• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TV discussion - Plasma, LCD, LED, OLED etc etc which one to get and why?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am very confused with today's TV technology. To start with we have LCD, Plasma, LED, OLED what more are there and which to buy now?

Then there is the non HD and the HD I am sure there are more than that maybe super HD or something, once again which should one get for the latest. Please advise also about the resolution numbers very confusing.

Then I saw now also have curved TV this one can buy not? Will make viewer dizzy not?

Oh someone told me also can surf the internet and watch Youtube direct then again aren't Youtube videos very blur so HD is no use? And must buy keyboard to do this not?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
plasma has the best pixel display, but it's heavy and very power consuming...

the latest trend seems to be led, light weight but less sharp.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very embarrassing to ask all these I guess I'm like this guy

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
all this technology is good, but quality nowadays horrible....TV use 1-2 years will start giving problems

my Sony Bravia screen started to warp and ended up machiam like stretch marks immediately after 2 years....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
all this technology is good, but quality nowadays horrible....TV use 1-2 years will start giving problems

my Sony Bravia screen started to warp and ended up machiam like stretch marks immediately after 2 years....
my LG 55 inch after 2 years still strong...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Frog...buy a SMART HD...i prefer LG cos of the Magix remote like a mouse...so it is easier to surf the net on the 55inch...

Also with so many HDMI slots, u can fix hell lots of devices to it.

I fixed my home security cameras, Minix Movie box, a super mini computer and the usual DVD player to the damn thing...:biggrin:

So everything is in one huge 55 inch monitor...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Frog...buy a SMART HD...i prefer LG cos of the Magix remote like a mouse...so it is easier to surf the net on the 55inch...

I fixed my home security cameras, Minix Movie box, a super mini computer and the usual DVD player to the damn thing...:biggrin:

Someone told me early this week too that LG is good in facr better than Samsung in terms of pic quality.

Now a days 55" and 65" about how much ah?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

55" is normal these days, my room is using 55", certainly not huge. I recommend LG UHD TV, cheap and the passive 3D is stunning.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
55" is normal these days, my room is using 55", certainly not huge. I recommend LG UHD TV, cheap and the passive 3D is stunning.

Oh I saw on display before 3D TV look blur I think like cinema need those blue/red specs right?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
frog...an above average LG 55 inch about 3 k plus onli lah... i am sure it is peanuts to you :biggrin:

Planters-Peanuts-Pile.jpg

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I plan to get one of those 4k TVs as prices are falling. Unfortunately my current LED TV shows no signs of problems.
I think those curved screens are a gimmick. Also not practical if you have a larger family because how can so many people sit on the sweet spot of the TV:confused:

I'm also interested to know about the quality. Anyone have any experience with Panasonic TVs:confused:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I plan to get one of those 4k TVs as prices are falling. Unfortunately my current LED TV shows no signs of problems.
I think those curved screens are a gimmick. Also not practical if you have a larger family because how can so many people sit on the sweet spot of the TV:confused:

I'm also interested to know about the quality. Anyone have any experience with Panasonic TVs:confused:

I think all reputable brands are the same...
Whatever it is, dun ever buy those Akira shit.

Also, some reputable brands manufacture in Ah Tiong land, like Sony...hence u see froummer crackhead (above) is having problems...

So, best advice is to ask the sales guy ... where it is made even for a reputable brand...

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the viewing of the picture at the sides of a curve tv is more clear than the convention flat tv.

ideal when you have many persons viewing at same time.

go to a tv showroom to see the difference.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I plan to get one of those 4k TVs as prices are falling. Unfortunately my current LED TV shows no signs of problems.I think those curved screens are a gimmick. Also not practical if you have a larger family because how can so many people sit on the sweet spot of the TV:confused:I'm also interested to know about the quality. Anyone have any experience with Panasonic TVs:confused:
As in $4,000 TV? Think it a bit expensive 3k is probably more reasonable