• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Money changer robbed of 600k at aljunied crescent by 5 men

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THE victim of a brazen robbery in Aljunied Crescent on Wednesday said he would have fought back, but feared for his three-year-old son who was sleeping next to him in the car.

The 35-year-old moneychanger, Mr Ali, was robbed of more than $600,000 in cash by five men wearing ski masks in the open-air carpark at Block 110 just before 1am. The money was in the boot of his Hyundai car.

Recounting the "traumatic" experience, he told The Straits Times yesterday: "I wasn't worried for my life, but my son's. What if one of them does something to him?"

Mr Ali, who did not want his full name disclosed as he feared for his security, had collected the foreign currency from Changi Airport that night. He took his son along because the boy had been "disturbing" his mother, a teacher, and did not let her sleep.

And because the couple have to get up early for work, Mr Ali would sometimes leave his son at his father-in-law's home overnight. That was the plan on Wednesday.

When he arrived at his father-in-law's block, he parked in a handicap lot in an open-air carpark while waiting for his son to be picked up.

That was when he saw a Proton car with five men inside approach. "I tried to drive away, but the car blocked me. When I saw three men in masks alight the car, I knew something was very wrong," he said.

One of them was carrying a metal rod.

"I immediately locked the car door but they smashed my window. They punched me and tried to pull me out of the car."

The robbers forced the door open and eventually took off with more than $600,000 in cash.

Mr Ali, whose outlet is at The Arcade in Raffles Place, said he has been spending the last two days helping with police investigations. "I've been in Singapore for 10 years and I've never heard of something like that happening here. I'm very shocked it has happened to me. I'm very sad about it," said the Singapore permanent resident, who is from India.

He declined, "for safety reasons", to give details on why he was carrying such a large amount of money.

A 26-year-old relative who lives at Block 110 said that the incident has left the family distressed. They had been sleeping until they heard loud noises coming from downstairs.

Declining to give her name, she said: "We are all very stressed, these people must have been tracking us. We are so terrified that we cannot sleep at night. Even the three-year-old would say 'police' when he's sleeping."

Police investigations into the robbery are ongoing.

Moneychangers whom The Straits Times spoke to said that it is quite rare to carry such a large amount of cash around.

Mr Mansoor Ali, who works in Lucky Plaza, said: "We usually don't carry such a large amount at one go, maybe just $10,000 or $20,000. Even if we buy the currency, we go only to nearby places or banks."

Mr A. Haffan, a manager of a moneychanging outlet at The Arcade, said some moneychangers are wholesalers who sell currencies to other businesses, and these people carry more money around.

But he added: "Most of the wholesalers normally engage the services of Certis Cisco officers, because it's a very large amount of money to be carrying on your own.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/....9YWaeWgA.dpuf

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why gov only issue money changing license to ah neh ?

Their money should be insured right ?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Loanshark...Vandals....Robbery.... Suicides.... White Collar Fraud.... Bunker company collapse....

Kudos to PAP.

Even Temasick ribs your CPF.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man suspected of robbing $600,000 from moneychanger charged

Annadurai-Rob-081114e.jpg

Annadurai, 42, charged with voluntarily causing hurt in committing armed robbery. -- ST PHOTO: AZIZ HUSSIN

SINGAPORE - A Malaysian man has been charged over the brazen robbery which took place in Aljunied early Wednesday morning. Annadurai, 42, was charged on Saturday with voluntarily causing hurt in committing armed robbery on Nov 5 at around 1am at the car park of Block 110 Aljunied Crescent. Money changer Ali Yousouf Saiboo, 35, lost more than $600,000 when five men wearing ski masks robbed him in an open air car park. Among other items, the suspect was charged jointly with other unknown persons for robbing United States currency amounting to $210,000 (S$262,500) as well as Saudi Arabian and Brunei currencies. Court papers also stated that at least one man involved in the robbery was armed with a deadly weapon, a crowbar and voluntarily caused hurt to Mr Ali.
The man had robbed the money changer Ali Yousouf Saiboo of a total of $624,036.41 and some items. They include:

1. Two black luggage bags

2. Two black Nokia mobile phones with Malaysia registered SIM cards

3. Singapore currency amounting to $231,082

4. United States currency amounting to $210,000

5. Qatar currency amounting to $182

6. Oman currency amounting to $201

7. United Arab Emirates currency amounting to $43,825

8. Saudi Arabian currency amounting to $213,000

9. Brunei currency amounting to $34,124

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
skimask_07.jpg

The money changer had parked his Hyundai saloon car in a handicap lot while waiting for someone to pick up his sleeping three-year-old son.

skimask_08.jpg

A car soon pulled up in front of him and three men in ski masks jumped out. After a struggle with the money changer, they robbed him of more than $600,000 in cash that he had in his car boot.

skimask_09.jpg

skimask_10.jpg

A Proton pulled up perpendicular to his car with five men wearing ski masks. One acted as a lookout, while two others broke the driver's window with a metal rod. The other two men stayed in the car.

skimask_04.jpg

Shin Min Daily News reported that Mr Ali ran currency exchange outlets in Changi Airport and was transporting the more than $600,000 of cash home.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where got people drive Proton to rob money changer in Singapore ? :eek:
These fucktard jiu hoo kias always think they are smart :rolleyes:
Now got free stay at Changi Hotel and eat rotan , confirmed kena bartoh by kawan
:p

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The money changer should have employed security services to deliver the money. Classic case of penny wise pound foolish.