• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Activist: Hard To Dislodge WP From Aljunied GRC

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: TR EMERITUS

PAP activist: Hard to dislodge WP from Aljunied GRC
November 8th, 2014 | Author: Editorial

pap_badge.jpg

In the 2011 general election, Kaki Bukit ward was absorbed into Aljunied GRC after being part of Eunos, East Coast and Marine Parade in previous general elections.

It was a comfortable ward for PAP MPs and activists due to the many walkovers in past elections for some 20 years.

Its luck ran out when it was carved out from Marine Parade GRC to form part of Aljunied GRC in 2011. Aljunied GRC was then lost to WP.

Now, even as PAP redoubles their efforts in Kaki Bukit with community programmes, social assistance and other “sweet” schemes, PAP activists do not believe they are going to win back Aljunied GRC.

Ms Normah Ahmad, a PAP activist since 1980 and former chair of Kaki Bukit’s Women’s Wing, said, “Realistically, it will be a very tough fight to dislodge the Workers’ Party.”

She said that PAP must be more proactive in engaging residents as fewer instinctively turn to PAP for help.

Another activist, 27-year-old Jagathishwaran Rajo, who is with NTUC, thinks that the days of a high percentage of votes for PAP are over.

Mr Rajo, who studied political science in university, said that he was one of the few who spoke up for the PAP government in class, “It has become glamorous nowadays to be anti-government, anti-PAP and anti-establishment. My honours year thesis title was ‘End Of PAP dominance?’”

“We do have to think about whether the days of very high percentage of votes are over. After all, in developed countries, it is very rare now to get a majority. So, this is maybe the new normal – more debate, more contest, but also more new ideas,” he said.

However, Mr Rajo did not say if he bothered to find out why anti-PAP sentiments have become so popular or, as he puts it, “glamorous” these days, as compared to say, 20 years ago.

Mr Rajo is the YPAP branch chair in Zhenghua ward of Holland-Bukit Timah GRC.

Some PAP activists have noticed that people think they are bootlickers and do not like to be associated with them.

Joseph Lim Hak Moh, PBM, who runs a metal and hardware business, said [Link], “It’s quite sad when I want to drink kopi and people tell me ‘mai lah, pai seh’. They think we are bootlickers and don’t want to be seen associating with a PAP member.”

Whatever is the case, one thing is certain – there will scarcely be walkovers for PAP in future elections.

What do you think?

End Of Article​

bJhvcCg.jpg

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever is the case, one thing is certain – there will scarcely be walkovers for PAP in future elections.

There are now more sinkies willing to join oppo parties to contest in GE and more GRC will be contested. This will reduce walkovers for papees if every GRC is contested.

Walkover is not due to popularity of papees but due to oppo parties unable to find the adequate number of good candidates to contest the GRC.

If election had been held on one to one contest years ago, the paps might not have been the ruling party today.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What ever the PAP activists think of the situation, I'm not letting my guard down, still on my kopi sessions to win more middle ground voters to vote the PAP out! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What ever the PAP activists think of the situation, I'm not letting my guard down, still on my kopi sessions to win more middle ground voters to vote the PAP out! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Agreed. We need to continue with our constant reminders to people we know the evils of the scums in white.
Especially to those who just reads the MSM.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro, keep up your good work... GE15/16 is just round the corner... :cool:

jw5

Loyal
They should try to dislodge WP from Hougang by putting LHL there. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is not losing dominance,PAP is on the way to becoming the republican party.something that people vote in every now and then to remind themselves how bad they are before they switch back to democrat again.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Your deeds literally will go down in history for voting this useless PM out.

But I don't stay in AMK GRC, my only contribution was one vote for the opposition in AJ GRC in 2011.
Much as I try to influence those around me to vote the PAP out, truth be told, I still dunno how persuasive I am and the success rate of my kopi sessions.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PAP win back Aljuneid 16,000 households will have to attend court for being late in paying their S&CC arrears- while ministers laugh all the way to the bank with their millions of salaries and pensions.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I don't stay in AMK GRC, my only contribution was one vote for the opposition in AJ GRC in 2011.
Much as I try to influence those around me to vote the PAP out, truth be told, I still dunno how persuasive I am and the success rate of my kopi sessions.

This GRC voting is retarded....its supposed to be a national election why are we voting by GRC.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once the old fart kick the bucket,more smart people will come out to join the opposition to kick out the PAP.
The old fart is the barrier to a better tomorrow for singapore .

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
All politics is local.

WP had been working hard building up their grassroots foundation in aljunied. It this foundation that pap will has an uphill task to uproot from WP.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once the old fart kick the bucket,more smart people will come out to join the opposition to kick out the PAP.
The old fart is the barrier to a better tomorrow for singapore .

all the smart people join opposition also no use when voters are dumb and gutless...............

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
J
thumbs up!

pls continue your effort until no 1 party hold absolute power. ever.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP win back Aljuneid 16,000 households will have to attend court for being late in paying their S&CC arrears- while ministers laugh all the way to the bank with their millions of salaries and pensions.
repeat this enough times and we can be sure white scums can confirm kiss goodbye to votes from these 16k households.

good job mnd.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP has the full support from PA, NTUC and SPH to help them kick out a puny WP, which has very limited funds, and no real connections to any of Singapore's big institution. Even WP's name, Workers' Party, is a joke as the WP is not linked to any union or labour organisation in any way. If the PAP, in spite of their advantages, still cannot kick out WP, then they really deserve to lose.