• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can we ever be known as Singaporeans.

Baboonbaby

There are other dividers like status, class divisions, sex, wealth etc. The main ones are race, religion and language are the main dividers of any society. Is there anyway that we can remove Race from our Identity Cards. I would sincerely like to be known as a Singaporean. Recently I found out that children of mixed parents can choose to be called Malay-Chinese, Chinese-Indian, Indian-Chinese. Is this necessary?

The peranakan community was born out of mixed marriages between races. Over time they have come to become a proud community standing by themselves. They have their own cuisine, festivals, quirky dressing and history. Removing race from our Identity cards I believe will create this special oneness. One of our quirks is Singlish which we are constantly reminded to avoid. Our Lahs, Lehs and a mixture of malay, hokkien English is something which we created. Different parts of England have their own version of English which they are proud of.

Let us evolve to become Singaporeans naturally rather than giving us a constant reminder of our ancestral heritage.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans should add a Malaya name like Anwar, Fatimah before the surname. Singapore will go back to Malaysia soon. This is a unsustainable island in 2020. Chinks already started work cut the Isthmus of Kra in Thailand. This is part of strategy to have 2 shipping routes than one if m&d blocked it. Say bye bye to Singapore.

Chinks also built trans shipment rails and roads in Burma, and re-open the Silk Road again via bullet train system.

80% of shipping cargoes are from Made in China products and Chinks will like to find alternative lands, seas and rails shipment to the West.

Return Singapore to the lazy m&d, who cares if it is back to fishing villages and start using your m&d name

There are other dividers like status, class divisions, sex, wealth etc. The main ones are race, religion and language are the main dividers of any society. Is there anyway that we can remove Race from our Identity Cards. I would sincerely like to be known as a Singaporean. Recently I found out that children of mixed parents can choose to be called Malay-Chinese, Chinese-Indian, Indian-Chinese. Is this necessary?

The peranakan community was born out of mixed marriages between races. Over time they have come to become a proud community standing by themselves. They have their own cuisine, festivals, quirky dressing and history. Removing race from our Identity cards I believe will create this special oneness. One of our quirks is Singlish which we are constantly reminded to avoid. Our Lahs, Lehs and a mixture of malay, hokkien English is something which we created. Different parts of England have their own version of English which they are proud of.

Let us evolve to become Singaporeans naturally rather than giving us a constant reminder of our ancestral heritage.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is the old Singapore.... now we have the new Singapore....the Singaporean pinky,Singaporean India national and the Singaporean PRC and Singaporean Caucasian.each bringing a new taste and flavor and dimension completely unknown to the old Singapore.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once upon a time, when travelling abroad with the red passport is a source of pride to be identified as a Singaporean but today, a pinoy, an ah neh, an ang moh, etc can also use the red passort to travel but they are not the real singaporeans. They are imported by the paps, different from the locals born in the island, who are either malay, chinese, indians or eurasians.

These locals are the real singaporeans and have no other country to call it their home. Those with dual citizenships are not the real singaporeans. They have their legs on two boats at the same time.

The paps have destroyed the "singaporeaness" of the people.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;54agDPxW3qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54agDPxW3qs&list=PLI87wHY3Cs-xiYZC8tcR9for40KbzJGQu[/video]

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel very shy to be among Singaporeans after having lived in angmo countries for so long. Because Singaporeans still have a lot to learn regarding social graces. I am on high alert when I reach SIA gates in any airports in the world.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't think it is a good idea to remove the race. A race is a race, why must remove this category just to suit mixed raced people? Are non-mixed parentage people wishes to have our race clearly indicated anything wrong?

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Singaporean' is just a definition for citizenship. Calling yourself 'Singaporean' merely tell people you are a sinkieland passport holder. It something that can be change for instance once u give up citizenship and migrate, u can no longer qualified yourself as 'Singaporean'. But ethnicity is something you cannot change. Even if u migrate your status merely change from ' Chinese Singaporean' to 'chinese Australian'. Both are different things and it ridiculous to suggest there is such a thing as sinkie race.

Baboonbaby

Hello bros, glad that i have gotten some responses. I am not saying everyone should disregard their culture or their own ethnicity. We can still be proud of who we are without the need to be officially labelled as Chinese, Indian or Malay. I always assumed Singapore is a multi-race country until I went to Melbourne and stayed there for 1.5 years. Thats a real multi racial country with Indians, Chinese, Malays, Afghans, Viets, Pinoys, Sri Lankans etc. We are actually a Chinese majority country with Indians and Malays. Thats a fact. I just wish for us to be known as Singaporeans. This cannot be achieved in a single day its probably a 50 or 100 year goal.

Current situation, we are divided by race. Though we have red IC, when we need help we can reach out for financial assistance from the Govt. One of the avenues painted for us is to reach out to Race based help organisations like Sindha, CDAC and Mendaki. Given a similar situation between a chinese and a malay they may receive differing help from their respective race based organisation. I do not think that is fair. All these organisations should pool their resources and help Singaporeans as a whole rather than by race. This is just one example but I hope you guys see what I am pointing towards.

I am proud of who my ancestors are and were and but that should not hold us back from becoming together as one moving forward. Due to the influx of foreigners recently I notice so much difference between us Singaporeans vs the Indians and Chinese from their homelands. Some good some bad. In the work environment when everyone is trying use proper english because these foreigners do not understand Singlish, I miss using words like wheregot, wah lau eh, cockanathan.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bros, glad that i have gotten some responses. I am not saying everyone should disregard their culture or their own ethnicity. We can still be proud of who we are without the need to be officially labelled as Chinese, Indian or Malay. I always assumed Singapore is a multi-race country until I went to Melbourne and stayed there for 1.5 years. Thats a real multi racial country with Indians, Chinese, Malays, Afghans, Viets, Pinoys, Sri Lankans etc. We are actually a Chinese majority country with Indians and Malays. Thats a fact. I just wish for us to be known as Singaporeans. This cannot be achieved in a single day its probably a 50 or 100 year goal.

Current situation, we are divided by race. Though we have red IC, when we need help we can reach out for financial assistance from the Govt. One of the avenues painted for us is to reach out to Race based help organisations like Sindha, CDAC and Mendaki. Given a similar situation between a chinese and a malay they may receive differing help from their respective race based organisation. I do not think that is fair. All these organisations should pool their resources and help Singaporeans as a whole rather than by race. This is just one example but I hope you guys see what I am pointing towards.

I am proud of who my ancestors are and were and but that should not hold us back from becoming together as one moving forward. Due to the influx of foreigners recently I notice so much difference between us Singaporeans vs the Indians and Chinese from their homelands. Some good some bad. In the work environment when everyone is trying use proper english because these foreigners do not understand Singlish, I miss using words like wheregot, wah lau eh, cockanathan.

Not sure about malays and indians, most of the Chinese in Spore consider ourselves Singaporean first then chinese. It is not necessary at all to remove Race category so as to remove the basis of help along racial line.

Spore is chinese majority is nothing wrong and nothing to be ashamed compared to other cities like Melborne. Removing the race will only make it easier for more imported pinoys etc tobe brought in and subsequently no data to tell the difference.

Most importantly, why should the majority race be sacrificed to accede to the minority mixed race and foreigners' requests to be less conspicuous without the race indicated.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have already evolved to become Singaporeans but unfortunately, not naturally. The whole process was misguided. At the end, I see a Singaporean, when I meet someone who

1. Relies on maid to do all household chores.
2. Out source bringing up of their children to maids, teachers and tutors.
3. Thinks that they will earn big money if they get a degree of any kind.
4. Does not believe in using their hands to earn a living.
5. Has no other interest or hobby except shopping and dining.
6. Has no mind of their own, always waiting for direction and be led by the nose.
7. Keeps complaining but never dare to act.
8. Fears changes not realising that status quo can be worse off at the end.
9. Likes to criticise others loudly especially when overseas.
10. Get conned all the way and still think that it is good.

This is Singaporean.