is extended to the senior citizens. As a senior citizen you get concessions for various services e.g. bus services, cinemas, admission to university, museums,.... They don't have to worry about medical expenses because of the good healthcare system.

These benefits is extended to ALL Canadians rich & poor. You don't need to be a grass roots member, have a lobang, vote for the party in power,...

In Spore there are no free lunches even for the senior citizens who help build this nation. Unless of course you are an elite. I'm disappointed with the PAP because they have made so much from Spore & Sporeans & given back so little to the "lesser mortals". They don't even want to return the people's CPF:eek:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays earning 2K and below you are called a POOR in Singapore.

Earning 5K is just too little in Singapore nowadays.

Everything in town is so expensive. A lunch will probably will set you back by $10 plus dinner another $20.

You eat in hawker centre, food court or restaurant?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why sinkapore calls a person earning $2k a month an executive...executives are senior management like the C officers, CIO, CTO, CEO, CFO etc.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is like calling sinkieland a first world country.. But a real first world country has real personal rights and democracy and their cleaners are paid $2500 or more per month.

Like in your country Malaysia? Cleaners earn > U$2500?