• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cash-strapped Singaporean execs struggle to make ends meet each month: report

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. Living beyond their income.
Eg, buy car/new phone very year or few month...............................

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The survey covered Singaporean candidates holding executive positions across various industries.35% of the candidates surveyed have basic salaries ranging from $2,500 to $3,500 per month. 29% of resp

At 3.5k, with commitment on hdb, car and credit card, will definitely be stretching it.
Living within one means is most important, not sure if this is taught to one's children is even more critical.

A person could be earning 20k/month, but spending 25k, would be in the same situation too.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The survey covered Singaporean candidates holding executive positions across various industries.35% of the candidates surveyed have basic salaries ranging from $2,500 to $3,500 per month. 29% of resp

At 3.5k, with commitment on hdb, car and credit card, will definitely be stretching it.
Living within one means is most important, not sure if this is taught to one's children is even more critical.

A person could be earning 20k/month, but spending 25k, would be in the same situation too.

They tot, let the good times roll since earning 1k can also afford to purchase a Pigeon Hole.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What? No problem at all lah. Got mid year bonus, year end bonus, aws, gdp bonus, performance bonus, inflation adjustment, payscale adjustments, so many terms that i stop keeping track. Got money i just take. Silly report, never ask me. Interviewing all the wrong people again. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm from the old school who feels uncomfortable about getting into debt. The only time I got into debt was when I got a mortgage to pay for my home. Fortunately I managed to pay it off long ago.

I don't see how anyone can live with so much debt. It must be a constant worry & I suspect i one of the reasons many people are bald or/and have all the white hair, Much of the problems can be traced to the PAP. People were so stupid to allow LKY & company to exploit them all these years. They never consider the true cost e.g. their CPF, housing, all the expensive utilities, COE, ERP, GST, maid levy, ....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm from the old school who feels uncomfortable about getting into debt. The only time I got into debt was when I got a mortgage to pay for my home. Fortunately I managed to pay it off long ago.

I don't see how anyone can live with so much debt. It must be a constant worry & I suspect i one of the reasons many people are bald or/and have all the white hair, Much of the problems can be traced to the PAP. People were so stupid to allow LKY & company to exploit them all these years. They never consider the true cost e.g. their CPF, housing, all the expensive utilities, COE, ERP, GST, maid levy, ....

Getting into debt is a result of personal decisions. It has nothing to do with government policy.

LKY was my PM for many years and not once did he do or say anything that encouraged debt. In fact, he always preached prudence.

I too only took a loan for housing and paid upfront for everything else including my car. The PAP did nothing to exploit me or any of my family. In fact they did the exact opposite by creating opportunities for all of us to prosper.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck lah the term exec has been abused. HR exec earning is about 2.5k . The real exec are all earning 10k above.

If the reality is so good in Sinkland according to you, then you would not need to be so desperate to be a taxi driver.

You better get that mirror of yours ...fixed!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Getting into debt is a result of personal decisions. It has nothing to do with government policy.

LKY was my PM for many years and not once did he do or say anything that encouraged debt. In fact, he always preached prudence.

I too only took a loan for housing and paid upfront for everything else including my car. The PAP did nothing to exploit me or any of my family. In fact they did the exact opposite by creating opportunities for all of us to prosper.

I wish the PAP would practice what they preach.

If you visit Spore you will see the AXS kiosks in the malls. I suggest look under the section labelled "Fines" where you can pay fines to over 10+ different gov't bodies:eek:

Other than fines there are all the hidden taxes like CPF. The PAP gov't claims that they are keeping it for the citizens. That is what they told my parents decades ago & this is what they are telling the current generation. Even the PAP supporters don't believe the PAP anymore.

There is also the water conservation tax. Anyone remember the radio & TV tax? Don't forget the user tax for car owners e.g. COE, ERP, road tax, fuel tax, ... Of course you don't need to buy a car but you then face the ever increasing fares of public transport.

If you need a maid to look after the old & young, you must pay the PAP a cut. It is called the maid levy. You will also have to pay the doctors fee for a pregnancy test every 6 months.
If you eat at a food court/hawker centre you are paying for the high rentals. Even if you are just buying groceries there is a gst on food items & in the bill reflects the cost the NTUC is paying for rentals, utilities,...

These are just some of the costs that the PAP is responsible for.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the reality is so good in Sinkland according to you, then you would not need to be so desperate to be a taxi driver.

You better get that mirror of yours ...fixed!

bit confused about what you meant. As far as I know, there are many jobs with title executives e.g. shipping operations exec with typical salary of $1.8k to $2.2k, HR exec of about $2.5k. The real exec I am talking about are e.g. those MNCs tower head , their corporate title are executives, functional title could be something else. Those are easily earning above $10k.