• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Wah Piow rebuts Sam Tan point by point

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Sam,

I am heartened that you have managed to find time to read my two recent articles published on The Online Citizen. Both were written in response to the banning of To Singapore With Love.

I am however rather puzzled by your failure to adequately defend the government’s position. Given that you made the effort to put your thoughts to paper, I am somewhat disappointed by the arguments that you have raised.

You will recall that in my first article “Who is threatening Singapore’s National Security”, I argued that the banning of Tan Pin Pin’s film on the lives of exiles under the guise of “national security’ was in breach of Article 14 rights of Singaporeans to Freedom of Expression. Plainly speaking and in my opinion, it is a wholly untenable argument. That said, I and I am sure many other Singaporeans, are very open to hearing your views on this. Your silence on this issue is therefore deafening.

In my second article “The making of a new political folklore”, I commented on the successful screenings in London of the banned film. In it, I observed:

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...course-on-constitutional-rights-tan-wah-piow/