• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kwan Yin Temple...just wondering....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing to do today so went to walk around Kwan Yin Temple... said my peace inside the temple...

Just a few questions and wondering if forummers here can assist me...

1. Joss sticks are provided free by the Temple...why do people still buy from the joss sticks hawkers outside?

2. The hawkers just outside the Temple also sell flowers. They will ask everyone who is walking towards the Temple to buy...never bought before..but i see lots of people buying...and then u put inside the Temple and then? Are they recycled and out for sale again by the hawkers outside?

3. The fortune tellers outside the Temple...if u believe in Buddhism...everything is fated...why do u need fortune tellers???

4. Today...also got some souls wearing Polo shirts with some 365 logo asking charity for cancer...is it a legitimate charity?

5. I see lots of people praying opposite direction inside the Temple...why huh?

Anyway... i now eating nearby and filing this post....hehehe :biggrin:

Why don't you use go fucked yourself and die there.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am a regular at kwan yin temple. there must be a reason for pple to go pray there, some things in life is not explainable. moreover, i am quite a cheena guy and i believe in goddess of mercy.

But u celebrate christmas

only hindu celebrate christmas

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
But u celebrate christmas

only hindu celebrate christmas

Aiyah beliefs are beliefs...as long as the god whichever u want to pray to teach you be good...it is ok...there is no evidence that which god is better or which god is the true god lah...

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah beliefs are beliefs...as long as the god whichever u want to pray to teach you be good...it is ok...there is no evidence that which god is better or which god is the true god lah...

Ok ....

u try ask a xitian like ms yeo or xebay go temple.
see what kind of response u get.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Ok ....

u try ask a xitian like ms yeo or xebay go temple.
see what kind of response u get.

bro...believe what you want to believe...even if u dun believe in anything,...just do good...:biggrin:

and to each his or her own...:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still prefer the design and architecture of this Chinese temple. The Waterloo Street one looks cheap by comparison.

[video=youtube;7liFzsZxeZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7liFzsZxeZY[/video]

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
One question to all going to temples people.

Do you always get your prayers answered?

If not why do you go everytime?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
One question to all going to temples people.

Do you always get your prayers answered?

If not why do you go everytime?

do you only pray to whoever god u believe in only when u have requests?
cant i go there and give thanks for the peace and security that i enjoy?

i treat every visit like thanksgiving...:biggrin: