• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Star Wars: Episode 7 The Force Awakens

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it is virtually a japanese anime, a cartoon. What is your rating?

So far, it is only comparable to the 'Phantom Menace' of the Prequel Trilogy. I am hoping that the scriptwriters, director and cast slowly find their direction. Like in the Prequel Trilogy, the story seemed to have improved from Part 2. Part 1 is more for feeling its way around and introducing you to the new folks.

My take is that both the Prequel and Sequel Trilogy lack the critical acclaim of the Original Trilogy. It's not just the 'Wow' factor of something new, but also with the storyline, the strength of the characters involved. Many names of the Original Trilogy became household names; Luke Skywalker Yoda, Darth Vader, Hans Solo, Princess Leia (with and without her slave outfit), Chewbacca, R2D2, C3P0, Millennium Falcon, 'Imperial March', Luke Skywalker theme song. The Prequel's characters were not as strong, maybe except for the common dislike for Jar Jar Binks.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far, it is only comparable to the 'Phantom Menace' of the Prequel Trilogy. I am hoping that the scriptwriters, director and cast slowly find their direction. Like in the Prequel Trilogy, the story seemed to have improved from Part 2. Part 1 is more for feeling its way around and introducing you to the new folks.

My take is that both the Prequel and Sequel Trilogy lack the critical acclaim of the Original Trilogy. It's not just the 'Wow' factor of something new, but also with the storyline, the strength of the characters involved. Many names of the Original Trilogy became household names; Luke Skywalker Yoda, Darth Vader, Hans Solo, Princess Leia (with and without her slave outfit), Chewbacca, R2D2, C3P0, Millennium Falcon, 'Imperial March', Luke Skywalker theme song. , maybe except for the common dislike for Jar Jar Binks.

same as jar jar bing, then it is a failure.
The Prequel's characters were not as strong - now that is an understatement. like for example the chrome stormtrooper. OMG what is she doing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lines forming outside the san jose tech museum today for tonight's midnight screening. the imax theater at the tech museum is 1 of only 15 imax theaters in the cuntry that have the 70mm 3-d dome projection system.

image.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they will probably be happy with it, since the prequel were worse.

i hope every one seen it, so i can put out my RANT.

so much things to say about J J abrams BS.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As far as outer space movies are concerned, I found 'Guardians of the Galaxy' to be far better than 'The Force Awakens'.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
151130050776.jpg

Photograph by Marco Grob for TIME
Abrams was determined to use as little CGI as possible, so he made BB-8—a fully functioning robot—who has already become an iconic character.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Ultimate Star Wars Dictionary for Dummies
Everything a newbie needs to know before seeing The Force Awakens

http://time.com/4150098/star-wars-the-force-awakens-terms-guide/

Never seen a Star Wars movie but your friends already bought you a ticket to The Force Awakens? Don’t worry. We have you covered with your basic terms. Major spoilers ahead.

The Original Trilogy
Star Wars is made up of three trilogies that were (illogically) made out of order. First came episodes IV, V and VI. That’s Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977, The Empire Strikes Back in 1980 and Return of the Jedi in 1983. In that trilogy the good guys (the Rebellion and the Jedi) fight the bad guys (the Empire ruled by the Sith). When people refer to the “original trilogy” they are referring to these movies. Most of this glossary will deal with these films since they are widely considered far superior to the prequels.

The Prequels
But just so you’re aware: The prequels were Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999), Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones(2002) and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005). This chronicles the story of how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, the main bad guy in the earlier (but actually later) trilogy. Both the first and second trilogies were directed by George Lucas.

The New Films
The new movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakensis the first installment in the new trilogy. It was directed by J.J. Abrams and includes the stars of the original cast, Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker). It will be followed by two more Star Wars films, now being called just episodes VIII and IX.

And as if that weren’t enough, Disney and Lucasfilm are also planning a number of Star Wars spinoff films, one of which will be calledRogue One and another of which focuses on a younger version of Han Solo, the Harrison Ford character.

The Force
Here’s how the movie explains it: “The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.” Basically, certain people can use their mind to move objects, to control what people do and think, and more, all using microscopic organisms called midi-chlorians. Not everyone can use the Force, but those who can can use it for good or evil. The Jedi use the light side, the Sith the dark side.

Jedi
Long ago, there used to be many Jedi Knights who kept the peace and fought the Sith. Eventually, however, the Sith took over and killed all but a few Jedi. In episodes IV, V and VI, the Jedi join forces with the Rebellion to defeat the Empire. Someone in training to become a Jedi, known as a Padawan or a Jedi apprentice, trains one-on-one with a Jedi Master.

Lightsaber
A blade made of pure energy wielded by those who can use the force. Generally speaking, Sith use red blades.

Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker learns the ways of the Force first from Obi-Wan Kenobi then from Yoda and becomes a Jedi Knight. Along the way, he develops a crush on a princess named Leia, but it turns out she’s his sister. He also loses his hand to Darth Vader, though ultimately he saves the galaxy.

Darth Vader
Darth Vader is the ultimate bad guy. As a child, he was Anakin Skywalker but when he went to the dark side (i.e. became a bad guy) he earned the title “Darth,” which basically just means dark lord. He also (spoiler alert) turns out to be Luke and Leia’s father. (In fact, the reason he went from being a Jedi in training to a Sith is because Chancellor Palpatine—who becomes the emperor—promised that he would be able to save the life of his wife, Padme, who was going to die. That didn’t pan out.)

Princess Leia
Leia begins the series being captured by Darth Vader. She’s rescued by Luke and Han, though she quickly makes it clear that she’s the one really in charge—not the boys.

Han Solo
A reckless but charming smuggler and space cowboy, Han Solo and his sidekick Chewbacca help Luke and Leia save the galaxy. He and Leia also fall in love.

Death Star
A space station that Darth Vader uses to blow up planet. The Rebellion destroys it at the beginning of Episode IV, but the empire builds another one for Episode VI (which the rebels also destroy).

The Millennium Falcon
Han Solo’s dirty but awesome ship.

Stormtrooper

These are soldiers in white body armor who work for the Empire.

Yoda
The small, green, 900-year-old Jedi Master who trains Luke.

Droid

A robot with artificial intelligence.

C-3PO
A tall, gold robot who is always worrying.

R2-D2
A cute white and blue robot who makes beeping noises and often accompanies Luke on his flights.

Clones
Soldiers of the Republic, the governing body in episodes I, II and III.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they will probably be happy with it, since the prequel were worse.

i hope every one seen it, so i can put out my RANT.

so much things to say about J J abrams BS.

Haha. You are pissed off because you expected too much from the movie announcement

It is very unlikely sequels will be better than the original. So suck it up and carry on

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought JJ abrams will be better than George lucas.
But he only beat the old lucas, not the young lucas.

Damn...
What is the cartoon weapons, cartoon character, cartoon villains, cartoon story came from.
Wait... is it Disney fault? Screw you Disney .