• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Burger King enters Indian market with beef-free burger

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
India is the world's second most populated country and a huge huge market. Vegetarian burgers look like they're set for humongous sales in this rapidly modernising market. Have to take our hats off to the Yankees for marketing, they are indeed quick to cash in this market. I personally think that fast food burgers suck, but they sell.

Cheers!

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Consumers/Burger-King-enters-India-with-beef-free-Whoppers

November 11, 2014 9:51 am JST

Burger King enters India with beef-free Whoppers

KIRAN SHARMA, Nikkei staff writer

NEW DELHI -- Burger King, the U.S. fast food chain, opened its first outlet in New Delhi with beef and pork missing from the menu but chicken, lamb and fresh cheese delicacies to entice locals.
The launch of Burger King at the Select Citywalk, a popular shopping mall in the Indian capital, also marked the Miami-based hamburger chain's opening in its 100th country.
"It is fitting that the celebration of our 100th country is happening in India, a vibrant and exciting marketplace," Elias Diaz Sese, president of Burger King Asiapac, said in a statement.
The Burger King brand is being developed in India in partnership with Singapore-headquartered Everstone Capital, an investment company focused on India and Southeast Asia. The pioneering New Delhi outlet is equipped with dual production lines -- one vegetarian and one for meat-based fare. Even the staff on the two sides are different.
Burger King, the second largest hamburger chain in the world after McDonald's, has kept its Indian menu free of beef and pork in deference to the beliefs of Hindus and Muslims. Its team "spent months developing a unique locally sourced menu that has been researched and tested by more than 5,000 customers across 8 cities", the fast food chain said.
Menu includes vegetarian, mutton and chicken Whopper sandwiches, chicken Tandoor grill, and the King's Paneer Melt made from a fresh cheese popular in Indian cuisine.
"We are extremely pleased to launch this iconic brand into one of the largest and most dynamic consumer markets in the world," said Sameer Sain, co-founder and managing partner at Everstone Capital. "The response has been overwhelming and we look forward to delivering exceptional food and an extraordinary guest experience as we continue to open outlets across the country."
Further openings in New Delhi and Mumbai are planned along with expansion into new cities and regions in 2015, the company said.
According to retail consultancy Technopak, the Indian food service market will soar to $92 billion by 2020 from the current $48 billion. Of this, the $3-billion chain restaurant segment is expected to see some of the fastest growth rate, and touch $8 billion by 2020.
"In India, McDonald's is the only significant player, though Dunkin and KFC are also present," Arvind Singhal, chairman and managing director of Technopak, told the Nikkei Asian Review, describing the U.S. fast food presence in India.
"Overall, even if you combine all the three together, their penetration is very, very limited," said Singhal. "Personally, I feel very optimistic about Burger King's entry into India -- I think it will only expand the market further."
Singhal noted that there has been a lot of pressure on the fast food and casual dining restaurants in India over the last three years with high inflation and low consumer income: "In the next 12 months, if the inflation moderates further and consumer spending increases with economic growth, discretionary spending on eating out will increase too. I think it's a good timing for Burger King to open in India."
Singhal also commended Burger King's inclusion of lamb as an alternate meat choice: "They have added lamb which is not there in the product mix of any of the main players in India," he said. "McDonald's doesn't have a lamb burger. As far as red meat goes, at least there is an option at the Burger King restaurant."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about veggie burgers? McDonald's did it. :wink:

[video=youtube;SIilFsZkagA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIilFsZkagA[/video]

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Seems like the BK outlets in Sinkiestan is going kaput soon, judging by the way the burger size is reduced, and the reduction in the number of outlets that they have around the island...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I havent' been to India before, but just checked with my colleague and he told me they have vegetarian burgers in India for quite some time already. Myself am not attracted to veggie burger, but it nevertheless is a big market. McDonald's is a world leader in their field and I am not surprised by the news, just that it never crossed my mind to sell anything there, or working there. Wouldn't mind a visit or tour just for the experience though.

Cheers!

How about veggie burgers? McDonald's did it. :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't eat there and won't miss them if they go, but I think there is enough business/customers in Singapore to keep them going. As long as the rent isn't raised by the landlord, they should survive.

Cheers!

Seems like the BK outlets in Sinkiestan is going kaput soon, judging by the way the burger size is reduced, and the reduction in the number of outlets that they have around the island...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I havent' been to India before, but just checked with my colleague and he told me they have vegetarian burgers in India for quite some time already. Myself am not attracted to veggie burger, but it nevertheless is a big market. McDonald's is a world leader in their field and I am not surprised by the news, just that it never crossed my mind to sell anything there, or working there. Wouldn't mind a visit or tour just for the experience though.

Cheers!

A burger is a burger, that is why they called it a HAMBURGER or CHICKEN BURGER....you put vegetables only between them...it os bread with vegetables...not a burger, more like Vegetable BREAD.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes it seems like your hands are growing bigger whenever you pick up a burger.

It is only when you try to grip a football or basketball that reality hits you. :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose a more accurate description would be a pattie sandwich. Also, there isn't any ham in hamburger. I remember during university days, there was a burger outlet close to campus called Hamburger Station. Their burgers were only so-so, but their onion rings were something to die for. Often when I passed by, would drop by to pick up some Onion Rings. Haven't come across onion rings like those since, they were huge, thick, and had a bite to it that was flavourful.

Cheers!

A burger is a burger, that is why they called it a HAMBURGER or CHICKEN BURGER....you put vegetables only between them...it os bread with vegetables...not a burger, more like Vegetable BREAD.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cow Dung burger..........and Cow Pee McFlurry.........

hope US fast food do well in India.......make money from ah nehs and make them fat and sick too..........then US drug companies make extra money........then India life expectancy drop........

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
In every country health took a nosedive when these fast food cunts showed up.

Thai girls were slim and sexy, as were the filipinas…they all look like pigs now.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They are sure cutting down manpower and service that helps save costs, but worsening their business. At any time of the day, every outlet only has one opened counter and one super-long queue, some people just give up.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Burger King has far reaching outlets.

In fact, they will be opening a store in the the province of Mazandaran, a rugged terrain, I must add.:o:cool: