• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy ngerng: I am tired and i do not know if i can still carry on the fight

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctor, what you say is true. Helping the masses is a lonely and thankless undertaking. And in sinkapore, it is also ruinous to your livelihood.

In every society, there are the idealists who believe that they can rally the people and bring about the change for the better. Ordinary Roy just started and if he perseveres, he will succeed. The ground is ripe for a change. There are enough facts out there for a narrative that will appeal to the people and get them to vote in a new government.

Voting in a new government will do nothing.

The problems with Singapore are fundamental. A lack of space. There is only so much you can do on that island. It is near peak already.

The government has actually done a wonderful job in trying to maintain that level of economic performance all these years. But as you know, there is eventually a finite limit to how many people the island can hold.

I would say that limit is probably 30 million.

all this talk about CPF and money money money. Seriously, no money in the world can change the fact about limited space. To grow bigger blood must be shed. And no one will want that. However overcrowding increases tensions within and risk of bloodshed as well.

With the best governance, a successful Singapore in 50 years will probably have a population of about 15 million. Cost of land will be the highest in the world by far. Cars will be virtually non existent. I would not want to live in that kind of environment much less raise children.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problems with Singapore are fundamental. A lack of space. There is only so much you can do on that island. It is near peak already.

The government has actually done a wonderful job in trying to maintain that level of economic performance all these years. But as you know, there is eventually a finite limit to how many people the island can hold.

all this talk about CPF and money money money. Seriously, no money in the world can change the fact about limited space. To grow bigger blood must be shed. And no one will want that. However overcrowding increases tensions within and risk of bloodshed as well.

With the best governance, a successful Singapore in 50 years will probably have a population of about 15 million. Cost of land will be the highest in the world by far. Cars will be virtually non existent. I would not want to live in that kind of environment much less raise children.

You must be crazy. This small island should hold no more than 4 million people. It is sheer insanity to pack humans like sardines in a can.

There comes a point in time when you simply must give up on the economic Ponzi scheme. Wisdom is accepting some things in life which you cannot change.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got balls revolt lah Sinkie.. turn it back to a fishing village and start anew.

Want this but don't want that...chose and pick and now self sabo by own ppl who called themselves Elites.

And another party going by PBP comes along and create the same shit 40 years down the road.

No space don't be No. 1 in everything....hell and heaven have NO PLAYING OF NUMBER GAME , YOU KNOW? LOL

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

im curious,why would voting in a new government do nothing?we are here to change PAP's policy,undo the damage they have done.

our goal is to seek a sustainable economy and gdp that suits our native population's needs and seek to attain a optimal way of life that scandinavian countries have.

not PAP's insane policy of economic growth at all cost and treating their citizens as low cost labour and high volume cattle farm.singapore's widening rich poor gap and increasing gini will only serve to tear the country apart in the end,even if not in this generation

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, it will change things for the better. We need a country that sinkees can truly be a part of. Enough of 50 years of we tell you what to do governing which has made sinkees stupid.
Look at small countries like Finland, Sweden ...they are doing just fine.

There is only a lack of space if you put too many people in that tiny space. We have gone about developing the island wrongly.

Economic growth at what cost? They did well in the early years ...even then, it was not original thinking, they took the advice of Dutch economists. Then the PAP became gung ho and decided to chart their own way. Now, it is floundering as it doesn't know how to bring the economy to a level like that of other developed country.

You are nuts.

You will retire with a pension indexed to inflation while sinkees will only have their CPF money which is earning negative real returns. Of course, CPF is an issue worth fighting for.
Space is a constaint but there are successful small countries. The trick is not try to be the jack of all trades and master of none. That's a tested development strategy. Yet, the PAP want to do things different - be low cost, be financial hub, be manufacturing base etc. That rojak development policy leads to flooding of our land with a foreign population greater than the locals. Yet the infrastructure wasn't improve to cater to that explosion in population.
I have nowhere to go, so I have to make sinkapore work.

Please lah, sinkapore government sucks.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sinkies are gutless cowards. If you give them enough money, they will walk away in the face of injustice and bullying. It has worked for every GE. That's partly why I don't trust the SAF to stand and fight in a war, or the police to stand and fight if foreigners riot in big numbers. Proven partially right in the Little India riot. Our poodles ran away, and would only come back when they outnumbered the rioters.

Roy is fvcked!

U mean to say that 40% who voted against the PAP are gutless? Your statement makes no sense. The SAF will fight for itself, and for their families, as all citizen armies do, if ever invaded.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The challenge for Roy is to find a way to get sinkees to walk with him. Many have tried and failed. Maybe Ordinary Roy can succeed, who knows. Someone will succeed. The ground is ripe for change and if the other parties play the game their way, instead of the PAP way, they will succeed in turfing the PAP out.

Roy has not figured out that he don't need to get people to walk with him in protest and rallies to be with him. People who previously voted the PAP and now plan to vote oppo at the next election are also with him. Its just that they are not willing to expose themselves at Hong LIm and stand with him for the police to film them and use facial recognition software to find out who they are. There is no doubt that there is substantial support for his view. He easily raised money for his defence fund. People who give their money to him (and they could be in the thousands) are putting their money where their mouths are. These are the same people who support him but do it in a different way. Roy should not say that singaporeans do not support him simply because they did not rise up with him. These people who gave him money obviously supported him. And more will support him at the next election. Lets wait and see what will happen than.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The problem with singapore is a lack of space? Seriously? Have you ever lived in singapore? The problem is not space. There are only 3.3 millon native born singaporeans, of which at any one time, 1/3 are permanently living, retired, working, or migrated overseas. I never felt crowded when the population was 2.3 million in the 80s, and the first MRT stations were build. I feel very crowded today, and its not due to the lack of space. Its due to the large number of FTs allowed into singapore by the PAP. When you add 2 million people and plan to increase the population to 6.9 million, than it becomes and issue of too many people. Not an issue of lack of space. If you send the 2 million people back to their countries tomorrow, there is lots of space left for the remaining singaporeans.

If the govt has done such a wonderful job of economic performance, than why is it that singaporeans don't feel it? 2 million filipinos, PRCs, Burmese, Thais, Indons, etc that would have otherwise been unemployed in their home countries agree with you. The govt has certainly provided them with great paying jobs, a first rate MRT system, etc.

I can only conclude that you are an idiot or a PAP cock sucker.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with singapore is a lack of space? Seriously? Have you ever lived in singapore? The problem is not space. There are only 3.3 millon native born singaporeans, of which at any one time, 1/3 are permanently living, retired, working, or migrated overseas. I never felt crowded when the population was 2.3 million in the 80s, and the first MRT stations were build. I feel very crowded today, and its not due to the lack of space. Its due to the large number of FTs allowed into singapore by the PAP. When you add 2 million people and plan to increase the population to 6.9 million, than it becomes and issue of too many people. Not an issue of lack of space. If you send the 2 million people back to their countries tomorrow, there is lots of space left for the remaining singaporeans.

If the govt has done such a wonderful job of economic performance, than why is it that singaporeans don't feel it? 2 million filipinos, PRCs, Burmese, Thais, Indons, etc that would have otherwise been unemployed in their home countries agree with you. The govt has certainly provided them with great paying jobs, a first rate MRT system, etc.

I can only conclude that you are an idiot or a PAP cock sucker.

u know something,i can deal with not having space if i didnt have to face fts all fucking day long.can they build a few ghettos in the west of singapore and house all fts there?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the conclusion is that the pap have done such a good job that the majority is not compelled to rock the boat that gives them a comfortable life, not the best in the world, but enough to be contented with. only the seriously marginalized and those on the fringe are willing to show their displeasure in public. to go the extra step of being a constant pain in the pap's neck by protesting, standing in public places with signs, and giving speeches day in day out, only the extremely disenfranchised handful would do that. but if the pap were to recognize their short comings, make adjustments and sweeten the ground with tidbits to entice those on the borderline, the (embarrassingly small) crowd would disappear at these public protests. the vast majority would still vote for the pap if the pap were to display humility, admit mistakes and faults, and compromise to win back those on the fence. the oppo have some success due to pap intransigence and stubborn execution of unpopular policies. not because of oppos' better field of candidates and sympathetic hearing and addressing of voters' grievance. the moment the pap relent on unpopular policy implementation and give in to the fringe, you'll find cricket chirping on the oppo side. and the moment the pap bend over backwards to the tiny fringe, it would be the end of sg. unpopular but long term policies of survival (bitter pills) cannot be usurped by tyranny of the few or the fringe. the pap should be lauded for their backbone and the resistance to pamper to the frivolous demands of pleasure-seeking, feet-stomping, welfare-seeking, protectionist, and cash-flaunting sinkies with a selfish and spoilt attitude. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the conclusion is that the pap have done such a good job that the majority is not compelled to rock the boat that gives them a comfortable life, not the best in the world, but enough to be contented with. only the seriously marginalized and those on the fringe are willing to show their displeasure in public. to go the extra step of being a constant pain in the pap's neck by protesting, standing in public places with signs, and giving speeches day in day out, only the extremely disenfranchised handful would do that. but if the pap were to recognize their short comings, make adjustments and sweeten the ground with tidbits to entice those on the borderline, the (embarrassingly small) crowd would disappear at these public protests. the vast majority would still vote for the pap if the pap were to display humility, admit mistakes and faults, and compromise to win back those on the fence. the oppo have some success due to pap intransigence and stubborn execution of unpopular policies. not because of oppos' better field of candidates and sympathetic hearing and addressing of voters' grievance. the moment the pap relent on unpopular policy implementation and give in to the fringe, you'll find cricket chirping on the oppo side. and the moment the pap bend over backwards to the tiny fringe, it would be the end of sg. unpopular but long term policies of survival (bitter pills) cannot be usurped by tyranny of the few or the fringe. the pap should be lauded for their backbone and the resistance to pamper to the frivolous demands of pleasure-seeking, feet-stomping, welfare-seeking, protectionist, and cash-flaunting sinkies with a selfish and spoilt attitude. :rolleyes:

i had no idea sinkies were so easily content,i remember even one minister asking them whether they want 3 meals at hawker,food court or restaurant.

let me tell u everyday when i walk by this shopping mall and i see this french restaurant proclaiming the most amazing delicieux poulet chicken,mocking me with the renaissance parissente decor and sexy 1950s franciases chansons d'amour music coming from the gramaphone,i feel a tinge of sadness that tonight i will be going home to my dinner of mee siam mai hum.how dare u mock me french restaurant!!!!one day i will be a million dollar minister and have 3 meals at restaurant everyday!!!

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had no idea sinkies were so easily content,i remember even one minister asking them whether they want 3 meals at hawker,food court or restaurant.

let me tell u everyday when i walk by this shopping mall and i see this french restaurant proclaiming the most amazing delicieux poulet chicken,mocking me with the renaissance parissente decor and sexy 1950s franciases chansons d'amour music coming from the gramaphone,how dare u mock me french restaurant!!!!one day i will be a million dollar minister and have 3 meals at restaurant everyday!!!

What eatshitndie is trying to say is valid, "the conclusion is that the pap have done such a good job that the majority is not compelled to rock the boat that gives them a comfortable life, not the best in the world, but enough to be contented with".

The papzis is just doing enough not to create a riot with just three square meals a day. The PAP is not the best gahmen for sinkies. This lousy gahmen has fed the ppl with misinformation and propaganda. They have frightened sinkies into submission and getting away with it.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What eatshitndie is trying to say is valid, "the conclusion is that the pap have done such a good job that the majority is not compelled to rock the boat that gives them a comfortable life, not the best in the world, but enough to be contented with".

The papzis is just doing enough not to create a riot with just three square meals a day. The PAP is not the best gahmen for sinkies. This lousy gahmen has fed the ppl with misinformation and propaganda. They have frightened sinkies into submission and getting away with it.

how do brainless sinkies even know what a good job or bad job is?do they have any understanding of politics and economics and how countries are ran?have they compared living standards of singapore and other first world countries?or compared policies?

frightening people into submission is not the same as being content,they are just too afraid to do anything.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
frightening people into submission is not the same as being content,they are just too afraid to do anything.

It's not the government's fault the country is full of cowards. The gene pool was inherited from the British colonial masters.

The PAP is doing its best to improve things by importing new bloodstock but it will take a bit of time before things take a turn for the better.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good points, ups you.

Singaporeans need one situation where PAP top echelon insiders to say no to LHL ad walk away to form new party.

YSJ is one of them and of more follows they will raise RN up. RN and H3 are young fighter with potential to groom, unlike apprentice LHL never given the right way to learn the hard way. A pampered apprentice will fail miserably to lead.

IN the Qin dynasty, Wei Yang, set himself off to poor village for 3 months to find the state situation of the country, does LHL himself raise to that that, think outside the square?

Roy has not figured out that he don't need to get people to walk with him in protest and rallies to be with him. People who previously voted the PAP and now plan to vote oppo at the next election are also with him. Its just that they are not willing to expose themselves at Hong LIm and stand with him for the police to film them and use facial recognition software to find out who they are. There is no doubt that there is substantial support for his view. He easily raised money for his defence fund. People who give their money to him (and they could be in the thousands) are putting their money where their mouths are. These are the same people who support him but do it in a different way. Roy should not say that singaporeans do not support him simply because they did not rise up with him. These people who gave him money obviously supported him. And more will support him at the next election. Lets wait and see what will happen than.